Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
    #401 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

What was so bad he removed? I was interested to hear his thoughts on jjp pirates. If it was that one upload it if you can. Want to hear what this guy is about.

He did a bit where he was Jack yelling at all of his employees about all the quality control issues Pirates is having.

Bits are not Chris' strong suit.

#402 5 years ago

I mean he doesn't need to do a bit, we're all familiar with JJPs quality issues

#403 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

What was so bad he removed? I was interested to hear his thoughts on jjp pirates. If it was that one upload it if you can. Want to hear what this guy is about.

Here's what the guy is about:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

#404 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

As much as I couldn't stand the guy when he was on Pinside, I have to admit that I do enjoy his podcast.
    One thing I don't get though, is his obsession with you. It's difficult to recall one of his shows where he didn't mention you.
    Were you guys ever friendly? He mentioned on one of his past episodes that you were.

I like to be friends with most everybody (I almost said everybody then old Cornelius came to mind). I just texted him congrats before he got married and wished him well! The fact that somebody married him is something redeeming for him i guess.

Sometimes he gets carried away beating up on people like Hilton, Levi, myself and others after he says he's gonna stop doing it. That's who he is.

So he deserves a beat down of his own like he dishes out. If he can't take it then he should keep his mouth shut.

I view it as a squabble amongst "old friends".

#405 5 years ago

Just got caught up on the latest 3 Kaneda podcasts while working. Good stuff.

I've tried listening to a few other podcasts, but none were entertaining enough or didn't offer any info that I haven't read already or could read much quicker than listening to them discuss it.

I don't deep dive into Pinside forums and threads. I read what I'm interested in and don't jump into many threads otherwise. Kaneda's podcast has alerted me to some fun threads and ongoing drama here. Like the Todd Tuckey book thread and that hilarious tournament story of him being kicked out.

#406 5 years ago

Honestly, I'm so sick of this asshole.

I've never done ANYTHING to that prick except try to get along with him. I've laughed at his dumb jokes. I've let him buy me drinks because that's pretty much his only social skill. Invited him to my place a DOZEN times and he had no interest in coming, because why does he want to hang out with a bunch of people on a Friday night drinking and playing pinball? Not his thing, as he really has no interest in playing pinball and hanging out with people. I've shot the shit with him on Facebook, I always thought we were on friendly terms.

After he shit all over an event I and others spent close to a year organizing, he sent me a phony apology which I accepted. That was just more bullshit - I don't listen to his shit show, but apparently he trashes me every episode?

So fuck him. He's a dipshit. All of the people who encourage him are dipshits. He really has nothing to offer anybody with half a brain and if he amuses you I guarantee that you are a moron. Literally everybody in the NYC pinball community hates his guts, which is why you'll never see him in person at any of the many pinball events that happen in the Big Apple weekly. He is completely unwelcome in his own city and nobody here cares about his dumb show, which is like kryptonite to him. Why do you think he flies to Texas for attention? He doesn't get any here, in the biggest city in the country.

That being said, NYCPC is looking for sponsors! If he wants to step up with several thousand bucks I'm sure we can work something out. He's still not allowed to come though.

#407 5 years ago

I like to watch the SDTM shows when they come out but it's more of a youtube video then a podcast. I listen to Kenada from time to time but not every episode by any means. Some are really good, some are just ok, and a few are pretty awful (Montana episode). For the most part it's just him giving his opinions. He hasn't owned a ton of games or played a ton of pinball so take everything with a grain of salt. It's no different then most of the people arguments on here about which game is better and why. So realize his opinions are his and coming from someone more experienced with pinball history and drama then actually playing pinball. Nothing wrong with that, he can and should enjoy the hobby how he likes to. His podcast is designed to entertain people and it does a fairly good job of that. He hates POTC, I still want one, his opinion doesn't matter to me on that type of stuff. Doesn't mean I can't still enjoy the podcast though.

Quoted from Whysnow:

lastly he actually spent the time to make this fake facebook account to pretend to be me and he constantly signs in with it to post on FB pinball forums and sends messages to other people berating them in an attempt to get them mad at me.
    https://www.facebook.com/hilton.mcdingle.1
    Pathetic cant even begin to scrape the surface for describing this little man syndrome.

If he truly has a fake facebook account catfishing people into thinking it's you then report it to the police. Nothing will likely happen but it will at least have a report showing it's not you if any actual harm is caused by him. If true, it is really pathetic of him and shows signs of someone with some mental health issues that goes out of their way to hurt people for their own enjoyment.

#408 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

After he shit all over an event I and others spent close to a year organizing, he sent me a phony apology which I accepted. That was just more bullshit - I don't listen to his shit show, but apparently he trashes me every episode?

Not that I have heard but I don't listen to all of them. He might mention you in passing but it's never really a feature and is more because you are such and active member of pinside which is were all of his material comes from.

#409 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

They are all great but he’s like the Howard Stern if Pinball Podcast!

More like Wendy Williams style of rhetoric!

#410 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not that I have heard but I don't listen to all of them. He might mention you in passing but it's never really a feature and is more because you are such and active member of pinside which is were all of his material comes from.

Oh well that's different then!

He's a swell guy who's really funny and if you worship him you most certainly aren't a dumber than a rock.

never (resized).jpgnever (resized).jpg
    #411 5 years ago

I'm enjoying this current episode even more knowing that New Yawkers are all riled up over him.

Yup, I'm an easily amused moron. Thanks for adding to my amusement with that reply levi.

#412 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I'm enjoying this current episode even more knowing that New Yawkers are all riled up over him.
    Yup, I'm an easily amused moron. Thanks for adding to my amusement with that reply levi.

And thank you for confirming my theory

#413 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh well that's different then!
    He's a swell guy who's really funny and if you worship him you most certainly aren't a dumber than a rock. [quoted image]

Haha, I'd say the first statement was probably closer but it's hard for me to know if it's all just a show to get listeners and attention or if that's who he really is.

#414 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And thank you for confirming my theory

And thanks for confirming my long held belief (edited).

#415 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

What do you mean by you people.....

#416 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If he truly has a fake facebook account catfishing people into thinking it's you then report it to the police. Nothing will likely happen but it will at least have a report showing it's not you if any actual harm is caused by him. If true, it is really pathetic of him and shows signs of someone with some mental health issues that goes out of their way to hurt people for their own enjoyment.

it is true, it is very sad, it has been reported so it is on record.

#417 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#418 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Haha, I'd say the first statement was probably closer but it's hard for me to know if it's all just a show to get listeners and attention or if that's who he really is.

He’s the type that lives the act... because they use the tactics to get through life. It’s why he’s been run out of every social community he’s tried to get involved with. It doesn’t stop online... the same thing happens in real life - like the nyc event. The kind of tactics I outlined earlier like... over reach and then try to cover after the fact... it’s the only way he knows to function. But he’s usually more talk than action... because in other circles, he’d probably get his face stomped and left in the alley.

People may have an opinion of Levi based on how he amuses himself on the forum... but in real life he’s pretty straight forward and well grounded. His last post is one of the most dead on descriptions he’s offered.

#419 5 years ago

I just dont like the consistent bipolar theme to K's show. One minute he has a decent interview, next he's quitting the hobby all together, then he's bashing manufactures but in the same sentence or next episodes their the best thing since sliced bread! The guest shows are of course more entertaining because usually the intellectual bar has been raised per the guest. I had to removed him from my pod catcher because (1st) I didn't want to contribute to an increase in his downloads and (2nd) the frequently spastic release/remove presence of his podcast just marred the better shows in my list.

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's total bullshit!
    The rest is true more or less.

By definition that makes it only partial bullshit.

#421 5 years ago

I listen to the one that I was on episode 45 and whenever one has a good interview.

#422 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

What do you mean by you people.....

New Yawkers.

#423 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

New Yawkers.

Cute. Surely that's what you meant.

Hey you realize your hero Chris is a New Yawker right?

I don't get this obsession with people using "new york" as their go-to insult, I really don't. I get into bitchfests with people here all the time and I've never thought to use their geographic location as my "going nuclear" option, but then I think I have a little more to offer in the wit department than that.

I've been to many states in our wonderful country and met lots of great people. I've been to Huntington, West Virginia about 8 times and found it be a charming little burg. I'd never insult the people there just for living there, even though there's plenty of cheap shots people can and do take about people who live in rural areas and the South.

Especially when they have such a nice little amusement park, Camden! The Big Dipper is great!

#424 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cute. Surely that's what you meant.
    Hey you realize your hero Chris is a New Yawker right?
    I don't get this obsession with people using "new york" as their go-to insult, I really don't. I get into bitchfests with people here all the time and I've never thought to use their geographic location as my "going nuclear" option, but then I think I have a little more to offer in the wit department than that.
    I've been to many states in our wonderful country and met lots of great people. I've been to Huntington, West Virginia about 8 times and found it be a charming little burg. I'd never insult the people there just for living there.
    Especially when they have such a nice little amusement park, Camden! The Big Dipper is great!

Since I came from the center of Kentucky I choose not to insult anyone on were they come from or choose to live. I made it out with understanding what shoes are, not having a kid at 13, never having sex with a sheep, and not participating in a single hoe down. I'm not sure if that is an achievement or if I missed out?

#425 5 years ago

He started today's podcast with a whopper, saying that if you look over his post history on Pinside, you'll find zero reasons why he was banned.

Just off the top of my head of violations: Shitting on Robin, shitting on the mods, shitting on Pinsiders, having multiple accounts, mega trolling after a few adult beverages, trying to dupe that kid on the Fix-it-Felix game (and setting up a fake EBay acount during that train wreck)....

I get it Levi. He drove me nuts when he was here and I was frustrated when Robin would give him chance after chance to adhere to the rules. I listen to him because the other podcasts that I've tried have almost zero objective criticism of any company, except for easy targets like Homepin, Team Pinball, Heighway, etc. He's rarely boring....hell, on today's podcast at times he sounds downright unhinged. He's entertaining.

If that makes me a dipshit for listening, Levi...I'm good with that.

#426 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So fuck him. He's a dipshit. All of you people who encourage him are dipshits. He really has nothing to offer anybody with half a brain and if he amuses you I guarantee that you are a moron.

Don't call me a moron or a dipshit.

#427 5 years ago
    Quoted from woodworker:

Don't call me a moron or a dipshit.

Right he can call everyone here names but gets offended when I jest about a state and the accent of New Yorkers. I grew up on the Jersey Shore, lived in New Jersey my entire life until 2006, when I barely moved into West Virginia to be closer to my new job in DC. So yes I have a lifelong general dislike of stereotypical New Yorkers and the bennies that would come down and infest our Seashore communities every summer.

Levi is a stereotypical blowhard New Yorker. In my opinion of course.

#428 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Right he can call everyone here names but gets offended when I jest about a state and the accent of New Yorkers. I grew up on the Jersey Shore lived in New Jersey my entire life until 2006 when I barely moved into West Virginia to be closer to my new job in DC. So yes I have a lifelong general dislike of stereotypical New Yorkers and the bennies that would come down and infest our Seashore Community communities every summer.

Good thing nobody has any dumb stereotypes about the jersey shore.

But hey I spent a delightful weekend in Wildwood last summer! It ruled.

The funny thing about tourists is everybody hates them. Until they stop showing up. I remember post 9/11 when everybody here who hates tourists suddenly realized how much we depend on them!
    jersey-shore (resized).jpgjersey-shore (resized).jpg

#429 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Right he can call everyone here names but gets offended when I jest about a state and the accent of New Yorkers. I grew up on the Jersey Shore lived in New Jersey my entire life until 2006 when I barely moved into West Virginia to be closer to my new job in DC. So yes I have a lifelong general dislike of stereotypical New Yorkers and the bennies that would come down and infest our Seashore Community communities every summer.

I don't care that he's from New York or anything like that. I just don't like being called a dipshit or a moron by some guy who has never met me.

#430 5 years ago
    Quoted from woodworker:

I don't care that he's from New York or anything like that. I just don't like being called a dipshit or a moron by anybody.

Report it to the mods, it's against Pinside rules.

#431 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I already did.

#432 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't get this obsession with people using "new york" as their go-to insult,...

I kind of do, but I feel like it has to be regional. I can't imagine anyone from West Virginia talking shit aboot any state other than the absolute bottom; mississippi maybe?

#433 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Citizens Arrest (resized).jpgCitizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    #434 5 years ago
    Quoted from woodworker:

I don't care that he's from New York or anything like that. I just don't like being called a dipshit or a moron by some guy who has never met me.

Quoted from PoMC:

Wow 2019 started early

#435 5 years ago

Just for the record, I hate all of you; no matter your region, sex, race, creed, age, ethnicity, income, fitness level, attitude to Mexican food, ability to weave baskets, ability to post past, and especially your views of podcasts and pinball games.

Except for Levy and Law. You two are ok in my book.

/s

#436 5 years ago
    Quoted from woodworker:

I just don't like being called a dipshit or a moron by some guy who has never met me.

I have met you... am I allowed...?

Pretty sure he was not specifically calling you out, but when you read into it like that...

#437 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He really has nothing to offer anybody with half a brain and if he amuses you I guarantee that you are a moron.

I am reading this during lunch.....I just about choked on my sandwich with this quote. LMFAO.

#438 5 years ago

Wow... you guys take Kaneda way too seriously. Smile and have a coke guys... go play pinball.

#439 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good thing nobody has any dumb stereotypes about the jersey shore.
    But hey I spent a delightful weekend in Wildwood last summer! It ruled.
    The funny thing about tourists is everybody hates them. Until they stop showing up. I remember post 9/11 when everybody here who hates tourists suddenly realized how much we depend on them!
    [quoted image]

The funny thing is not one of those ass clowns from that Jersey Shore TV show is an actual born and bred NJ native.

#440 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He started today's podcast with a whopper, saying that if you look over his post history on Pinside, you'll find zero reasons why he was banned.

LOL. Total lack of self awareness.

Just "fuggedaboutit"!

#441 5 years ago

The more that I’m here reading the forum, the more I understand Chris’ angst. I don’t understand why some people are allowed to call people morons, idiots, etc. without any repercussions, but then people respond to it and get moderated. In my opinion, no one, even hyper posters, should be allowed to make personal attacks on others. I thought this was why we had forum rules, right???

#442 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Wow... you guys take Kaneda way too seriously. Smile and have a coke guys... go play pinball.

It is hard to take a lot of what he says seriously, but for a pinball podcast it is damn entertaining: “I’m not lying when I say this, I’m the best f*cking marketer on the planet and if you need to f*ckin. proof of that go Google vitamin water and smart phone.” (38 m and 38 s into today's episode).

When I heard that I laughed so hard I almost spit out my vitamin water and ruined my smart phone.

#443 5 years ago

Drunken fights, trolling, and all the personal wars being waged on him aside, I love his show.

He's not afraid to call out manufacturers for making stupid decisions. He also praises them for doing smart things.

Although I think he does flip flop a bit (maybe Manhattan induced) and I don't agree with everything he says, I do find him entertaining and insightful.

#444 5 years ago

At the end of the day, like, literally! Arght? Aright.

#445 5 years ago

:doh:Maybe I like the “don’t mention Kaneda” version of Pinside from a week ago more then what happens now.

Everybody; why do you let this guy, and opinions about the guy, get under your skin THIS much?!
    Let’s try to ignore Chris as a person for now and get back to healthy discussions about the actual podcast episodes and content out there!

#446 5 years ago

Don’t normally listen but sounds like one hell of a show if Levi gets a donation.

A few bucks to charity wouldnt hurt while your at it too.

#447 5 years ago

Ok just finished my workout on my bike listening to the Kman. So let's drop a couple of thoughts and comments.

1) . Just like anyone self absorbed they don't listen to what anyone else says. I wasn't blaming you Chris for taking down Heighway. We ALL knew what was going on. There were tons of NEGATIVE threads regarding Andrew for years. Andrew admitted it himself to me verbally in the conversation i had with him as he was looking for a lawyer in New York to sue you. . I told him it was a waste of $$$ that he didn't have. It was touch and go for a long time and its a shame they didn't make it despite a second effort by his successors.

2). The podcast is a summary of the dozens of NEGATIVE threads here on Pinside. It's nothing new, just a verbal flow of what is said here ad nauseum, in kind of a funny and stupid way? The other podcasts don't want to talk about the NEGATIVE because they want industry guys to come on their show.

3). JJP. Since 2011 there have been more NEGATIVE threads re Woz, Hobbit, DI and JJP than any other manufacturer, and deservedly so. K man does a good job of summarizing what is said here on a daily basis with Jack and crew. He's totally right on with the JJP analysis.

4). Insert F bombs all over the place. +1 for me

5). "I am the greatest marketing person in the world, if you don't believe me then google......"

6). "I am never going to quit this podcast because i don't want to leave you guys without the best podcast in the world and all those other ones......but but they are are great and i love all of them".....

7). Gotta say, I feel he takes his cue from the T man, a fellow New Yorker! So full of shit its coming oozing out of his ears!

Bottom line, people like to hear somebody RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE. That's his niche. Which is a good thing because again, its just a summary of all the NEGATIVE stuff on Pinside in a verbal diarrhea form.

He's insecure and cares what people say about him yet is oblivious to what he dishes out. I think i need to go on and straighten his ass out, "man to man".

Unfiltered, unedited and answering all of my questions. I'll be getting my MBrLE and MunstersLE soon, hopefully. We can do a little review of those games in between some heated discussion.

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ok just finished my workout on my bike listening to the Kman. So let's drop a couple of thoughts and comments.
    1) . Just like anyone self absorbed they don't listen to what anyone else says. I wasn't blaming you Chris for taking down Heighway. We ALL knew what was going on. There were tons of NEGATIVE threads regarding Andrew for years. Andrew admitted it himself to me verbally in the conversation i had with him as he was looking for a lawyer in New York to sue you. . I told him it was a waste of $$$ that he didn't have. It was touch and go for a long time and its a shame they didn't make it despite a second effort by his successors.
    2). The podcast is a summary of the dozens of NEGATIVE threads here on Pinside. It's nothing new, just a verbal flow of what is said here ad nauseum, in kind of a funny and stupid way? The other podcasts don't want to talk about the NEGATIVE because they want industry guys to come on their show.
    3). JJP. Since 2011 there have been more NEGATIVE threads re Woz, Hobbit, DI and JJP than any other manufacturer, and deservedly so. K man does a good job of summarizing what is said here on a daily basis with Jack and crew. He's totally right on with the JJP analysis.
    4). Insert F bombs all over the place. +1 for me
    5). "I am the greatest marketing person in the world, if you don't believe me then google......"
    6). "I am never going to quit this podcast because i don't want to leave you guys without the best podcast in the world and all those other ones......but but they are are great and i love all of them".....
    7). Gotta say, I feel he takes his cue from the T man, a fellow New Yorker! So full of shit its coming oozing out of his ears!
    Bottom line, people like to hear somebody RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE. That's his niche. Which is a good thing because again, its just a summary of all the NEGATIVE stuff on Pinside in a verbal diarrhea form.
    He's insecure and cares what people say about him yet is oblivious to what he dishes out. I think i need to go on and straighten his ass out, "man to man".
    Unfiltered, unedited and answering all of my questions. I'll be getting my MBrLE and MunstersLE soon, hopefully. We can do a little review of those games in between some heated discussion.

Iceman why don’t you take up Chris’ invite to go on the show? You both seem like intelligent people, and I do think he’d be respectful. Hell, I’m New York based and would be happy to join the conversation as neutral mediator.

#449 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Why don’t you take up Chris’ invite to go on the show? I do think he’d be respectful.

Why? What's the point? What's the desired outcome?

#450 5 years ago

The episode where he went off on Robin was probably the biggest issue and the tipping point for his ban. I believe i still have it even know it was deleted as part of his plea to get back on PS

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.