1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 148 votes
      35%
    • One 75 votes
      18%
    • Two 58 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      5%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(422 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 1 year ago

My favorite podcast used to be Pinheadz, with their top notch production values. Definite podcast of the year. Then they stopped.

I only listen to one now, and that's K's podcast. It's 90 minutes or less(the optimal length), NO boring tournament talk, and 100% controversial. No filter on what he says. Yes, he's the Howard Stern of pinball podcasts, and wouldn't have it any other way. He also has great guests on.

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Kaneda to his credit will at least speak out and hold his viewpoint regardless on political hot potato issues.
    H2H won't touch any subject that will negatively affect their local online forum standing - e.g. the rise and inevitable fall of Homepin. Covered the first part in spades then went radio silent on the second because he was at the time active as a commercial sponsor on at least one local forum.

Therein lies the problem sometimes with other podcasts, and video game magazines. If EA is buying advertising in your magazine, you wouldn't want to give a bad review of an EA game in the same issue. EA pulls out. Having no sponsor/ad deal, and being kicked off of pinside(thus no account to lose) gives full freedom to say what you want.

#165 1 year ago

You could make a drinking game from Slam Tilt podcast: Every time you hear "Oh my!"(with Taikei voice), take a drink.

#167 1 year ago

I forgot what podcast it was(it was not Mrs. Pin), but it was hosted by a couple. They did 1 or 2 brief episodes that were nararrated like "Welcome to Night Vale", documenting something. It made zero sense, and went off any sort of pinball-related topic. A quick dismissal from my RSS feeds.

I did listen to the Topcast episodes many years ago, before I got into pinball. It was fascinating to hear podcasts in their earliest,crudest pre-patreon form. You could even hear caller ID data piped through. There were homemade commercials. There was even a Laurel & Hardy resemblence with one guy being the "straight man" in the act.. Definite pioneers of podcasting(in general, not just pinball)

#279 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Their "What have you been up to?" opening segment became WAY too long to hold my interest. I stopped listening to this podcast after Jeff and Jessica typically spent the first 45 min of each show recapping unimportant stuff such as every game they had played, where, and with whom. They also seemed to lose their energy for doing the show at some point. Too bad as I had been a long-time listener, but it made my podcast list downsizing easier.

I'm in full agreement. It seems like the Pinball Podcast lost steam ages ago, and the hosts sounded bored. That in turn makes the listeners bored. It's okay to end a podcast if the hosts don't have the energy or the time. It's not like there's a shortage of other casts to listen to.

#309 12 months ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I like Kaneda’s Master. Hope he doesn’t ditch him for good. I appreciate a good Kaneda rant, that’s when he’s at his most entertaining. It’s when he doesn’t have his facts straight and when he’s totally talking out of his ass that he starts to grate. When he’s not contradicting himself or being hypocritical,

I also like the Master segments. There's the spooky music & slow voice, like someone that's lecturing Darth Vader from above. The one Master segment I remembered was talking about going to Midwest Gaming Classic and playing TurboGrafx 16 games. Can't argue with that.

I think the "I snooped in on the factory at Stern and here's what I heard" movie clip segments, since they are genuinely funny. He takes some really wackjob movie lines & puts them in a totally different context.

1 month later
    #549 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

thought it was funny when new Gary came around and nobody seemed to remember we'd seen it all before. Not sure if Gary's RGP Radio podcasts still exist anywhere but if you can dig 'em people here would absolutely love 'em.

I tried to find them out of sheer curiousity, but never was able to. They seem to have been lost forever.

TOPCast was interesting. It was a pioneering podcast, even before podcasting in general caught on. It was funny to hear the caller ID data audio piped in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 79.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 269.99
    $ 7.00
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside