Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JY64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 5 years ago

SDTM & K cast both entertaining and both longwinded at times even when the length of the podcast is kept short

#192 5 years ago

Whysnow you post 3 CrazyLevi posts but don't speak a single word for your self how lame

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have to be really high or hungover as heck just to read pinside anymore, let alone want to listen to the ramblings of some overly enthused nerds.

Says the man with over 44 thousand post

#312 5 years ago

Tried head2head because it had been mentioned in this thread. Jack and Lyman interviews were fantastic tournament talk and laugh track could not take will be back for future interviews

1 week later
    #488 5 years ago
    Quoted from BigStiffy:

It's not that it's a bad podcast, it's the person behind the podcast that is the main driver of all the angst and strong opinions on the show.
    He's proven time and time again to be narcissistic, vindictive, dishonest, and manipulative. I think it's a shame people feed his ego, but whatever.

LOL the irony is you are feeding his ego by quoting a pinsider praising the Kcast and continuing keeping him in the thread spotlight

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

OK defenders of K, explain the value of that episode.

Pure entertainment if I blocked all egotistical ass holes on pinside all the habitual poster would be blocked and there would be nothing to read

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Pros
    Friendly, respectful and good vibe
    No slamming, no shilling, no drama
    Long sometimes very long
    Good mix of interviews, tech talk, news that should be covered and recently plumbing disasters lol
    Cons
    Only monthly so to most that follow Pinside are listening to older news
    More off topic ( if you only want pinball )
    All I can say is give em a listen and enjoy!
    On a side note, I am likely to be voting Head2Head, I didn't do any twipy voting last year and oh my.....I hope this year's results are more realistic.

I find what you say funny as because of this thread I listened to two head2head podcasts and in one they did both shill and slam love their interviews but in the future that is all i will listen to

#491 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You know how some people say "don't buy the first year of a new car..."? The same can be said about the first samples of a complex mechanical assembly like a pinball machine. Nearly ever game has these kinds of growing pains on the assembly line. Be greatful it's just production issues at this point and not design failures or parts reliability.
    This is not some JJP specific issue... every vendor goes through this. Would you like to see zero issues? Of course... but early games are really susceptible to this. If that's the kind of stuff that freaks you out... don't be at the front of the line. That's how you insulate yourself if you don't want to be bleeding edge
    The problem with the podcast commentary on this is he takes valid observations and leads them into complete bs like this. Critiquing and telling people how it needs to be fixed? Who made chris a production and manufacturing expert?

I call BS JJP fans go on and on how JJP has these long wait times so that they can put games out in the wild and iron all the issues out

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

they really have little to do with later games in terms of assembly issues.

Whether it does or does not have little to do with later games I have heard many time from fans that is why for the long wait time

1 week later
    #525 5 years ago

Listened to Head 2 Head for the third time Zach Sharp interview once again love the interview had to turn off soon as the interview was over as I hate to listen to them talk thank god for their interviews

1 month later
    #575 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

His problem is he's taken his opinion as a casual... along with his hairbrain marketing background (where you are rewarded for just spitballing and getting marginal success)... and taken that to mean he knows how to be successful in coin-op. What it takes to be successful, what makes games good or not. What is talent or not... and preaches from his flat as if he were the undiscovered truth the world really needs.
    He takes the classic formula of just say a few things your audience agrees with, then use the credit to leap out to some unsupported spot and slip that into the narrative. It's the same formula used by alt-news and other skewed media to build credibility while projecting whatever your message is. "say what the lay really want to say..." - the audience grows an attachment like "hey, he is just like me...". And in doing so they build a connection that means the audience is more forgiving and open to suggestion from the source.

When k-man started his podcast he trashed JJP and praised Stern then he went trashing Stern and praising JJP. He has flip flopped twice now and is back to trashing Stern for the second time.That being said he must be alienating fans of the two biggest pin companies so the audience attachment theory does not seem to hold water

#576 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Which is all well and fine except his podcast is geared to and listened by pinball enthusiasts and he expresses STRONG opinions about games. Opinions that would be of much more value if he spent a little more effort on doing his gameplay homework (including understanding the basic objectives and code features).
    Your Christmas guest experience with Pirates is, unfortunately, typical for most non-pinheads who look at any of my newer games. Too many flashing lights and overwhelming playfield artwork/features leave many of my gameroom visitors hesitant to press the start buttons. Chris makes a good point in citing this as well in his constant urging for manufacturers not to rely on animations and artwork so much in creating a "magical" pinball experience.

It has nothing to do with flashing lights and art it has to do with poor design. Any non-pinhead can drop coins into an AFM or a Stern ST and know what to do on the first ball.

#579 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My post didn't attribute non-pinheads' confusion simply to just flashing lights and artwork, but regardless, I disagree with your contention that it's due rather to "poor design". There is A LOT going on with nearly all newer pinball games and non-pinhead visitors to my gameroom seem to universally be overwhelmed regardless of the game they step up to and play - including the Star Trek Premium that I own.

I do think that the worst thing one could do with a non-pinhead is try and explain the rules. That in its self will just confuse them including Stern ST on the other hand they can step up and shoot at the lit shots and do quite well go figure lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JY64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts?tu=JY64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.