Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 5 years ago

I only listen when a new pin comes out so they can tell me whether or not to buy it!

Say what you are going to say in less than hour. At least the hypocrite narcissistic Kman gets that part

Honestly I don’t get why they do it? I mean it’s great to hear from some interviewees but the rest is crap for the most part

Edit: These guys are trying to earn big $$ via Patreon

A lot of wasted time but hey some people love to hear themselves talk

#58 5 years ago

I like the Zach unboxings. Funny is good!

This is a hobby. Should be fun and light

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Chris is already out. He has nothing to lose so says whatever he wants. Refreshing.

I wonder why though? Dude just got married. I don't get wasting so much of your life reading Pinside and doing podcasts. I'm not sure he even really likes playing pinball, more just talking about it because he's banned here.

Maybe its because he's gotten rejected on so many different forums? Narcissistic for sure. But its just pinball and such a small group of people in this hobby.

Sometimes he's "refreshing" and other times completely idiotic. Just like his history here on Pinside! An interesting character for sure and why i do like him.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Dude, Seriously? Like seriously? Guy who has made 17k+ posts talking about wasting so much time reading pinside? YOU'RE ON ALL DAY LONG EVERY DAY.
    LMAO
    Just had to give you crap for that one.

Lol, I thought about that as i was posting what i wrote. Yes i've wasted a lot of time and money on pinball. I love it though, not just talking about it

To be clear though, I'm NOT on all day, I actually have a job and work a lot. Dump breaks during the day? Sure

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Some people don't want to listen to negativity. Some people don't want to hear the prediction of the downfall of pinball ALL the time.
    This company is going to collapse
    This company is going to collapse
    This company is going to collapse.
    *company collapses*
    See! I told you it would collapse! This is the ONLY podcast that will tell you the truth!
    Oktoberfest is the worst theme ever
    *no one from AP comes on his show*
    I don't get why people don't want to come on my show! I'm respectful to all my guests!
    Batman 66 SLE is a rip off and everyone who buys one is an idiot.
    *buys Batman66 SLE*
    It's the best game ever. It will hold price. But diamond edition Beatles is a rip off.
    It's easy to be right when you take both sides and condridict yourself almost all the time.
    Pinside can be an echo chamber sometimes especially when it pertains to negativity.
    If only there was a way to prove that there are more people out there that enjoy things that aren't always concentrated on the negative.
    Ohh wait there is.
    Here is your episode on someone else's podcast.
    And here is your episode 53 on our podcast.
    The biggest thing I've noticed this year in Pinball is that everyone enjoys it differently. A title expensive games, cheap C titles. Restoring. Selling. Collection. P
    Playing tournaments, running tournaments. Creating pinballs, streaming.
    Let people enjoy the hobby they want to enjoy it.
    If you spend time shitting on people for enjoying the same hobby differently than you then maybe you should take a step back. If someone wants to buy a supreme pinball machine then it shouldn't have any effect on your happiness in the hobby.
    My tips for enjoying podcasts.
    Don't listen to them and do nothing else! Listen to them when you have time like driving, fixing pins etc.
    Don't listen on iTunes. Download a podcast app that's allows custom. Accelerated listening. Some people just sound better at 1.2 or 1.8x speed. Depending on how slow they talk and how fast your brain works. [quoted image][quoted image]

I think even Chris would admit the over the top hypocrisy that he spins non stop. Excellent post btw.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

17,600 posts
    7 years=2,555 days
    17,600 divided by 2,555 = 6.88 dumps per day

Actually close. 2 a day at least!

In my defense, many of those posts were before, during and after the Jpop fiasco! And of course the old days, when it was the wild west around here

I've done my share of drunk posting as well (not while in the toilet btw).

I like turning on a podcast when i'm hitting the bike, which is more frequent lately and a good thing.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

K-man podcast drinking game idea! Take a shot every time:
    "But here's the thing..."
    Reminds you what car he drives
    Uses "literally" incorrectly
    Praises Stern
    "World under glass"
    That last one might be coma-inducing

And when he calls Crazy Levi “Leveee”

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

If it takes a year to get guys like Lyman Sheats, Gomez, Roger Sharpe on I'll let him talk for as long as they want and ask him as many questions as I can.
    These guys are super busy. It's not like we are going to get access to them every single time we want.
    If you want I could split each episode up into 45 minute chucks and upload 1 every 3 days... But isn't that the same thing?
    If something is $100... And you pay for it in 5 easy instalments of $20 are you really saving anything? Just save up for the entrie thing aka use the pause button.

My feedback for you guys would be to split it up into 45 min to 1 hr chunks

It really does make a difference imo

People just tune out if it’s any longer. Last podcast you guys did I went to about the 30 minute mark and started listening during my workout and then 45 min later I’m done

When I do my seminar presentations it’s REALLY hard to keep it at an hour but after hundreds of them I finally started listening to the audience and other professionals and make sure I didn’t go over that 1 hr now

Went from 2 hours down to 1. Much better AND it makes you more focused and concise versus rambling on to hear yourself talk

But hey, it’s your gig, do what makes you happy. Just a suggestion

#142 5 years ago

Well Kman got to this issue quick!

45 minutes, glad you took my advice

Now, what's the point of all you guys getting all butt hurt about some petty personal comments? You can criticize and troll US and then can't take a little ball busting? Wtf

Used to be we would all go at it, passionate heated fun and then hug it out the next day.

Everybody needs to lighten the F up.

All of you narcissistic pricks have great shows, they are all different. There is no right or wrong, just like in pinball machines.

Life is great, pinball is great! Carry on.

#196 5 years ago

I’m thinking about doing a “drunken bi polar” podcast

IF Odiner would co host it with me

Special appearance by Crazy Levee

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean....it's literally the words coming out of his mouth. If you listen, you hear the words....right? I mean...do you turn it on and not listen? I'm confused at this attempt at a potshot.

Bottom line, you love Kaneda podcasts! No need to twist the words around.

Nothing wrong with it. Right? I'd say its right down your alley.

1 week later
    #339 5 years ago

Kman is so full of shit. You know it, he knows it and that is why people listen. It’s also why no one will ever take him seriously. Not that he cares.

He spends more time reading Pinside and preparing for his next “show” than anyone here including Odiner and his 44k posts

He does a really good job of repeating what he reads on Pinside. Seriously, he does an excellent job

He is a “hyper Pinside reader” and overall fanatic.

He would love to buy “Predator” just to stick it to Hilton he says.

Well he already did that with MG and got F Ed. I wouldn’t make that same mistake again K.

When you only have room for one pinball machine I’d keep the BM66

So keep trolling, I'll expand my podcast reviews.

#346 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I disagree with you on that. What specifically is he full of shit about... I mean objectively? Can you give examples? It seems popular on Pinside to rip on Kaneda’s podcast, but the resentment seems to be based on emotion rather than a sound refute of what he’s saying.
    Most of what he shares is based on sound logic and reasoning. I rather enjoy his podcasts and how he looks at the industry through a marketing industry lens.

“Sound logic and reasoning”

That’s a joke

He talks out of both sides of his mouth depending on what the “hyper posters” on Pinside are saying

He’s got diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain

He hammered Yeti and Primud because Yeti won’t be his friend now.

If you have been on Pinside long enough to remember what he did, how he acted and why he got banned then you understand what “utter garbage” means

Keep trolling me. I’ll provide my own in depth podcast review

#349 5 years ago

His whole gig is to crap on people. You try and reach out and be nice to the guy but he can’t help himself

It’s why no one of any consequence in the industry will even talk to him

I clicked on your podcast 10 times Kman. Merry Xmas!

#350 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm not trying to troll you, genuinely I really enjoy his analysis of the pinball industry from a marketers perspective. I don't agree with his comments on many Pinside users, a lot of that commentary is unnecessary and subjective.
    @iceman44 I think you and I were both in on an Alien and had some good conversation on that thread... There's no ill will intended from me, so apologies if that's the impression I gave.

Not at all Jones. We r good! I’m talking about him trolling me on his podcast and talking out of his ass like he knows ME, or anybody else for that matter.

He preaches about get a life, do this do that etc. outside of pinball

Look in the mirror Kman, it’s pathetic

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Umm, y'know guys, the best way to make this idiot K go away is to not talk about him.

LOL, he ain't going away.

He loves to hear himself talk too much.

He will end up just talking to himself "at the end of the day" after he's shit all over everybody and there's nobody left.

That's the only thing he has. Just like his history here and why he's gone.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

If you guys don’t like his show, then stop listening. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I find the show, at the very least, entertaining.

Oh no, its full on review time now. I'm listening and reviewing the BS.

The narcissist loves anybody talking about him, good or bad.

#379 5 years ago

Quoted from Jerryuop:

Dude, you have almost 18,000 posts on pinside......
    I’m just tired of all of the bashing of the show in this thread. If I was bashing h2h or any of the other podcasts, I would expect people to call me out on it, but since it’s Kaneda, it feels like “Go ahead, rip him a new one”.
    I do understand why you do it, Ice, since he has personally called you out on the show. I feel you have the right to respond.

Yep it's on now. It's not just the show. It's the history. And you haven't been around to experience it.

I tried to be nice to the guy, like many others but he is just who he is.

I guess its just little man's complex or something

You can whistle Dixie out of your ass and anybody would listen.

#385 5 years ago

There was the time that he called me to shove it up my ass that he proudly procured a MG before I ever got my "Alien". He was so proud that he had his little part of Pinside history! And it turned out to be a F ing joke.

He said, "man you better get one before it goes to $50,000". LOL

Now i have a phenomenal Alien pin. It's a shame for EVERYBODY that Andrew didn't make it. This guy reveled in the destruction of Heighway. Everybody knew what was going on. This dipshit acted like he had some kind of "exclusive" knowledge. He didn't save anybody from anything. What a joke.

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

That’s exactly what I came here for as well; to get some new suggestions for podcasts I should listen to. Every time Kaneda’s name comes up, people freak out....

Listen to the "show" Jerry. You will get it eventually. Who he is.

Like Seinfeld Jerry, its a show about nothing.

And he doesn't give a shit about pinball other than making a few bucks flipping an LE pin or pumping up some chump change Patreon account. Hilarious!

I think you might be able to sell a 30 second commercial with his "listeners" for $20 according to the internet marketing numbers. Maybe he can get Pinstadium to give him a sponsorship or the local coffee shop to give him a cup of coffee.

#391 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Too cool. Was it good ? Bad ?
    He asked me awhile back to be on one, but I didn't have the skype/webacm/computer microphone stuff needed so it never happened.
    LTG : )

You are already a legend Lloyd. You don't need Dman to acknowledge it.

#404 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

As much as I couldn't stand the guy when he was on Pinside, I have to admit that I do enjoy his podcast.
    One thing I don't get though, is his obsession with you. It's difficult to recall one of his shows where he didn't mention you.
    Were you guys ever friendly? He mentioned on one of his past episodes that you were.

I like to be friends with most everybody (I almost said everybody then old Cornelius came to mind). I just texted him congrats before he got married and wished him well! The fact that somebody married him is something redeeming for him i guess.

Sometimes he gets carried away beating up on people like Hilton, Levi, myself and others after he says he's gonna stop doing it. That's who he is.

So he deserves a beat down of his own like he dishes out. If he can't take it then he should keep his mouth shut.

I view it as a squabble amongst "old friends".

#440 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He started today's podcast with a whopper, saying that if you look over his post history on Pinside, you'll find zero reasons why he was banned.

LOL. Total lack of self awareness.

Just "fuggedaboutit"!

#447 5 years ago

Ok just finished my workout on my bike listening to the Kman. So let's drop a couple of thoughts and comments.

1) . Just like anyone self absorbed they don't listen to what anyone else says. I wasn't blaming you Chris for taking down Heighway. We ALL knew what was going on. There were tons of NEGATIVE threads regarding Andrew for years. Andrew admitted it himself to me verbally in the conversation i had with him as he was looking for a lawyer in New York to sue you. . I told him it was a waste of $$$ that he didn't have. It was touch and go for a long time and its a shame they didn't make it despite a second effort by his successors.

2). The podcast is a summary of the dozens of NEGATIVE threads here on Pinside. It's nothing new, just a verbal flow of what is said here ad nauseum, in kind of a funny and stupid way? The other podcasts don't want to talk about the NEGATIVE because they want industry guys to come on their show.

3). JJP. Since 2011 there have been more NEGATIVE threads re Woz, Hobbit, DI and JJP than any other manufacturer, and deservedly so. K man does a good job of summarizing what is said here on a daily basis with Jack and crew. He's totally right on with the JJP analysis.

4). Insert F bombs all over the place. +1 for me

5). "I am the greatest marketing person in the world, if you don't believe me then google......"

6). "I am never going to quit this podcast because i don't want to leave you guys without the best podcast in the world and all those other ones......but but they are are great and i love all of them".....

7). Gotta say, I feel he takes his cue from the T man, a fellow New Yorker! So full of shit its coming oozing out of his ears!

Bottom line, people like to hear somebody RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE. That's his niche. Which is a good thing because again, its just a summary of all the NEGATIVE stuff on Pinside in a verbal diarrhea form.

He's insecure and cares what people say about him yet is oblivious to what he dishes out. I think i need to go on and straighten his ass out, "man to man".

Unfiltered, unedited and answering all of my questions. I'll be getting my MBrLE and MunstersLE soon, hopefully. We can do a little review of those games in between some heated discussion.

#451 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why? What's the point? What's the desired outcome?

True that Law. If it was “respectful” Jonesy it wouldn’t be any fun and certainly not worth listening to

It would have to be an unedited and unfiltered cage match and I’m not sure I’d want something like that floating around the internet. The T man doesn’t seem to care though

It would be funny but what’s the point right?

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

love ya Ice don't go changing on me!

I workout now to drink more beer Billy!

#461 5 years ago

Honestly, to spend the time all of them do on these podcasts, including Chris, is pretty impressive in and of itself

I like the F bombs and critical analysis for Chris

Good variety of podcasters. Everybody kind of has their lanes

1 week later
    #507 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You also run out of people to interview pretty fast if you do a lot of podcasts.
    LTG : )

Kman is "hyper podcasting" late in the game here to ramp up TWIPY votes if he can.

The problem is you can't do so many podcasts and make them all interesting.

The CEO Dave episodes were F ing AWFUL and boring BUT the last one talking about "hype" gets my vote for one of the all time worst podcasts.

It goes to show you what a HUGE gap there is on how he thinks about himself and how others view him.

30 minutes of pinball "hype" buying advice from a guy that CAN'T BUY ANOTHER PINBALL MACHINE was kind of a joke. As if the self proclaimed "greatest marketer in the world" really had some kind of insight that anybody didn't already know and realize in this pinball hobby?

Then he finishes it off by whining about Special When Lit editing his "contribution" to their year end podcast.

Dude, the Team Mafia act isn't funny, neither is the non stop playing of the "laugh trax" of Marty and your former buddy. It's STUPID and NOT FUNNY.

Thus, my vote for Worst podcast of the year!

It did at least end before my bike workout did thankfully.

#511 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well Doug, I liked this last one a helluva lot more than the CEO Dave one. The hype jive is real brother, just wait till Munsters is revealed.

The "hype" story is real as we both know! Everybody does. It's not a surprise to anyone.

You can always wait and get any pin cheaper later on down the road. That's the smart thing to do in every case Kvan.

BUT, people just like to buy what they want and play it from day one.

The LE wheels are about to fall off anyhow.

500-600 of anything at those prices is not "scarce". Been saying it for years.

$5500-$6500 is the sweet spot for most newer pins on the secondary market. People are gonna get tired of paying $9k for a pin they can't sell after the fact.

And yes he's 100% right about JJP re their clueless CE/LE/SE strategy. Stupid.

#512 5 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

k-mans podcasts are still the best like it or not!!
    Back to Back TWIPY on its way...

That's saying very little. That and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee.

#518 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I actually thought the hype one was decent, as someone who doesn't go after the all the latest games before playing them. I've been waiting for years for people to stop buying on hype. People didn't buy new games on hype until Tron, now a large portion of the people in the hobby do, which has also led to things like poor code for quite a while. It's basically priced me out of the hobby for the past 6 years, my last NIB was AC/DC premium.
    So you as a buyer who typically is on the hype train, I can see why you wouldn't find that episode entertaining, but for people not on it, I thought it was decent.

The “hype train” is part of the FUN Taylor! Without it, Pinside would be like watching paint dry

And I don’t want to die of old age waiting for prices to come down

I honestly am a big believer in waiting EXCEPT for great themes that I love. And Stern has been pumping out some favorites for me lately so I don’t wait on those

Let’s see, TWD, GB, BM66, AS and Beatles. Love em. Sold IMDN.

#519 5 years ago

Kman is very thin skinned for a guy that likes to troll and beat up on everybody.

Like you said Fytr, that laugh track he does mocking Marty and Ryan is terrible and not funny and he wonders why people avoid him

I do view it as “fun and games” but he doesn’t understand where the line is on good natured ball busting

The podcast is good for him. He can be the legend in his own mind! “I’m the greatest marketer and podcaster in the world”

If you were around long enough on Pinside, just think about those threads and what he did and how he acted. An Over the line non stop drama filled dumpster fire.

His podcast is no different than his posting, just now there is no one to beat him down. Just like he likes it

And “at the end of the day” he’s just a harmless dude that craves attention. Definitely an interesting character

1 week later
    #534 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I never found his posting that bad actually...but he just wouldn't stop talking when told.

As you know Law, the forum has dramatically "evolved" over our time here.

When Pinside went from wild to mild he didn't adjust or conform

I don't care what anyone thinks, when you commit to 300 podcasts and counting, that is an impressive feat in and of itself.

To get up at 6 am and crank out a podcast rant is WAY beyond anything I'd ever think to consider!

There is a lot to love and hate about Kman. That's the beauty of busting his balls and vice versa!

I look forward to a visit with him soon

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.