Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago

Eeerrrrright?

Says literally every other word.

The radio voices are the Jeff’s. Pinball profile and pinball players podcast.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

This Flippin Podcast

You and me both. Love this one.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

That's exactly what I've been doing this week. Struggling to fix old games in my garage and the voice of someone talking about pinball is better to me than a song I've heard 1000 times.
    But judging by this thread people make a coffee or get a beer. Sit down in their lounge room and listen to podcasts like it's TV show or a movie. I still don't get it.

I’m similar. I listen to podcasts all day long. Not all pinball, but I’d say 3-4 pinball, 3-4 sports, and 3-4 true crime.

I’m not even listening half the time. Just like to have it on cause I hate working in silence. If something peaks my interest, I start paying attention then tune it out after what I care about is done.

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

I don't listen to many pinball podcasts anymore. I used to listen to C2C all the time - it usually lasted just the right amount of time while mowing the lawn. I've come and gone with Kaneda...I'd listen, get annoyed, stop listening, and then come back (rinse and repeat). I haven't listened in a long time (and think I am finally done). His negativity and hypocrisy finally wore me out for good. When Head 2 Head first started, I was really into it...but the long episodes ultimately steered me away from listening. Really enjoy those guys, however.
    I've never listened to TWIP podcast. I read his updates almost every Monday and Tuesday. Does the TWIP podcast primarily cover those topics, or is there more to it? Average episode length?

1-1.5 hours. Covers the topics the blog covers.

#284 5 years ago

I love tournament talk and really long episodes. I realize that’s in the minority though. Haha

#291 5 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

Spooky Pinball is my favorite. Well done & with a variety of topics. EM Dungeon is a great segment. I like to have it on in the background while I am working on my pins. Once a month is just right.
    Whatever happened to One & Done?

You’re looking for this flippin podcast. Haha

1 week later
    #343 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think KPP’s latest podcast should be entitled, ‘Kaneda loses his shit’. Why that guy continues to target Keith Johnson and JJP baffles me. $10 bucks says it’s because they declined interview requests and now they are a target.
    Listen Kris, here’s the deal with Pirates. It’s a phenomenal game; players know this, and non-owners know this. Your unwarranted targeting of this title is getting ridiculous. Think of JJPOTC like SFII. The more SFII evolved, the more characters got introduced. And learning new characters, techniques, and strategies were a huge part of playing SFII champions edition, alpha, and capcom vs SF. That’s how you need to approach JJPOTC. Learn the basic structure of the game (which is way easier than you make it out to be), then pick a character or two and stick to them until you really start picking up the pieces and peeling all the layers the game has to offer much like all the SFII games.
    Love the show and keep up the hard work; you offer a lot of insight in the hobby but when it comes to JJPOTC, I think you are out of your territory. And if you’re speaking of quality issues, there’s a new top tier pin in the neighborhood in Iron Maiden, go peek around in that issues thread and see how those owners been doing and that game has been in production much much longer. It’s pinball man! Don’t take it so personal. This isn’t Heighway or Dutch, JJP are one of the good guys.
    Peace
    SKB

It’s going to fall on deaf ears buddy. Kaneda will continue to site how he doesn’t want to have to read an encyclopedia to play a pinball machine. Haha. The game needs to do something magical with the ball to be good, remember dude!?!? Hahaha

Just play the damn game and after you’ve got the hang of the shots, if you like the game enough to learn more, do it. That’s how it works. Anyone can enjoy any game without knowing a single rule. He doesn’t understand Pirates at all, so he shits on it. Pretty standard for him. Now after he buys it, it will be the greatest game ever.

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

But the last one IS an interview piece... and an interesting one on top of things.

That’s two ago. The most recent one is utter garbage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.