Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprincess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

I listen to too many podcasts in general, so I have periods where I listen to nearly every pinball podcast I can find. I actually just cut back so that the remaining episodes of Slam Tilt don't get buried in the huge backlog I managed to amass...as long as you listen regularly (and on 1.5x speed...) keeping up can be somewhat manageable, but I hadn't been doing that, so I had several episodes from August in December and my phone storage was a bit cramped.

At this point, there are pincasts for most niches within the hobby, and several podcasts are interview-focused and/or region focused. When I'm not on a severe podcast diet like I am now, I listen to podcasts from any region and from any niche, since talking about pinball, in general, is something I find entertaining and interesting. Even podcasts that I'm not 100% thrilled with can be entertaining to listen to with some segment or other or with a particular interview, and it is fun seeing how the hobby manifests in different areas and seeing it from different perspectives.

As for my personal podcast preferences beyond "support ALL the pincasts," the one I most regularly listen to is Slam Tilt; beyond that, I guess it's Head 2 Head, Mrs. Pin, Pinball Players, and Pinball Profile, though I have no idea how my listening habits will be affected once Slam Tilt's distinctive yellow icon stops showing up in my feed. My plan is to reintroduce all of the feeds I've temporarily backed off from, but we'll see. Slam Tilt would be the podcast I looked forward to most in my overabundance of episodes. It may be less tolerable to maintain a heavy listening habit without that carrot popping up regularly in my feed, and I have no idea what will replace it as my Favorite Regular Podcast.

Pinball podcasts are good, though. There's a few lists of podcasts floating around Pinside and elsewhere and those are a good starting point for finding the ones that jive with your tastes. Different lengths, different focuses, and, overall, it's pretty much all good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprincess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=pinballprincess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.