Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdtminstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago

I respect everyone's opinion on these. They certainly aren't for everyone.

I, for one, listen to everyone I can and have for sometime. I think it depends on ones insatiable need to be completely enveloped in pinball and maybe even depends on your level of obsession for the hobby. Yes, some run a little long for sure. Every time I would be frustrated with a rambling episode that goes onto long though, I would run across a gem like the Chris Granner interview by Head2Head, which I consider to be one of the most enjoyable pieces on pinball I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

As someone who enjoys them, and appreciate the effort and passion required to make them, kidchrisso and I finally decided to start one. We plan to stay at the 30-45 min mark with a weekly show. We are a nobody at this point but we have enthusiasm in spades and hope that we can make a commute less boring for someone at some point some where.

We have no alternative or nefarious motive to this. Neither Chris nor myself are looking for popularity, money, swag or even praise. We just love the hobby, so much so in fact that we would like to expand our circle of interaction, make some new friends, and have a lot of fun doing it.

It takes time and the pay is pretty pour but we really enjoyed doing the single intro we have (currently awaiting Apple and Google approval for the RSS feed). If someone enjoys it, perfect. If it is annoying, and comes across as self serving in some way, it is certainly not our intention, but I certainly respect any ones desire and right to avoid us, and any of the others.

Jason

#265 5 years ago

Tip of the cap to the moderating team and everyone who came together to allow this discussion to continue.

Sometimes, when you intentionally avoid something, or make it prohibitive, it adds to its mystique and allure for people to dig on and just sends people towards it. I think allowing discussion is the right move. Standing firm on his exclusion from the site is the right of anyone here that runs it, owns it, or enjoys it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdtminstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.