7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Ballsofsteel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

outoforder.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    photo15.JPG
    lineup_(1024x768).jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I feel fortunate to live in a town like Denver that has a ton of great places to play pinball. It reminds me of the 90's the way more and more machines are popping up in bars around here.

That doesn't even count places like 1up or Lyons classic pinball, flipper jones, etc..

How is your town?

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I feel fortunate to live in a town like Denver that has a ton of great places to play pinball. It reminds me of the 90's the way more and more machines are popping up in bars around here.
    That doesn't even count places like 1up or Lyons classic pinball, flipper jones, etc..
    How is your town?

It's like prohibition around here. Dry.

#3 7 years ago

3 hours to a working pin. Unless you count CeC, which I don't cuz you can't go without your kids.

#4 7 years ago

Can't complain. We have Pinballz here in Austin so I'm about a 20 min drive from aprox 100 machines.

#5 7 years ago

No, I have four beat to hell sterns and an addams that is less than subpar.

#6 7 years ago

It isn't too bad around here, the museum isn't too far and there are of bunch of 1 - 2 machine establishments (bowling alley, bars, etc.).

I was in Austin about 3 months ago and went to Pinballz. Actually I spent 2 full days there it's a pretty amazing place.

When people started bringing in 6 packs of beer I was like crap, this is my kind of place. How can you beat a BYOB pinball house with a bunch of machines that are in incredible shape?

I need to open a place like that here

#7 7 years ago

It sucks here. We have a beat up Shrek....that's it. On the plus side I'm going on a job interview in Denver!

#8 7 years ago

Pinballz...sounds amazing. I want to open one in Arkansas. I would probably lose my job though. Definitely a must see.

#9 7 years ago

Detroit, the BEST for pinball, you just have to know where to look.

#10 7 years ago

Walla Walla is much better since I found Yakima Guy(Entertainment Plus) when I got into pins, there was only 3 pins, now theres 9 because of me.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

How is your town?

It wasn't this way a few years ago for Denver.. but a few very good operators have started restoring peoples faith and interest in location pinballs. I am seeing more players turning into Operators every month and putting out a couple of machines.. then next they want jukeboxes, pool tables and so on. Its nice to see a new influx of operators in an area.. Keeps things fresh and kicks out the poor burned out ones.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

NY2Colorado said:I feel fortunate to live in a town like Denver that has a ton of great places to play pinball. It reminds me of the 90's the way more and more machines are popping up in bars around here.
    How is your town?
    It wasn't this way a few years ago for Denver.. but a few very good operators have started restoring peoples faith and interest in location pinballs. I am seeing more players turning into Operators every month and putting out a couple of machines.. then next they want jukeboxes, pool tables and so on. Its nice to see a new influx of operators in an area.. Keeps things fresh and kicks out the poor burned out ones.

Nothing worse than an operator who doesn't care. GUT from 1up takes great care of his machines

#13 7 years ago

Town? the whole state of Connecticut is bad for pin sightings!

#14 7 years ago

Got a SWE1 at a pizza joint that I play regularly also an old school arcade that supposedly has 3 or 4 pins but I haven't made it in there yet.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Can't complain. We have Pinballz here in Austin so I'm about a 20 min drive from aprox 100 machines.

+100

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

85vett said:Can't complain. We have Pinballz here in Austin so I'm about a 20 min drive from aprox 100 machines.
    +100

+120 I think

Not all of them are setup as well as they could be though

Have you been to the G&S lounge? I hear they have like 4-6 pins there and booze

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Have you been to the G&S lounge?

a bit south for my blood but ill check it out.

Im normally at Hideout off Parmer and Mopac on the TSPP

#18 7 years ago

No, Fresno sucks.

#19 7 years ago

Pittsburgh is a great town for pinball.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

It's like prohibition around here. Dry.

Says someone with 16 solid games. I shed tears for you.

#21 7 years ago

Well, here in Cincy there aren't too many pins in the wild so to speak, but we are very fortunate to have lots of pinheads here with widely varying collections, and we all get together at one or the others house and play...we have a really cool network around here, if we have an issue, or need something there are lots of folks to jump in and help...

Phoebe

#22 7 years ago

Not too bad here to get my fix
    IM & BBH & FG at a local resturant
    Rolling Stones at a bar
    2 Wheel of Fortunes(which i surprisingly liked)
    TSPP & WPT at a bowling alley, Elvis at another bowling alley
    Tron at Godfathers Pizza
    I think that is it for now...always looking around, you never know where u will spot them.

#23 7 years ago

HELL NO!!!

I've got more pins in my home than all the businesses combined in a 100 mile radius!

I live in the 3rd largest city in Kentucky and and there are 3 known pins here. A broken Corvette pin at the Corvette Museum, a so-so NASCAR in the local Best Western (in the Florida Room where the temperature is 107 and you nearly die while playing one game!), and a good working TSPP at the local Chuck-E-Cheese.

Mike

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I've got more pins in my home than all the businesses combined in a 100 mile radius!

That's about my experience also. A Rolling Stones at the local Cinemark theater... but other than that... bumpkis. You other guys living in "hotbeds" are fortunate.

#25 7 years ago

Chicago sucks, especially out in the Northern suburbs where I live!

#26 7 years ago

Indiana sucks as well. I think there is a dirty Popeye at a local Mr. Gattis, but I'm not for sure if that is even there.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Agreed. There are so many large private collections around here it's obscene. There are also 6-12 pins rotating around the different bars in the city's South Side district, quite a few pizza places with 1-3 pins, and 3 ok pinball arcades (Games N'at, Pinball Perfection & Ace's). The league here is also 70+ ppl strong and very active.

#28 7 years ago

St. Louis is a great place for pinball. More interest everyday.

#29 7 years ago

NO.*
    All of the good/shopped/level and fully functioning local pins are in private collections unfortunately.
    I guess PHOF is just a hop-skip-and-a-300-mile-drive(!) though, whenever I get the urge to play multiple pins in a public setting!

*(NOT counting L.A...)

#30 7 years ago

You would think the largest city in Canada would have some decent spots, but Toronto has some slim pickins. A handful of single games in bars/restaurants. The recently opened Pinball cafe has some old EMs in poor to fair condition and one AC/DC.

The best bet is Church of the Silver Ball. It's a huge private collection that's opened to the public or small groups once or twice a month "Pinball Faith Nights". $10 all you can play.

Toronto needs pinball!!!!

#32 7 years ago

not in the Dead City C.N.J.
    last rock club closed down - always had 2 pins

#33 7 years ago

Vancouver is awesome for pinball and all pretty much thanks to one guy.

#34 7 years ago

Terrible here.

No OP here knows/cares how to take care of a pinball machine anymore. Heck, most of them around here don't remember where or what machines they have on location.

#35 7 years ago

Still trying to find them all around here...

Not a lot of pinheads around my town but I am fortunate to have a decent group within 20 - 80 miles.

#36 7 years ago

As far as I'm concerned, I live in one of the best - 20min from SS Billiards!

#37 7 years ago

best pins in town are already at my place that i know of

#38 7 years ago

Certainly not my town. Can't complain though... Pinball Wizard has like 100 pins and is only an hour away. Pretty much there every other weekend.

#39 7 years ago

I have the most pinballs on location, 6 working in one spot. There are a few around town, but I think the OP's have forgot about them, or how to maintain them. They are in rough shape.

Mine aren't perfect, but they are very playable, and I try and keep them clean and working.

Had a guy come in today and ask if I'll fix his TZ for him. I offered to buy it, but he wants to keep it. Clock isn't working. Bummer. I'll help fix it, but really wanted to buy it...

#40 7 years ago

portland pinball map ..

need I say more ,,, I live 1.5 hrs away

here in seaside we have one of the best lineup anywhere cactus , Cftbl, MM , afm ,lotr, pb, ngg, potc,,ap,. and a bunch more

to bad none of them work ... half are turned off and the other are so haggard they wont get played

its a sad local sight that ive tried to intervein \\

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

How is your town?

My town, non-existent. My area (Northern New Jersey/New York Metro) excellent. City, shore and suburbs have plenty of options.

#42 7 years ago

Louisiana is not a destination place for pinball. Some locations have 1 machine, and it may or may not be in working condition (examples of locations: Chuck E. Cheese, or a bar, pizza place, or certain truckstops {T/A's}).

#43 7 years ago

I live in England, the only thing close to a good pinball town here is living near a guy who has a ton of machines. Out in the wild there's like, 1 machine every other city.

#44 7 years ago

The bay area is pretty cool. We have three local shows and around a dozen solid places to play. Recently a buddy of mine has started placing games at some more notable haunts so we have a couple MMs and a Cactus Canyon on location.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

The only problem is the PAPA headquarters are only open twice a year from what I am told.

#46 7 years ago

Terrible here.

No OP here knows/cares how to take care of a pinball machine anymore. Heck, most of them around here don't remember where or what machines they have on location.

Hey, I'm only a 2.5 hour drive man!

Trying to change it in my town. Pic of the new line up on location:

lineup_(1024x768).jpg

#47 7 years ago

When looking at my gamesroom, I believe this is a great pinball town

Yeah, you Colorado guys are very lucky. I remember early on searching the Mr. Pinball classifieds, and everything was Colorado, and for good prices.

Not to mention you are so close to South Park.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Well, here in Cincy there aren't too many pins in the wild so to speak, but we are very fortunate to have lots of pinheads here with widely varying collections, and we all get together at one or the others house and play...we have a really cool network around here, if we have an issue, or need something there are lots of folks to jump in and help...

+1

#49 7 years ago

Houston isn't bad if you know where to look. The best place in town is www.joystixgames.com. They have 100+ pins. Every first and last Friday of the month they have 'Packman Fever'. For $15, every game is on free play, and the bar is open (not free - just available). Iposted a thread about this several months ago: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-and-pinball-is-alive-and-well-in-houston-tx

photo15.JPG IMG_0039.JPG

#50 7 years ago

I just posted this on smokedogs MM topic, but it's relevant here too. Our local arcade sucks bigtime, but by some miracle they got a NIB Transformers a couple weeks ago. So I took my son down to try it and this is what happened. The coinslot wouldn't take tokens and the guy running it didn't even have the key haha...stupid

outoforder.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 41.00
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 49.95
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 79.00
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 20.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    $ 169.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 26.95
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside