(Topic ID: 11515)

Do you live in a good pinball town?

By NY2Colorado

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

outoforder.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    photo15.JPG
    lineup_(1024x768).jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

The only problem is the PAPA headquarters are only open twice a year from what I am told.

The password is POOOWWWEEERRRBBAAALLLLLL. You have to say it like that or the doors wont open.

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Hey, I'm only a 2.5 hour drive man!
    Trying to change it in my town. Pic of the new line up on location:

Congrats on getting the MM finished up, and out on location!

I'll be curious to see how it earns vs the other games you've had there.

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from OrochiLeona:

I live in England, the only thing close to a good pinball town here is living near a guy who has a ton of machines. Out in the wild there's like, 1 machine every other city.

Again nothing nearby for me either. I'll normally go and drop a few coins in London if I want to play any games in the wild. London has quite a few well looked after machines, otherwise as OrochiLeona says, there are just a few dozen poorly maintained ones dotted around the UK.

#54 12 years ago

There is an operator in the area that I would love to buy out. His machines are in just terrible shape. All easy fixes too. There is an NBA fast break with duct tape acting as a ball diverter. And you're lucky if the things decide to take your quarters.

#55 12 years ago

Yes, but only because of the private collections i have access to. In the wild... not so much but not as bad as some of y'all.

#56 12 years ago

San Diego is a great place for pinball. Nickel City and Games On are great place to play pinball IMO.

http://pinballmap.com/sandiego

#57 12 years ago

Atlanta has a decent network of collectors, but for pins on location it's pretty barren.

We do tend to pay a little less than average for pins on CL, but it would be really nice to have a few public location to play like Portland or NYC. At least we have the pinswap to look forward to in April.

http://www.atlantapinswap.com/

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Terrible here.
    No OP here knows/cares how to take care of a pinball machine anymore. Heck, most of them around here don't remember where or what machines they have on location.

I won't argue with you on the condition of the machines, but I will say that there are quite of few machines in the area. I can think of about half a dozen places to play in a city of 200,000, which isn't horrible. But yes, condition is so-so...

Luke

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

There is an operator in the area that I would love to buy out. His machines are in just terrible shape. All easy fixes too. There is an NBA Fast Break with duct tape acting as a ball diverter. And you're lucky if the things decide to take your quarters.

If you tell me the name of the operator I will tell you if thats ever going to happen. I know almost all of those guys

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

I can think of about half a dozen places to play in a city of 200,000, which isn't horrible.

Yah, you guys have it good. There were so many places to play in my city, I actually had to put out my own machines on location, just so I could go somewhere to play!

#61 12 years ago

Greensboro & Winston-Salem in North Carolina where I live is a surprisingly active pinball town.

#62 12 years ago

Wheel of furtune in a bowling alley. Thats all ive found

#63 12 years ago

Duluth is meh. Postmaster has a handful at the comic book store, but there are random ones at bars around, but they are not kept up. At least there are some though.

#64 12 years ago

WE have quite a few. The arcade is still rocking about 30 or so and you can find them around.

Although none of the bowling alleys have them...which uses to always be sure spot for them.

#65 12 years ago

Omaha NE has a couple of places with good pins. BigJohn's has 6 of the top 10, Benes Pizza has some good pins from the 90's and today (plus they are is great shape) and there are a couple of local dealers where play is free (pinball past and Mid American). You can always find a local place with one or two pins (T2, BBH, FG, LOTR etc.).

I find myself eating at these places not for the food but the pinball experience with the family.

Hats off to the local dealers who set pins on free play and encourage people to come!!

#66 12 years ago

Being a small town, pins are kind of hard to find in Lebanon. My dad routes them in places like bars, laundromats, etc. and I can tell you right now that we're the best operators in the county. I found a Ripley's at the local theater but it wasn't working the last two times I've been there, and that was probably over 2 years ago. I'm going to see The Lorax when it comes out and hope to find something playable that's not Rolling Stones/Elvis/AC/DC.

#67 12 years ago

There are only a handful of pins in the state. Not good here.

$0.50 per play is great on that new Stern.

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Pinballz...sounds amazing. I want to open one in Arkansas. I would probably lose my job though. Definitely a must see.

Austin is great for pinball! Even before Pinballz opened, there are about 8 places around the city with good pins.

#69 12 years ago

So of course I'll get shot at for saying Seattle is definitely a great pinball city. Got our own 'zine dedicated to pinball, too!

http://www.skill-shot.com/

That'll also give you an idea of how many games we've got within a fairly small radius.

Portland seems to be the biggest Pinball City in the USA, though. They've got more than 200 pins in the same radius as Seattle's 120 or so.

#70 12 years ago

With Lloyds place in Hopkins and Blainbrook in Blaine. Plus, pinball on a stick at the MN State Fair. We are sitting pretty good with just those alone in the Twin Cities area.

#71 12 years ago

You would think that Chicago would be a killer city for pinball....

#72 12 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

Portland seems to be the biggest Pinball City in the USA, though. They've got more than 200 pins in the same radius as Seattle's 120 or so.

500 in the portland metro area, actually. Come on down pin lovers, we also have great beer!

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Houston isn't bad if you know where to look. The best place in town is http://www.joystixgames.com. They have 100+ pins. Every first and last Friday of the month they have 'Packman Fever'. For $15, every game is on free play, and the bar is open (not free - just available). Iposted a thread about this several months ago: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-and-pinball-is-alive-and-well-in-houston-tx

Attachments IMG_0039.JPG (386.3 KB, 0 downloads) 5 days old photo15.JPG (458.1 KB, 0 downloads) 5 days old

100 pins? Wow. I would be spending serious time there, for sure! That is a buttload of pins!! One place like that in any city makes it a prime pin city.

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Chicago sucks, especially out in the Northern suburbs where I live!

I agree it's no pinball mecca, but at least we have Gameworks in Schaumburg that typically has the most recent 6-8 Stern 'pro' pins to play with. (plus they usually host a Stern pinball release party for their newest model)

#75 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Not to mention you are so close to South Park.

lol i've stained million dollar 'cabins' in south park. great area south of breckenridge

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-live-in-a-good-pinball-town/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.