12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 148 votes
      35%
    • One 75 votes
      18%
    • Two 58 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      5%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(422 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 12 months ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Honestly, what’s the difference between saying k-man vs. the full name ....

People seem to think if you type kaneda you will get moderated.

#157 11 months ago

Well I think what current future podcasters should really be taking from this is the whole "Keneda isn't great but he's not in anyone's pocket" apparently means a lot to people. I'd heard a bit in the SDTM but I didn't know realize how big it is.

#159 11 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Also, the Patreon thing is seriously cheesy. Don't dilute your message by begging for money...

The problem is people love handing over monies here...they're asking pod people to use Patreon
    ... So weird.

#188 11 months ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

When you get moderated you will know why!

The name Keneda has been typed like 10 times in this thread alone.

#191 11 months ago
    Quoted from chooch:

... his name in a thread so it happens.

Yeah I'm sure it happens off and on because people moderate diff'rently, but I think for the most part people just assume it csnt be said when clearly it can.

#198 11 months ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Curious as to what you mean when you say that because of listening to a couple minutes of a few podcasts it makes you question the hobby in which you are a part of?

I assume that 99% of content is not relatable to him; I'm in that boat too

#206 11 months ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

As someone that does cohost a podcast I find some of this information useful. Thanks!

Sure sure... Right off the bat let me just say I don't listen to any podcasts really as I'm aTV guy, although I guess i could watch the YouTube videos... My point is I'm not the target demo for this and I don't expect anyone to cater to my tastes.

So the content I have seen, and I'm not super knowledgeable aboot all of them, falls in a couple categories.
    1. Explaining things I already know. Lots of newer people in the hobby which is great but seeing the game play, or lack of it and just talking aboot, WWF/LW3 pin is possibly the least interesting thing I could think of. Junk games that I didn't like when they were first out and don't like them now. Or games I do like and don't need to watch people play.
    2. Current topics relevant to prem+ models. Pro buyer not really interested in things prem+ offers. Toppers, colors, somone telling me what I need to buy doesn't jive with me.
    3. Mods, see above. Already had my fill years ago and it interested. If your video had pinstadium or otherwise color puked I'm it interested.
    4. Idiots. I don't need recaps of Pinside, I'm kind of here enough, or listening to somone that knows absolutely nothing aboot pinball.
    5. I had surgery again today and I'm in a lot of pain and drugs, so go easy on me.

Sure I'm leaving out a bunch both sides. I'm sure people do a great job, I've even watched a video or 2, but just not in my wheelhouse. Rule and strategies is probably more the side I'm on, but I hear people talk about 2 hour shows and Jesus that sounds like torture.

#308 11 months ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

K is by far the best podcast i've heard on pinball. He's actually very smart and his points are completely valid.

I love the late pushes for Post of The Year

#375 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

If you guys don’t like his show, then stop listening.

Oh I don't, amazingly people keep bringing him up here on Pinside...it's almost like he planned it that way.

#394 11 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

This kaneda person.... Maybe it's bc I don't do Facebook (don't even have an account) but no joke.... .

Well it's because you weren't here when he was a member and it was just drama central and a total shit show. So the entire thing came out of getting the boot from pinside and that's why it's such a pinside-centric thing.

Quoted from singapore_pin:

lol. kaneda and you must be twin brothers.......why don't you read again some of your old posts

They are not twin brothers, because Ice has actually been playing, owning, and educated about pinball machines for years.

#402 11 months ago

I mean he doesn't need to do a bit, we're all familiar with JJPs quality issues

#432 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't get this obsession with people using "new york" as their go-to insult,...

I kind of do, but I feel like it has to be regional. I can't imagine anyone from West Virginia talking shit aboot any state other than the absolute bottom; mississippi maybe?

#434 11 months ago
    Quoted from woodworker:

I don't care that he's from New York or anything like that. I just don't like being called a dipshit or a moron by some guy who has never met me.

Quoted from PoMC:

Report it to the mods, it's against Pinside rules.

Wow 2019 started early

#449 11 months ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Why don’t you take up Chris’ invite to go on the show? I do think he’d be respectful.

Why? What's the point? What's the desired outcome?

#463 11 months ago

Well Predator is a horrible game.

#467 11 months ago

I just assumed he didnt really know that trade details and was just talking.

Then he amazingly came up with the idea that toppers would sell if they made them... Truly a visionary.

#479 11 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I really think JJ should do a Dialed In reskin at some point. I really enjoy the gameplay, but the theme doesn't resonate with me.

Well they can't all be your motordome or Hollywood heat.

#493 11 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Not all of us are rich, self appointed gods of pinside.

I wouldn't exactly say I'm "Rich."

1 week later
    #524 11 months ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I tried looking back at some of his old posts. Honestly, I couldn't find that much...if that was the hurdle to be crossed to be banned, there are a lot of other people that probably deserved the same ban.

I never found his posting that bad actually...but he just wouldn't stop talking when told.

#531 11 months ago

No I've found many many many issues with Whysnow's postings

#533 10 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

gets to the point and doesn't drag on like many of the others do plus,...

First time that's been uttered by fan or foe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    WOZ Out of stock
    Singer Pinball Designs
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 26.50
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 109.99
    $ 149.00
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 495.00
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 10.95
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 249.99
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 224.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside