image-18.jpg
315006-i.jpg
299875.jpg
image.jpg
abracadabra.jpg
image_2.jpeg
catacomb 016.JPG
image.jpg
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

John_I said:

Wow !!!

That may be selling it short -- it's better than that sounds. 2001 (and Dimension and Galaxie) are fantastic games. But they're also 2" flipper EMs. So they don't make the list, even if they are awesome.

#102 9 years ago

1982 Williams Cosmic Gunfight (Barry Oursler)
[9]
-mof

#103 9 years ago

I would have to say Joker Poker is my favorite solid state drop target game. Five separate banks of 15 targets uniquely arranged on the playfield. That upper flipper just ties it all together. I know they made an EM as well, but the rule set of the solid state version make it more exciting to play. I have had both.

#104 9 years ago

1983 Gottlieb Amazon Hunt
10 drops -- bizarre -- it's a near-exact copy of Quick Draw...
-mof

#105 9 years ago

Yes! Game Plan Sharpshooter. And... Williams Black Knight.~SpOoKy

#106 9 years ago

'78 Williams Phoenix
10 drops total.
two sets of 4, and two in a "V" pattern in front of the pop bumpers.
Love the "V"
phoenix drop targ.jpgphoenix drop targ.jpg

1 month later
#107 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

1983 Gottlieb Amazon Hunt
10 drops -- bizarre -- it's a near-exact copy of Quick Draw...
-mof

same PF layout as in fastdraw/quickdraw, been done a few times by gottlieb, reusing famous layouts.
=> canadadry/eldorado/targetalpha

#108 9 years ago

Sorry a little off-topic but... Is Fast Draw/Quick Draw the first pinball machine to reset a bank of drops in more than one way?

#109 9 years ago

Yes I do! My favorite that I own is Eight Ball Deluxe - it's all about the drop targets. I just played Meteor a bunch in a tourney and that was a great target game too! Hope to find some more to play soon

#110 9 years ago

Honorable mention goes to Cyclopes with 8. Deserves to be on the list because its got stand ups behind that are needed to reset them.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

Yes I do! My favorite that I own is Eight Ball Deluxe - it's all about the drop targets. I just played Meteor a bunch in a tourney and that was a great target game too! Hope to find some more to play soon

Great thing about many Bally DT games - getting the drops down is key to big scores. On FG it's drops on three levels, that is challenging. Especially when Bally drops brick you so often.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Medusa. Metamorphic drop targets!

image.jpg 263 KB

"Conquer Olympus!"
Solar fire with 4 sets of targets including that Flash bank up top!

Also Jungle Lord and it "Double Trouble" bank.

Post edited by girloveswaffles

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Great thing about many Bally DT games - getting the drops down is key to big scores. On FG it's drops on three levels, that is challenging. Especially when Bally drops brick you so often.

Got a Viking not too long ago and the right side 1-2-3 targets brick quite often. Pretty common among Bally machines you say?

#114 9 years ago

Just remembered Stern's Lightning. Three sets of Three drop targets.

#115 9 years ago

... also Gottliebs Force II has three banks of five drop targets.

#116 9 years ago

Got.'s Monte Carlo has 2 sets of 3 and 2 sets of 2 for a total of ten drops.

#117 9 years ago

I'm having a lot of fun with my Premier "Excalibur", it has a total of 16 drops!!! :0

Not a lot of people seem to have played it though, here's a good video of one:

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

I'm having a lot of fun with my Premier "Excalibur", it has a total of 16 drops!!! :0
Not a lot of people seem to have played it though, here's a good video of one:
» YouTube video

Added. Nice one.
-mof

#119 9 years ago

I'd need a good poker face to say i don't love drop targets. I sold Count Down only to pick up Black Hole and some how Genie slipped right in after that. So yes i suffer from the drop target affliction.

#120 9 years ago

How can you not count inline drops? those are the best kind!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Especially on Eight Ball Deluxe and Flash Gordon.

#122 9 years ago

Scorpion and Star God added.
-mof

1 month later
#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

and Paragon

#124 9 years ago

I love drops. I have Maverick with 17, and WPT with 16. WPT rules are great, but the drops are not used as much as I would like, pretty well, and important for banks of them in the main MB, but Maverick shines here.

Everyone talks about this and that game that is the "most underrated", but IMO that is Mav by a long shot. The use of the drops are incredible, and you are constantly having to sniper everything, all angles, all targets, at different times, all throughout the entire game. People have a hard time believing it, but I have almost all top 10 machines, and many after, and Maverick IMO is one of the best rulesets in pinball. Most people look at it and for some reason won't even allow themselves to consider it.

1 month later
#125 9 years ago

You know who doesn't seem to love drops?
Pat Lawlor
FH, TAF, TZ...
=(
-mof

#126 9 years ago

My favorite: GTB Counterforce. Not only does it have drop targets, but it has 'memory' drop targets!

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffmd72:

My favorite: GTB Counterforce. Not only does it have drop targets, but it has 'memory' drop targets!

Counterforce doesn't get much love, but it's really a challenging game. Been a LONG time since I've had an opportunity to play one.

#128 9 years ago

Definitely enjoy some drop targets, although I don't have many in my collection. I like how they absorb some impact, and you always get something special for completing a bank of them. One fun drop bank off the top of my mind is Jungle Lord, where you're trying to keep the ball on the upper playfield and hit the randomly resetting drops.

#129 9 years ago

I love drop targets especially inline like Flash Gordon, met, ebd, globetrotter sect..

Or timed like bk and solar fire

7 years later
#130 1 year ago

Maverick. Atomicboy covers the reasons very well.

#131 1 year ago

On my fave game Fast Draw they always say the best strategy is to stay away from the drops as much as possible. Keep shooting the ball up top. Sorry, I've never been able to do that, shooting the drops is just too much fun and not shooting them is boring.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

they always say the best strategy is to stay away from the drops as much as possible. Keep shooting the ball up top

100% -- which is why I'm so much enjoying:

Flash

right now... just picking off *2-for-1's* while calling my shots is making me so happy. Don't care about my score

It's just the joy of sniping well.

-mof

#133 1 year ago

I’m surprised that no one mentioned Mata Hari. There is a great balance of risk to reward on its two banks of four.

#134 1 year ago

Beatles is good drop targets fun too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
Cabinet - Decals
J and D Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 179.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-love-drop-targets/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.