Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 5 years ago

I like Kaneda’s podcast quite a bit. I also enjoy SDTM, except when Zach does his Mr. Mackey psychologist voice from South Park.

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

Kaneda's Master is a wise man and speaks many truths. Enjoyable in small doses.

That's when I accelerate the podcast to 2X speed.

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Exactly... it's the 'train wreck effect' combined with people seeing it as entertainment.
    The problem is people can't differentiate between entertainment and actual 'information' or credibility.
    People are drawn to the 'shock factor' more than they are the idea of getting smarter about something.
    so the guy who creates drama, is shocking, 'does the things others dont have the courage to do...', and is intentionally and obsessively provocative.. will garner attention and ears/eyes. Then people often fall into the trap of actually thinking everything these people say has equal credibility. They mix in something believable to get people on the hook, then mix in stuff that is completely opinion (informed or not) and conveniently blurr between fact and fiction. Those on the hook usually don't care to try to differentiate... and the spell is complete.
    Then they just tune in again for their next dose of gratification and entertainment.
    Mix in some positions that speak to hooking the audience as 'we are the same...' or 'we think the same things...' - and you build an association between the listener and the shockjock that is easily exploited to make people not just listen, but actually start to promote the POV you fed them.
    None of this is new - it just takes certain skills to exploit properly. It's a formula as old as time.
    The sad thing is when people listen to these POVs and take them as if they are somehow actually informed or educated opinions.

Who are you talking about? Howard Stern?

#340 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Kman is so full of shit. You know it, he knows it and that is why people listen. It’s also why no one will ever take him seriously. Not that he cares.
    He spends more time reading Pinside and preparing for his next “show” than anyone here including Odiner and his 44k posts
    He does a really good job of repeating what he reads on Pinside. Seriously, he does an excellent job
    He is a “hyper Pinside reader” and overall fanatic.
    He would love to buy “Predator” just to stick it to Hilton he says.
    Well he already did that with MG and got F Ed. I wouldn’t make that same mistake again K.
    When you only have room for one pinball machine I’d keep the BM66
    So keep trolling, I'll expand my podcast reviews.

I disagree with you on that. What specifically is he full of shit about... I mean objectively? Can you give examples? It seems popular on Pinside to rip on Kaneda’s podcast, but the resentment seems to be based on emotion rather than a sound refute of what he’s saying.

Most of what he shares is based on sound logic and reasoning. I rather enjoy his podcasts and how he looks at the industry through a marketing industry lens.

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

“Sound logic and reasoning”
    That’s a joke
    He talks out of both sides of his mouth depending on what the “hyper posters” on Pinside are saying
    He’s got diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain
    He hammered Yeti and Primud because Yeti won’t be his friend now.
    Keep trolling me. I’ll provide my own in depth podcast review

I'm not trying to troll you, genuinely I really enjoy his analysis of the pinball industry from a marketers perspective. I don't agree with his comments on many Pinside users, a lot of that commentary is unnecessary and subjective.

@iceman44 I think you and I were both in on an Alien and had some good conversation on that thread... There's no ill will intended from me, so apologies if that's the impression I gave.

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

OK defenders of K, explain the value of that episode.

A bit long, but the point is that Jersey Jack needs to put some of the team through Six Sigma black belt training.

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ok just finished my workout on my bike listening to the Kman. So let's drop a couple of thoughts and comments.
    1) . Just like anyone self absorbed they don't listen to what anyone else says. I wasn't blaming you Chris for taking down Heighway. We ALL knew what was going on. There were tons of NEGATIVE threads regarding Andrew for years. Andrew admitted it himself to me verbally in the conversation i had with him as he was looking for a lawyer in New York to sue you. . I told him it was a waste of $$$ that he didn't have. It was touch and go for a long time and its a shame they didn't make it despite a second effort by his successors.
    2). The podcast is a summary of the dozens of NEGATIVE threads here on Pinside. It's nothing new, just a verbal flow of what is said here ad nauseum, in kind of a funny and stupid way? The other podcasts don't want to talk about the NEGATIVE because they want industry guys to come on their show.
    3). JJP. Since 2011 there have been more NEGATIVE threads re Woz, Hobbit, DI and JJP than any other manufacturer, and deservedly so. K man does a good job of summarizing what is said here on a daily basis with Jack and crew. He's totally right on with the JJP analysis.
    4). Insert F bombs all over the place. +1 for me
    5). "I am the greatest marketing person in the world, if you don't believe me then google......"
    6). "I am never going to quit this podcast because i don't want to leave you guys without the best podcast in the world and all those other ones......but but they are are great and i love all of them".....
    7). Gotta say, I feel he takes his cue from the T man, a fellow New Yorker! So full of shit its coming oozing out of his ears!
    Bottom line, people like to hear somebody RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE. That's his niche. Which is a good thing because again, its just a summary of all the NEGATIVE stuff on Pinside in a verbal diarrhea form.
    He's insecure and cares what people say about him yet is oblivious to what he dishes out. I think i need to go on and straighten his ass out, "man to man".
    Unfiltered, unedited and answering all of my questions. I'll be getting my MBrLE and MunstersLE soon, hopefully. We can do a little review of those games in between some heated discussion.

Iceman why don’t you take up Chris’ invite to go on the show? You both seem like intelligent people, and I do think he’d be respectful. Hell, I’m New York based and would be happy to join the conversation as neutral mediator.

#459 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

Entertainment. Because neither of them are curing cancer or eradicating homelessness, I would take the time to listen to those two talk pinball. That's it! I could read the 9 paragraph post on his thoughts each time Kaneda puts out a show but to be honest I dont, but I would listen to two people interact about it. Like the rest of our society, why read the book when you can watch the movie?

Exactly. Totally agree.

1 month later
    #568 5 years ago
    Quoted from rgb635:

Simply put Kaneda throws rocks and hides his hands. He sh!ts on manufactures on one episode & then invites them on the next one. When they don't accept his invitation he then spins the incident as if they are refusing to address some exaggerated issue as if he's the spokesperson for pinball. If I were a manufacture I wouldn't entertain his rhetoric either because he's a narcissist with nothing to lose but listeners vs customers! And what was with the podcast ceasefire episode!?!? He put H2H logo up as click bait when most podcasters wont even mention his name. Even when "Special when lit" was nice enough to include him in their year-end episode he turned around and cried victim because they edited his segment at the request of H2H. This bothered him so bad that he then played the unedited version on his show like it was a CNN world premier. DUDE GET OVER YOURSELF. And please explain to me how he's a high end collector with one (1) freakin' pin...WTF.

I’m a big fan of Kaneda, his podcast is quite entertaining.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.