Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigstiffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Interesting. Personally, I don't doubt his sincerity at all. I don't always agree with his views (particularly on games as he's not really an avid pinball game player) , but he's informative, has a good marketing sense, and is entertaining most of the time.

Well, he's been banned from multiple online forums inside and outside this hobby for trolling and harassment. He recently created a Facebook profile matching the personal name of a Pinside user just to harass him and make him look bad. Imagine someone doing that with your personal name and photos! He doesn't sound so sincere to me.... a real dirt bag actually.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Listening now....oof.
    I start to cringe when he sets up a bit. Going movie Dickie Goodman is almost as painful as his Tony voice.
    He needs to stick to what he does best and drop the bits.

Unfortunately, that's all he has anymore. Industry players won't come on his podcast anymore. There's only so many news and rumors to cover. He's resorted to cringey fake voices, listener sound clips, and trying to find new vendettas. He's super butthurt about Oktoberfest and the positive reception it had. I suppose American Pinball will be his next primary attack target.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Also, the Patreon thing is seriously cheesy. Don't dilute your message by begging for money. Yet another contradiction from someone who claims to be rich...why lower yourself to begging for a buck a month from a handful of folks? Is it some kind of dick measuring metric to compare yourself to the other podcasts?

He also makes plenty of money from shilling and flipping new Stern LE pre-orders on his platform, too. Only after he cashes out will you here his genuine feelings on the game.

"I'm really thinking that I'm going to keep this one."

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

K is by far the best podcast i've heard on pinball. He's actually very smart and his points are completely valid.

You forgot to add /s.

1 week later
    #474 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Dialed In suffered because it's an original theme.

Then what's Batman 66's excuse? It's a good game with a good theme? Similar pricing to JJP games.

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm continuing to listen to earlier episodes of this guy (kaneda) and it's much more calm/less trivial comments about pinsiders and he makes a lot of good points that I agree with. I def don't like the fake company interviews with sound clips though. Enjoying it.

It's not that it's a bad podcast, it's the person behind the podcast that is the main driver of all the angst and strong opinions on the show.

He's proven time and time again to be narcissistic, vindictive, dishonest, and manipulative. I think it's a shame people feed his ego, but whatever.

1 month later
    #553 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Posted this to the wrong thread! Should have gone here. Sorry
    So I'm officially a fan of kanedas pinball podcast. Listening consistently now for a few months no question the best one I've heard period. Yes he has trouble reading emails and basically sounds illiterate but the guy is brilliant on the mic and thanks to this thread I now have what appears to be a pretty constant inflow of episodes that summarizes pinball in short enough bursts to effectively listen to.
    As a jjp POTC owner I would love to explain how easy that game is to understand once you pay attention but baby steps. Big K killing it.

I'm surprised you feel that way considering you own a POTC and recently owned a DI. Every time he talks about those games, it's obvious he doesn't know anything about them. Actually, when he talks about most pins, he just regurgitates on the negative aspects posted on Pinside.

I'm not sure he really even plays pinball all that much. His pinball obsession seems to be almost exclusive to failing manufacturers and new game releases (primarily due to his flipping of NIB pre-orders).

#565 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

along with his hairbrain marketing background (where you are rewarded for just spitballing and getting marginal success)...

Come on now... He got Bonnie Tyler on a cruise ship. That's quite the accomplishment and the result of months of hard work!

#572 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m a big fan of Kaneda, his podcast is quite entertaining.

I see you're also from NYC.

You must see him out on location playing pinball all the time. I mean, how else would he be able to develop such well informed opinions on the hobby's newest pins?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigstiffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=bigstiffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.