Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 5 years ago

I used to wonder "who in god's name is listening to Chris' ridiculous and awful podcast?"

Well, turns out the answer is "everybody here."

You people are easily entertained!

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Levi has stated that the correct pronunciation of his name is Lev - ee (rhymes with heavy).

Miss American Pie works too!

#160 5 years ago

He's been begging me to do his show for years, using his charming, relentless, and admittedly effective flattery/neg routine. But I refuse to debase myself!

I'm gonna start up a Patreon. I'll go on his show for 1000 bucks. I'll debase myself for 1000 bucks.

I will be donating the entirety of it to my favorite charity: me.

Let's make this happen people!

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

In college, we used the play "The Scarface Game". We'd put on Scarface, and every time they dropped the f-bomb, we'd take swig of beer. When you hit you're favorite scene, you'd need to shotgun one. An hour in you were absolutely HAMMERED.
    I think we'd be drunker with the K-Man game, though.

I really preferred this movie on TV, as it was absolutely hilarious.

"This town like a great big chicken, jus waitin' to get plucked!"

#181 5 years ago

I kinda laugh whenever I see the "grown men" card played around here. Even if I've probably played it.

I mean...everyone here collects and plays pinball games, and many spend a significant amount of their time comparing and buying plastic dolls. I don't think we should have any expectations that anybody here has embraced being a grown man.

#184 5 years ago

"EVEN IF I'VE PROBABLY PLAYED IT."

Nice work detective. How's that job with 60 Minutes coming along?

#210 5 years ago

Is Odin about to ban himself for the 15th Time?!

Don’t do it man! You have too much wisdom to spread here!

1 week later
    #357 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I actually thought it was really good. I really enjoyed hearing the perspective Of the guest (Dave). It was interesting to here the opinion of a business owner do a SWOT analaysis on Stern. I like KPP (except the few times when I do not), but I thought that Dave and Chris had a good business discussion. Probably less interesting from a pinball player’s perspective, but I thought it was great hearing a CEO comment from a business perspective.

So he's just interviewing random Daves now?

Man the barrel-scraping for guests is getting sad.

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Toss on top of this, him getting wasted at Levi's pinball competition, throwing a drink on A stern employee, smacking his lady around, and then having to be removed from the venue.

That's total bullshit!

It was NOT "my" competition I was part of a dedicated team which put on the greatest tournament ever.

The rest is true more or less.

#403 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

What was so bad he removed? I was interested to hear his thoughts on jjp pirates. If it was that one upload it if you can. Want to hear what this guy is about.

Here's what the guy is about:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

#406 5 years ago

Honestly, I'm so sick of this asshole.

I've never done ANYTHING to that prick except try to get along with him. I've laughed at his dumb jokes. I've let him buy me drinks because that's pretty much his only social skill. Invited him to my place a DOZEN times and he had no interest in coming, because why does he want to hang out with a bunch of people on a Friday night drinking and playing pinball? Not his thing, as he really has no interest in playing pinball and hanging out with people. I've shot the shit with him on Facebook, I always thought we were on friendly terms.

After he shit all over an event I and others spent close to a year organizing, he sent me a phony apology which I accepted. That was just more bullshit - I don't listen to his shit show, but apparently he trashes me every episode?

So fuck him. He's a dipshit. All of the people who encourage him are dipshits. He really has nothing to offer anybody with half a brain and if he amuses you I guarantee that you are a moron. Literally everybody in the NYC pinball community hates his guts, which is why you'll never see him in person at any of the many pinball events that happen in the Big Apple weekly. He is completely unwelcome in his own city and nobody here cares about his dumb show, which is like kryptonite to him. Why do you think he flies to Texas for attention? He doesn't get any here, in the biggest city in the country.

That being said, NYCPC is looking for sponsors! If he wants to step up with several thousand bucks I'm sure we can work something out. He's still not allowed to come though.

#410 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not that I have heard but I don't listen to all of them. He might mention you in passing but it's never really a feature and is more because you are such and active member of pinside which is were all of his material comes from.

Oh well that's different then!

He's a swell guy who's really funny and if you worship him you most certainly aren't a dumber than a rock.

never (resized).jpgnever (resized).jpg
    #412 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I'm enjoying this current episode even more knowing that New Yawkers are all riled up over him.
    Yup, I'm an easily amused moron. Thanks for adding to my amusement with that reply levi.

And thank you for confirming my theory

#417 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

And thanks for confirming my long held belief (edited).

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#423 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

New Yawkers.

Cute. Surely that's what you meant.

Hey you realize your hero Chris is a New Yawker right?

I don't get this obsession with people using "new york" as their go-to insult, I really don't. I get into bitchfests with people here all the time and I've never thought to use their geographic location as my "going nuclear" option, but then I think I have a little more to offer in the wit department than that.

I've been to many states in our wonderful country and met lots of great people. I've been to Huntington, West Virginia about 8 times and found it be a charming little burg. I'd never insult the people there just for living there, even though there's plenty of cheap shots people can and do take about people who live in rural areas and the South.

Especially when they have such a nice little amusement park, Camden! The Big Dipper is great!

#428 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Right he can call everyone here names but gets offended when I jest about a state and the accent of New Yorkers. I grew up on the Jersey Shore lived in New Jersey my entire life until 2006 when I barely moved into West Virginia to be closer to my new job in DC. So yes I have a lifelong general dislike of stereotypical New Yorkers and the bennies that would come down and infest our Seashore Community communities every summer.
    Levi is a stereotypical blowhard New Yorker. In my opinion of course.

Good thing nobody has any dumb stereotypes about the jersey shore.

But hey I spent a delightful weekend in Wildwood last summer! It ruled.

The funny thing about tourists is everybody hates them. Until they stop showing up. I remember post 9/11 when everybody here who hates tourists suddenly realized how much we depend on them!
    jersey-shore (resized).jpgjersey-shore (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #544 5 years ago

Top Cast is great.

Few remember TopCast was a reaction to the original pinball podcast troll, Gary. That dude invented the pinball troll playbook, and then one day, POOF, he was gone! It was a strange time. The Top Cast archive is the best thing to come out of it.

I thought it was funny when new Gary came around and nobody seemed to remember we'd seen it all before. Not sure if Gary's RGP Radio podcasts still exist anywhere but if you can dig 'em people here would absolutely love 'em.

#550 5 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I tried to find them out of sheer curiousity, but never was able to. They seem to have been lost forever.

It was pretty much the exact same template people seem to love today.

Lots of shittalk about RGPers (the pinsiders of the previous decade), lots of polarizing opinions, and interviews with not only RGPers but plenty of industry folks who were dumb enough to do his show.

The only thing different is he wasn't very prolific...maybe once a month? But there was also only one pinball company at the time so it seemed to work for him.

For all his faults - and there were many, he was a genuinely awful guy in many respects - you have to give ol' Gary Cubeta credit. He was absolutely the first pinball podcaster and launched a genre that at times overfills a much-needed void. For better or worse he proved there was an audience for it.

3 weeks later
    #581 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Still one of the best "old skool" pinball podcasts, and I don't mean EM machines.
    New enthusiasts could learn a lot from this pinball history, especially considering the number of special guests, developers, artists, designers, and engineers. Unfortunate, the show only lasted 3 years.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

They ran out of people to interview and called it a day.

Doesn’t stop people from continuing their shows well past their welcome these days, unfortunately.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.