Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Look in the mirror Kman, it’s pathetic

the dude spends he free time reading Pinside for content to make a podcast where he slams pinsiders making fun of them for being on pinside.

Toss on top of this, him getting wasted at Levi's pinball competition, throwing a drink on A stern employee, smacking his lady around, and then having to be removed from the venue.

lastly he actually spent the time to make this fake facebook account to pretend to be me and he constantly signs in with it to post on FB pinball forums and sends messages to other people berating them in an attempt to get them mad at me.
    https://www.facebook.com/hilton.mcdingle.1

Pathetic cant even begin to scrape the surface for describing this little man syndrome.

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

It's complete and utter garbage, like most of his non-interview opinion pieces.

But the last one IS an interview piece... and an interesting one on top of things.

#353 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Is his latest episode worth listening to or is it just another Stern worshipping session? Only got a few minutes into it...

I actually thought it was really good. I really enjoyed hearing the perspective Of the guest (Dave). It was interesting to here the opinion of a business owner do a SWOT analaysis on Stern. I like KPP (except the few times when I do not), but I thought that Dave and Chris had a good business discussion. Probably less interesting from a pinball player’s perspective, but I thought it was great hearing a CEO comment from a business perspective.

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

But the last one IS an interview piece... and an interesting one on top of things.

That’s two ago. The most recent one is utter garbage.

#355 5 years ago

This is the worst Jersey Jack impression I've heard in all my years of pinball...

#356 5 years ago

OK defenders of K, explain the value of that episode.

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I actually thought it was really good. I really enjoyed hearing the perspective Of the guest (Dave). It was interesting to here the opinion of a business owner do a SWOT analaysis on Stern. I like KPP (except the few times when I do not), but I thought that Dave and Chris had a good business discussion. Probably less interesting from a pinball player’s perspective, but I thought it was great hearing a CEO comment from a business perspective.

So he's just interviewing random Daves now?

Man the barrel-scraping for guests is getting sad.

#358 5 years ago

Should we re-title this thread to Kaneda Discussion ?

#359 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I'm a fan of Kaneda's podcast, but the latest Jersey Jack episode got old VERY quick. Similar to his Master and Tony Montana segments - a little goes a LONG way. I wish he would just dump this stuff from his show. Or at least make these segments much shorter.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

... Listen Kris, here’s the deal with Pirates. It’s a phenomenal game; players know this, and non-owners know this. Your unwarranted targeting of this title is getting ridiculous. Think of JJPOTC like SFII. The more SFII evolved, the more characters got introduced. And learning new characters, techniques, and strategies were a huge part of playing SFII champions edition, alpha, and capcom vs SF. That’s how you need to approach JJPOTC. Learn the basic structure of the game (which is way easier than you make it out to be), then pick a character or two and stick to them until you really start picking up the pieces and peeling all the layers the game has to offer much like all the SFII games.

One of Chris's weaker points for me is that he's not really a pinball "player". As such, I don't think he really plays games enough or in a suitable (ideally home) environment to properly evaluate them. Accordingly, I feel he has unfairly judged Houdini to be a bad game as well. Ironically, he apparently is in agreement with Hilton on this particular opinion.

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Toss on top of this, him getting wasted at Levi's pinball competition, throwing a drink on A stern employee, smacking his lady around, and then having to be removed from the venue.

That's total bullshit!

It was NOT "my" competition I was part of a dedicated team which put on the greatest tournament ever.

The rest is true more or less.

#361 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Should we re-title this thread to Kaneda Discussion ?

...just what his e-peen needs.

How does anyone get past his lisp? It’s almost as bad as Pinside Petey sometimes.

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

A bit long, but the point is that Jersey Jack needs to put some of the team through Six Sigma black belt training.

#363 5 years ago

Umm, y'know guys, the best way to make this idiot K go away is to not talk about him.

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

but the point is that Jersey Jack needs to put some of the team through Six Sigma black belt training.

Been there done that.

LTG : )

#365 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So he's just interviewing random Daves now?
    Man the barrel-scraping for guests is getting sad.

Why don’t you help your fellow New Yorker out and appear on his show?

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

A bit long, but the point is that Jersey Jack needs to put some of the team through Six Sigma black belt training.

My point is he said some pretty childish and crappy things about some decent people who did nothing to deserve it.

#367 5 years ago

Kaneda is right that there are too many quality control issues with POTC and I, like others, have needlessly suffered through broken wires (no, I don't know how to solder!) and other issues, BUT he is totally wrong about the game. While he would dismiss my comments as a new owner of the game who is not objective, the game is fantastic! It is an awesome shooter and the fastest wide-body that I have ever played. His ranting about the number of inserts shows his lack of understanding of the game. And being able to play a different character with different advantages, and disadvantages, makes the game much more interesting when playing with others. It is one of the best games to play with friends! I think his latest podcast attacking Jersey Jack was the nail in the coffin as far as any repeat TWIPY.

May I now shill for Special When Lit? Not that I don't like Australians.

#368 5 years ago
    Quoted from Burley9043:

Kaneda is right that there are too many quality control issues with POTC and I, like others, have needlessly suffered through broken wires (no, I don't know how to solder!) and other issues, BUT he is totally wrong about the game. While he would dismiss my comments as a new owner of the game who is not objective, the game is fantastic! It is an awesome shooter and the fastest wide-body that I have ever played. His ranting about the number of inserts shows his lack of understanding of the game. And being able to play a different character with different advantages, and disadvantages, makes the game much more interesting when playing with others. It is one of the best games to play with friends! I think his latest podcast attacking Jersey Jack was the nail in the coffin as far as any repeat TWIPY.
    May I now shill for Special When Lit? Not that I don't like Australians.

He will win the Twipy again not because he has the best podcast but because the positive podcasts will split all the other votes.

#369 5 years ago

Anyone try listening to broken token podcast?

I always enjoy there show very much, it has pro and cons of course, but overall it is much more enjoyable than most of the podcasts imo.

Pros
    Friendly, respectful and good vibe
    No slamming, no shilling, no drama
    Long sometimes very long
    Good mix of interviews, tech talk, news that should be covered and recently plumbing disasters lol

Cons
    Only monthly so to most that follow Pinside are listening to older news
    More off topic ( if you only want pinball )

All I can say is give em a listen and enjoy!

On a side note, I am likely to be voting Head2Head, I didn't do any twipy voting last year and oh my.....I hope this year's results are more realistic.

If your liking KPP and drinking his coolaid I can't help you. But to quote a movie "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" comes to mind. The only reason for his podcast is for audible response of all things Pinside. He is now playing with the dog from the other side of the fence. Pretty sad. He was banned for a reason folks keep that in mind. He's been banned from several forums keep that in mind. Tony oh Lord please stop, my master (real person not me) yeah right just like him not having many many many accounts. Twist postings like Iceman, which was pretty spot on and polite anyway you want, but in the words of Pinside Pete, "FuCk ofFf!"

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

He will win the Twipy again ...

Another useless metric...

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Umm, y'know guys, the best way to make this idiot K go away is to not talk about him.

LOL, he ain't going away.

He loves to hear himself talk too much.

He will end up just talking to himself "at the end of the day" after he's shit all over everybody and there's nobody left.

That's the only thing he has. Just like his history here and why he's gone.

#372 5 years ago

Kaneda’s Podcast today was one of his best.
    I bought JJP POTC and he captured a lot of my thoughts. I don’t hold on to older games for long because I’m afraid of the reliability and here I am disconnecting the motor arm to the ship and soldering for the first time two wires which have about a half inch of slack in them. I contacted Customer support two weeks ago via their website and crickets so I decided to just do it myself. It wasn’t bad , I learned something but this is supposed to be my stress reliever not an aggravation. I’m aggravated at work , this is my toy that’s supposed to amuse me and allow me to relax.

I do enjoy the game immensely and disagree with his criticism of the multiple characters and insets. I can disagree with someone and still value there opinions. I like his honesty and that was a great show today. If Jack hasn’t had a conversation like that someone there should.

#373 5 years ago

If you guys don’t like his show, then stop listening. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I find the show, at the very least, entertaining. All pinball reviews are opinions, no matter who you listen to. I adamantly disagree with Zach’s opinion (SDTM) regarding STTNG, but I don’t come here to pinside and kill him for it. I also disagree with Kaneda on some of his reviews (Batman 66 does nothing for me).

I just appreciate that both of them are providing free entertainment that I can choose to consume if I would like.

I will admit, the gimmick shows are not my favorite, though.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

If you guys don’t like his show, then stop listening. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I find the show, at the very least, entertaining.

Oh no, its full on review time now. I'm listening and reviewing the BS.

The narcissist loves anybody talking about him, good or bad.

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

If you guys don’t like his show, then stop listening.

Oh I don't, amazingly people keep bringing him up here on Pinside...it's almost like he planned it that way.

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Kaneda’s Podcast today was one of his best.
    I bought JJP POTC and he captured a lot of my thoughts. I don’t hold on to older games for long because I’m afraid of the reliability and here I am disconnecting the motor arm to the ship and soldering for the first time two wires which have about a half inch of slack in them. I contacted Customer support two weeks ago via their website and crickets so I decided to just do it myself. It wasn’t bad , I learned something but this is supposed to be my stress reliever not an aggravation. I’m aggravated at work , this is my toy that’s supposed to amuse me and allow me to relax.
    I do enjoy the game immensely and disagree with his criticism of the multiple characters and insets. I can disagree with someone and still value there opinions. I like his honesty and that was a great show today. If Jack hasn’t had a conversation like that someone there should.

You know how some people say "don't buy the first year of a new car..."? The same can be said about the first samples of a complex mechanical assembly like a pinball machine. Nearly ever game has these kinds of growing pains on the assembly line. Be greatful it's just production issues at this point and not design failures or parts reliability.

This is not some JJP specific issue... every vendor goes through this. Would you like to see zero issues? Of course... but early games are really susceptible to this. If that's the kind of stuff that freaks you out... don't be at the front of the line. That's how you insulate yourself if you don't want to be bleeding edge

The problem with the podcast commentary on this is he takes valid observations and leads them into complete bs like this. Critiquing and telling people how it needs to be fixed? Who made chris a production and manufacturing expert?

#377 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, you have almost 18,000 posts on pinside......

I’m just tired of all of the bashing of the show in this thread. If I was bashing h2h or any of the other podcasts, I would expect people to call me out on it, but since it’s Kaneda, it feels like “Go ahead, rip him a new one”.

I do understand why you do it, Ice, since he has personally called you out on the show. I feel you have the right to respond.

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pathetic cant even begin to scrape the surface for describing this little man syndrome.

hilton, if you are at a loss for words to describe Kman ...

i found some ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/180#post-3426532

#379 5 years ago

Quoted from Jerryuop:

Dude, you have almost 18,000 posts on pinside......
    I’m just tired of all of the bashing of the show in this thread. If I was bashing h2h or any of the other podcasts, I would expect people to call me out on it, but since it’s Kaneda, it feels like “Go ahead, rip him a new one”.
    I do understand why you do it, Ice, since he has personally called you out on the show. I feel you have the right to respond.

Yep it's on now. It's not just the show. It's the history. And you haven't been around to experience it.

I tried to be nice to the guy, like many others but he is just who he is.

I guess its just little man's complex or something

You can whistle Dixie out of your ass and anybody would listen.

#380 5 years ago

I remember the night he gave away free $$

#381 5 years ago

Did he take the latest episode down? It's not in my feed.

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

This is not some JJP specific issue... every vendor goes through this. Would you like to see zero issues? Of course... but early games are really susceptible to this. If that's the kind of stuff that freaks you out... don't be at the front of the line. That's how you insulate yourself if you don't want to be bleeding edge

I’m any industry short of Pinball the manufacturer would stand behind the product and get the item fixed without making the customer do the repair. Service centers, technicians, swaps but lesson learned.

#383 5 years ago

So this thread is wild. Just starting reading as I thought it would be overly positive about pinball podcasts meanwhile it's quite the opposite. I for one love them especially when I'm driving to get a new pin ; )

This kaneda person.... Maybe it's bc I don't do Facebook (don't even have an account) but no joke never listen or heard of him but damn people are very opinionated about him. I'll check his podcast out see what's up. My personal favs are sdtm, Buffalo, twip and recently special when lit.

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So this thread is wild. Just starting reading as I thought it would be overly positive about pinball podcasts meanwhile it's quite the opposite. I for one love them especially when I'm driving to get a new pin ; )
    This kaneda person.... Maybe it's bc I don't do Facebook (don't even have an account) but no joke never listen or heard of him but damn people are very opinionated about him. I'll check his podcast out see what's up. My personal favs are sdtm, Buffalo, twip and recently special when lit.

They are all great but he’s like the Howard Stern if Pinball Podcast!

#385 5 years ago

There was the time that he called me to shove it up my ass that he proudly procured a MG before I ever got my "Alien". He was so proud that he had his little part of Pinside history! And it turned out to be a F ing joke.

He said, "man you better get one before it goes to $50,000". LOL

Now i have a phenomenal Alien pin. It's a shame for EVERYBODY that Andrew didn't make it. This guy reveled in the destruction of Heighway. Everybody knew what was going on. This dipshit acted like he had some kind of "exclusive" knowledge. He didn't save anybody from anything. What a joke.

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

That’s exactly what I came here for as well; to get some new suggestions for podcasts I should listen to. Every time Kaneda’s name comes up, people freak out....

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

That’s exactly what I came here for as well; to get some new suggestions for podcasts I should listen to. Every time Kaneda’s name comes up, people freak out....

Listen to the "show" Jerry. You will get it eventually. Who he is.

Like Seinfeld Jerry, its a show about nothing.

And he doesn't give a shit about pinball other than making a few bucks flipping an LE pin or pumping up some chump change Patreon account. Hilarious!

I think you might be able to sell a 30 second commercial with his "listeners" for $20 according to the internet marketing numbers. Maybe he can get Pinstadium to give him a sponsorship or the local coffee shop to give him a cup of coffee.

#388 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Been there done that.

Hey LTG ... your mentioned in kaneda’s podcast!! You are big time !!

#389 5 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

Too cool. Was it good ? Bad ?

He asked me awhile back to be on one, but I didn't have the skype/webacm/computer microphone stuff needed so it never happened.

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

LTG is Bigger than Time !!

#391 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Too cool. Was it good ? Bad ?
    He asked me awhile back to be on one, but I didn't have the skype/webacm/computer microphone stuff needed so it never happened.

You are already a legend Lloyd. You don't need Dman to acknowledge it.

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’m any industry short of Pinball the manufacturer would stand behind the product and get the item fixed without making the customer do the repair. Service centers, technicians, swaps but lesson learned.

Here's the thing. That is on the cheap ass buyers. The industry does have a model for this... it's called your retailer. But everyone wants to buy at near wholesale prices - killing the ability for sellers to be much more than distribution. So if you want full service and onsite warranty - don't buy from people who only offer distribution.

Yes JJP should be answering support calls. Yes they should be supporting their channel and the game. But is that really the problem right now? Or is it a tempest in a teapot?

#393 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:Oh no, its full on review time now. I'm listening and reviewing the BS.

lol. kaneda and you must be twin brothers.......why don't you read again some of your old posts

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

This kaneda person.... Maybe it's bc I don't do Facebook (don't even have an account) but no joke.... .

Well it's because you weren't here when he was a member and it was just drama central and a total shit show. So the entire thing came out of getting the boot from pinside and that's why it's such a pinside-centric thing.

Quoted from singapore_pin:

lol. kaneda and you must be twin brothers.......why don't you read again some of your old posts

They are not twin brothers, because Ice has actually been playing, owning, and educated about pinball machines for years.

#395 5 years ago

I do listen to Kaneda sometimes as some of the podcasts are entertaining or he has some news.

Yes, he can't get interviews due to burning bridges.

Does make me laugh when he tells people not to log on pinside. If he were allowed back on, he would be posting non stop

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yep it's on now. It's not just the show. It's the history. And you haven't been around to experience it.
    I tried to be nice to the guy, like many others but he is just who he is.
    I guess its just little man's complex or something
    You can whistle Dixie out of your ass and anybody would listen.

As much as I couldn't stand the guy when he was on Pinside, I have to admit that I do enjoy his podcast.

One thing I don't get though, is his obsession with you. It's difficult to recall one of his shows where he didn't mention you.

Were you guys ever friendly? He mentioned on one of his past episodes that you were.

#397 5 years ago

Let's try to get this thread back on tracks guys. Here're my two cents to answers the OP's original question.

I actually do enjoy listening to Podcasts! Since I'm commuting about 10-15 hours a week I have all the time to catch up with a lot of them.

SLAM TILT
    I'm not much of a tournament player so the SlamTilt Podcast always gave me mixed feelings.

KANEDA
    Listen to most of his shows and like others already pointed out as well I also don't always agree with him but for some reason I still enjoy listening most of the time. I really enjoyed the CEO Dave episode just as any other episode with interviews. The rants can be long and I absolutely HATE the episodes filled with funny voices (Tony) and quotes from movie clips. (like the factory tours)

TWIP
    Since I don't think about checking out the TWIP website quite regularly, I do enjoy Zack's TWIP podcast as well. Even though it's get kinda redundant from time to time since I also listen to the other podcasts and I don't really need transcribes being read from other shows. But that's not their fault.

HEAD2HEAD
    H2H episodes are awesome, I laugh out loud quite frequently and I enjoy the interviews. Sounds like two guys I would really enjoy having a beer with.

SPECIAL WHEN LIT
    Right now I think I enjoy "newcomers" from Special when Lit the most! I do think they have great production value and I really appreciate their shorter episodes more over H2H's.

SLAP SAVE
    Talking about "newcomers" these guys have only made three episodes up until now. Bit I really enjoyed those! Short is a again a positive point to hand out to them. Looking forward to check where they're heading.

I'm still on the fence regarding who gets my Trippy vote this year. Special when Lit is maybe my favorite show at the moment. But since H2H had so much great episodes past year I also think they deserve the Twippy as well.

#398 5 years ago

Looks like Kaneda deleted yesterday's JJP episode.

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Looks like Kaneda deleted yesterday's JJP episode.

This is why I have his podcast set to automatic download. Never miss out on the occasionally deleted "Oh shit!" second thoughts cast!

#400 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

This is why I have his podcast set to automatic download. Never miss out on the occasionally deleted "Oh shit!" second thoughts cast!

What was so bad he removed? I was interested to hear his thoughts on jjp pirates. If it was that one upload it if you can. Want to hear what this guy is about.

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts/page/8?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.