Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago

Only the K-man's currently. I used to listen to others but he's basically the only podcast that isn't afraid to tell it like it is...everyone else has too many friends in the industry or is afraid of being cut off

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I don't get wasting so much of your life reading Pinside

Dude, Seriously? Like seriously? Guy who has made 17k+ posts talking about wasting so much time reading pinside? YOU'RE ON ALL DAY LONG EVERY DAY.

LMAO

Just had to give you crap for that one.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't agree more. I've got a couple friends who listen to him on a regular basis. Knowing what I know about him, I have no respect whatsoever and couldn't give two shits what his thoughts are. I also lose a bit of respect for anyone who goes on his podcast as a guest. I listened to one interview of a friend and it pretty much ended up with him looking for some dirt on anyone in the hobby, which I'm told is what so many of his podcasts are about.

Well, being completely honest here, there are 1000's of people on pinside. When the whole Heighway thing was going on, his podcast was about the only thing saying that you need to get out, the company is in trouble, while all such comments on pinside were shouted down or moderated. I think I specifically remember a post from Mr68 or something like that trying to help that was given a lot of wrath.

So say what you will about him, he was legitimately trying to help a bunch of people whereas pinside really wasn't. I'm not saying all of his podcasts are great or warranted, but in that particular situation he was one person trying to help. And there have been other instances like that.

#153 5 years ago

Mr68 posted public financial docs indicating Heighway was having financial issues here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/141#post-3301083

All the comments following are ripping him for the most part.

K posted a podcast around the same time talking about the financials of the company as well, it's even mentioned in the thread. So what part of the timeline do I have incorrect here? They reported issues, got blasted for it.

#229 5 years ago

My post was deleted as well. I don't understand either.

2 weeks later
    #514 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Kman is "hyper podcasting" late in the game here to ramp up TWIPY votes if he can.
    The problem is you can't do so many podcasts and make them all interesting.
    The CEO Dave episodes were F ing AWFUL and boring BUT the last one talking about "hype" gets my vote for one of the all time worst podcasts.
    It goes to show you what a HUGE gap there is on how he thinks about himself and how others view him.
    30 minutes of pinball "hype" buying advice from a guy that CAN'T BUY ANOTHER PINBALL MACHINE was kind of a joke. As if the self proclaimed "greatest marketer in the world" really had some kind of insight that anybody didn't already know and realize in this pinball hobby?
    Then he finishes it off by whining about Special When Lit editing his "contribution" to their year end podcast.
    Dude, the Team Mafia act isn't funny, neither is the non stop playing of the "laugh trax" of Marty and your former buddy. It's STUPID and NOT FUNNY.
    Thus, my vote for Worst podcast of the year!
    It did at least end before my bike workout did thankfully.

I actually thought the hype one was decent, as someone who doesn't go after the all the latest games before playing them. I've been waiting for years for people to stop buying on hype. People didn't buy new games on hype until Tron, now a large portion of the people in the hobby do, which has also led to things like poor code for quite a while. It's basically priced me out of the hobby for the past 6 years, my last NIB was AC/DC premium.

So you as a buyer who typically is on the hype train, I can see why you wouldn't find that episode entertaining, but for people not on it, I thought it was decent.

#521 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The “hype train” is part of the FUN Taylor! Without it, Pinside would be like watching paint dry
    And I don’t want to die of old age waiting for prices to come down
    I honestly am a big believer in waiting EXCEPT for great themes that I love. And Stern has been pumping out some favorites for me lately so I don’t wait on those
    Let’s see, TWD, GB, BM66, AS and Beatles. Love em. Sold IMDN.

RGP was totally fine without the hype train. I was on it for 6 years before the Tron/Pinside explosion.

If you bought 5 games without waiting, you're not really a believer in waiting, lol. Unless you bought them like a year or two after release when they were more finished.

The same thing happens in video games, people get hyped up to preorder them as well at collectors edition prices before the reviews even come out. Even waiting 2 days there will get you a review and save you money like 1/2 the time. Hype only benefits the seller.

#522 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Kman is very thin skinned for a guy that likes to troll and beat up on everybody.
    Like you said Fytr, that laugh track he does mocking Marty and Ryan is terrible and not funny and he wonders why people avoid him
    I do view it as “fun and games” but he doesn’t understand where the line is on good natured ball busting
    The podcast is good for him. He can be the legend in his own mind! “I’m the greatest marketer and podcaster in the world”
    If you were around long enough on Pinside, just think about those threads and what he did and how he acted. An Over the line non stop drama filled dumpster fire.
    His podcast is no different than his posting, just now there is no one to beat him down. Just like he likes it
    And “at the end of the day” he’s just a harmless dude that craves attention. Definitely an interesting character

I tried looking back at some of his old posts. Honestly, I couldn't find that much...if that was the hurdle to be crossed to be banned, there are a lot of other people that probably deserved the same ban. I think the KLOV thing followed him over and made it impossible for him to exist. I think the post that got him banned was the hobbit ramp thing where he was just reporting a location problem? I do remember some of his posts to be rather pointless though, no more than anyone else's like ODin.

As far as the podcasts go, I do know that he has gone out of his way to give props to other podcasts on occasion. When I listen to those other podcasts though, that same gesture is not returned, in fact I've listened to some pretty childish behavior from some of the others (not saying there hasn't been childish behavior on Kaneda's, there has, but the others are not innocent). In fact the whole Ryan and Marty thing, I think that they originally started the thing making fun of him during a pretty long segment on their podcast where they took his sayings and made fun of him (they were friends at the time, all in good fun I think). So he just took their laugh track and now that relationship is evidently gone. I think the Slam Tilt podcast was one way back when he gave them props and I actually started listening to them because of him...then on a later episode they go out of their way to crap on him, and I haven't listened to them again.

I honestly don't remember him saying anything that bad about any pinsiders except Whysnow and Aurich. And now it's just Whysnow. He generally says good things about you, Levi, etc. I think he did give you a ribbing over your Beatles sales thread though, lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.