Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCreature.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago

I started listening to Nate. Loved C2C back in the day. Was sad when the production dropped off.

Then i found K-man. My favorite by far. I don’t always agree- but most of his points are well reasoned and he’s not afraid of controversy. The sheer volume he puts out is amazing. I find him entertaining. I think he’ll be a two-time TWIPPY winner.

Also love Greg and Zach from SDTM.

For me- it’s about personality and information. These 3 podcasts have it in spades. No offense to any other podcasts- but I’m not as entertained as I am with these guys and after a while it becomes over-saturation. Not too interested in tournament play or anything like that. I like the business talk. I like the opinions of machines new and old.

#154 5 years ago

I’m a big fan of K-Man as I mentioned earlier- and I even like his ‘Master’ character. But if there’s three things that need to go it’s

1. The Worst Tony Montana Impression Ever
    2. The ‘Interview’ Clips Schtick from the most recent episode
    3. The laugh-track from Head 2 Head

That said though- give the man credit. He has zero f’s to give.

#182 5 years ago

Regarding K-man’s podcast and Patreon:

I understand how some people would say the Patreon requests dilute the message. I don’t disagree with that on principal. It would be odd to watch Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and have Robin Leach ask for Patreon donations at the end of the show.

That said- I don’t begrudge people for asking for Patreon supporters. There are costs to podcast production and travel, etc. (though perhaps not as much for K-man’s as say, SDTM who have gone the extra mile with pin purchases, travel, and increasing video production. Thanks Zach and Greg for that! It’s appreciated!) But there are VERY SUCCESSFUL YouTube channels with people raking it in who still ask for supporters or sell merch. “If you’re good at something, never do it for free.”

One more thing- I wasn’t there for the drink throwing scandal. I don’t know the whole story because it seemed verboten to explore on here. Sounds like it was terrible behavior. BUT - the guy seems genuinely sorry about it. Proper boundaries is fine. And it takes time to build up trust. People are allowed to feel the way they feel about him. I just want to say this in regards to his overall personality-

Many big radio personalities are polarizing and sometimes outright jerks and blowhards. They do the ‘contradictory stuff’ in the broadcasting world all the time. Colin Cowherd immediately comes to mind. Jim Rome. The ‘undisputed’ style of Sharpe and Bayless is highly confrontational with ‘hot takes’ and aggressive dialogue. These things seem to be very popular. Of course it extends into political and news shows- Limbaugh, Savage- etc. They cultivate that aggressive, ‘sandpaper’ image. Love him or hate him, K-man has done a good job of cultivating that image and style.

About the ‘pump and dump’ of machines- or ‘flipping.’ I want to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I seem to remember him flipping a NIB Ghostbusters. And I certainly remember him singing the praises of Iron Maiden LE and flipping that. It was pretty transparent. I understand how that leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths. BUT - to me, it’s a real world example of what happens in our hobby all the time. To me, watching that play out over several episodes reinforced valuable lessons about patience, hype, over-paying, the ‘marketing and sales window’ and how crazy this hobby/addiction can be.

And Levi- I’ll support you. First post from you I think I upvoted

#225 5 years ago

So weird. I wrote a reply this morning and I can’t find it now. Did I get moderated for discussing something I shouldn’t? And if that’s the case- do they send me a message or something to let me know? :/

#320 5 years ago

I gave ‘Special When Lit’ a listen tonight. Good stuff. Good production value.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCreature.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=TheCreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.