Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you listen to pinball podcasts?”

• Zero 149 votes
      35%
    • One 77 votes
      18%
    • Two 59 votes
      14%
    • Three 58 votes
      14%
    • Four 19 votes
      4%
    • Five or more 64 votes
      15%

(426 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo.gif
    3627410F-7F6C-4B2B-8058-444D5A3EB381 (resized).jpeg
    27AF85DD-03DB-4F85-8AF6-B8077711836B (resized).jpeg
    975ED4CB-83ED-4AB4-A352-D848103A1958 (resized).jpeg
    renaissance02 (resized).jpg
    Citizens Arrest (resized).jpg
    jersey-shore (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    never (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 2 (resized).jpg
    Brian Eddy 1 (resized).jpg
    wrk again (resized).jpg
    20181213_180407 (resized).jpg
    656DDDF3-0784-448F-B031-F51D212985EB (resized).jpeg
    pasted (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
    #101 5 years ago

What’s amazing to me about KPP, is how many people turn around and treat him the same way they claim he treats others.

Huge respect to This Flippin Podcast on that front. They don’t waste time on their show (or in the open forum) with this nonsense. Same for Broken Token. And major hats off to the new guys (Special When Lit ) for keeping level.

And, of course, I give the ultimate nod to folks like Nate Shivers, the Pinheadz crew, silverball pod... they really nailed it with uber class.

#102 5 years ago

At the moment I only listen to one Podcast and that’s the K Man Short and sweet. I do wish Pinheadz would return loved that Podcast.

#103 5 years ago

I listen to K, but he can be very hit and miss. Some episodes are great, and then he turns around and lays a stinker on us like he did this weekend. Keep it on point...If you don't have any new material, don't dick around with alternate voices and stupid sound clip games like that hot garbage you uploaded this weekend. Kudos for keeping shows under an hour lately though. These guys with the 2 hour podcasts must love to hear themselves talk...and say very little in the process.

#104 5 years ago

Since I haven't seen anyone mention it (after skimming the thread) I will mention Spooky. Without them, would we have all of these podcasts? Yes, I admit, I do skip through the EM dungeon but there is something warm about a father and son doing a podcast together. As a Dad, it makes me smile. Rock on Charlie and Bug!

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Since I haven't seen anyone mention it (after skimming the thread) I will mention Spooky. Without them, would we have all of these podcasts? Yes, I admit, I do skip through the EM dungeon but there is something warm about a father and son doing a podcast together. As a Dad, it makes me smile. Rock on Charlie and Bug!

Forgot about Spooky, though it’s more of a “pinball manufacturer lifestyle” podcast than anything else, I do enjoy listening.

Also love the EM Dungeon - I had it on in the car the other day and my son is “what are you listening to?!?”

#106 5 years ago

Most podcasts I avoid as I can’t tolerate the self-indulgence of the hosts.

Sadly, my favorite podcast- Gameroom Junkies is no more Their chemistry was unequaled.

K is hypocritical and endlessly contradictory, but is the most entertaining podcast currently. He has carved a good niche with his focused and timely commentary on industry news and Pinside drama.

If you care about history and the people of pinball, you owe it to yourself to listen to the Topcast interviews.

#107 5 years ago

I started years ago with the originals like TopCast, Silverball and The Pinball Podcast. Used to enjoy C2C until Nate got too much into the competition side of the hobby. Just not my thing.

Now I just listen to the K man. Episodes are typically short and give me all the pinball news I need. Plus, I think it’s funny when he loses it and goes off the rails.

#108 5 years ago

I listen to all the heavy hitters! H2H, TWIP, SWL, STP, PP, SDTM, TPP. As far as K man I will listen to about 3-5 min of each new episode and depending how Manic, Hypocritical or Narcissistic he is presenting I may or may not endure the episode. I rarely make it through his whole podcast because the routine negativity is just not my thing. Sad that he has had to resort to parody interviews due to being blacklisted from most credible entities.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I listen to K, but he can be very hit and miss. Some episodes are great, and then he turns around and lays a stinker on us like he did this weekend. Keep it on point...If you don't have any new material, don't dick around with alternate voices and stupid sound clip games like that hot garbage you uploaded this weekend. Kudos for keeping shows under an hour lately though. These guys with the 2 hour podcasts must love to hear themselves talk...and say very little in the process.

Listening now....oof.

I start to cringe when he sets up a bit. Going movie Dickie Goodman is almost as painful as his Tony voice.

He needs to stick to what he does best and drop the bits.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Listening now....oof.
    I start to cringe when he sets up a bit. Going movie Dickie Goodman is almost as painful as his Tony voice.

Agree. His "Master" and "Tony Montana" characters are tolerable in small bits only (<30 secs every once in a while). "Less is MORE" applies here.

Please dump the sound clip phony interviews altogether. They're just bad. Definite fast forward material.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Listening now....oof.

Unfortunately, that's all he has anymore. Industry players won't come on his podcast anymore. There's only so many news and rumors to cover. He's resorted to cringey fake voices, listener sound clips, and trying to find new vendettas. He's super butthurt about Oktoberfest and the positive reception it had. I suppose American Pinball will be his next primary attack target.

#112 5 years ago

K-man podcast drinking game idea! Take a shot every time:

"But here's the thing..."
    Reminds you what car he drives
    Uses "literally" incorrectly
    Praises Stern
    "World under glass"

That last one might be coma-inducing

#113 5 years ago

K man - how many times can he say idiotic in one episode? Or idiot?

Yes, endless contradictions, and doesn't have a player's knowledge to comment fairly on many games.

But because he has trashed so many people, he can now say anything, so it's more entertaining than those who have to toe the line.

And he does still get inside info, so it's worth a listen.

If H2H were under an hour, I would listen to them much more.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Praises Stern
    "World under glass"

You forgot "it begs the question".

#115 5 years ago

I listen to Kaneda’s podcast while I’m at work... not enough time to listen to anymore podcasts.

#116 5 years ago

I used to wonder "who in god's name is listening to Chris' ridiculous and awful podcast?"

Well, turns out the answer is "everybody here."

You people are easily entertained!

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I used to wonder "who in god's name is listening to Chris' ridiculous and awful podcast?"
    Well, turns out the answer is "everybody."
    You people are easily entertained!

I couldn't agree more. I've got a couple friends who listen to him on a regular basis. Knowing what I know about him, I have no respect whatsoever and couldn't give two shits what his thoughts are. I also lose a bit of respect for anyone who goes on his podcast as a guest. I listened to one interview of a friend and it pretty much ended up with him looking for some dirt on anyone in the hobby, which I'm told is what so many of his podcasts are about.

#118 5 years ago

SDTM & K cast both entertaining and both longwinded at times even when the length of the podcast is kept short

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't agree more. I've got a couple friends who listen to him on a regular basis. Knowing what I know about him, I have no respect whatsoever and couldn't give two shits what his thoughts are. I also lose a bit of respect for anyone who goes on his podcast as a guest. I listened to one interview of a friend and it pretty much ended up with him looking for some dirt on anyone in the hobby, which I'm told is what so many of his podcasts are about.

Well, being completely honest here, there are 1000's of people on pinside. When the whole Heighway thing was going on, his podcast was about the only thing saying that you need to get out, the company is in trouble, while all such comments on pinside were shouted down or moderated. I think I specifically remember a post from Mr68 or something like that trying to help that was given a lot of wrath.

So say what you will about him, he was legitimately trying to help a bunch of people whereas pinside really wasn't. I'm not saying all of his podcasts are great or warranted, but in that particular situation he was one person trying to help. And there have been other instances like that.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Could not agree more.

Amazed that anyone listens to his crap any more. The guy spends his time flipping new Stern games he hypes, talking trash about everyone, knows little about pinball, and has an aweful voice for radio.

Hard to believe anyone gives this guy any amount of ego feed with the shenanigans he pulls. The fake Facebook account he set up with pictures he has stalked from the internet to make it look like it is me is just the tip of the iceberg. He has threatened industry people with game leaks. Purposefully attempts to ruin businesses. In general is a giant Dbag. Toss it all together with the stunt of assaulting someone at the NYC championships and man handling his wife.
    Not someone that we should be supporting in this small community by even spending the time listening to his crap.

I used to listen to C2C; but mainly just tune in to the Australian one once in a bit.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Praises Stern
    "World under glass"

And when he calls Crazy Levi “Leveee”

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Well, being completely honest here, there are 1000's of people on pinside. When the whole Heighway thing was going on, his podcast was about the only thing saying that you need to get out, the company is in trouble, while all such comments on pinside were shouted down or moderated. I think I specifically remember a post from Mr68 or something like that trying to help that was given a lot of wrath.
    So say what you will about him, he was legitimately trying to help a bunch of people whereas pinside really wasn't. I'm not saying all of his podcasts are great or warranted, but in that particular situation he was one person trying to help. And there have been other instances like that.

that is not the case at all. Go back and look at the timeline of what was being said and when it was being said.

#123 5 years ago

Could someone please do a tech help podcast or even better YouTube channel? I’d like to see a really good flipper rebuild & other tech stuff that’s very detailed on a variety of systems.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I think Ron and Bruce at Slam Tilt provide the best all-around tech advice for solid state and newer games. They are true pinball "geeks" and seem to really know early Bally and older Stern games inside and out. I also appreciate their extensive gameplay knowledge of non-EM games.

This does remind me bingopodcast should have a mention (it is one of my 16 after all!). For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast (hope I typed that all right). If you want to know about EM games, this is the only podcast I am aware of that gives them significant time. There are a lot of episodes but most of them have short run-times for those more interested in small-duration shows. Lots of tech talk.

#125 5 years ago

Head2Head is definitely the best one going right now. Guys are funny, insightful and generally keep things moving even though they can get long, they're rarely boring. Great interviews.

I still listen to K's usually to get my latest news and pinball developments from since I don't have much time anymore to browse Pinside as much as I used to. He often does make good points, although like others said is often hypocritical too.. it's ok though, at least he's not afraid to admit he was wrong on things.. (The Tony Montana bit was one of the most cringe worthy episodes ever though.. couldn't finish that..)

Special When Lit is a nice new one that I've been digging more as well. They came out of nowhere and doing a good job.

I love the short Pinball Profile bite sized episodes / interviews.

Eclectic Gamers is usually pretty good too. I enjoy their perspective on things.

I really miss Pinheadz.. Hope they come back.

The others I used to listen to often I kind of stopped.. they're either way too long, not very concise; too much local tournament talk... some of them just sound horribly bored or tired half the time..

#126 5 years ago

I listen to podcasts in the car on my commute. Of the pinball stuff I really like Pinball Profile, H2H, Slam Tilt and Pinball Players Podcast.

#127 5 years ago

I'll never understand how anyone can make it through a full episode of that.

#128 5 years ago

Head to head has good content and interviews tend to be interesting but the Australian accents and constant fake over the top laughter are unlistenable. Especially nasally sounding Australian accents. Not a knock on Australians or anything but some voices are just not suited for “radio”. There are other offenders in the pinball podcast community as well where the vocal delivery is just grating and painful. Some podcasts are only tolerable at 1.5 or 2.0 speed. Some of these people talk so damn slow and drawn out that they only sound like normal humans at faster speed. Again, content is one thing but let’s not overlook actual vocal delivery skill and talent.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If H2H were under an hour, I would listen to them much more.

If it takes a year to get guys like Lyman Sheats, Gomez, Roger Sharpe on I'll let him talk for as long as they want and ask him as many questions as I can.
    These guys are super busy. It's not like we are going to get access to them every single time we want.

If you want I could split each episode up into 45 minute chucks and upload 1 every 3 days... But isn't that the same thing?

If something is $100... And you pay for it in 5 easy instalments of $20 are you really saving anything? Just save up for the entrie thing aka use the pause button.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

Could someone please do a tech help podcast or even better YouTube channel? I’d like to see a really good flipper rebuild &amp; other tech stuff that’s very detailed on a variety of systems.

Not professional by any means. My remake videos will likely be getting added to :

check out the other videos.

LTG : )

#131 5 years ago

I currently listen to 2 podcasts :
    Kaneda’s pinball podcast and SDTM.
    These 2 have the most entertainment and information value. IMO

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And when he calls Crazy Levi “Leveee”

Levi has stated that the correct pronunciation of his name is Lev - ee (rhymes with heavy).

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Levi has stated that the correct pronunciation of his name is Lev - ee (rhymes with heavy).

Miss American Pie works too!

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

If it takes a year to get guys like Lyman Sheats, Gomez, Roger Sharpe on I'll let him talk for as long as they want and ask him as many questions as I can.
    These guys are super busy. It's not like we are going to get access to them every single time we want.
    If you want I could split each episode up into 45 minute chucks and upload 1 every 3 days... But isn't that the same thing?
    If something is $100... And you pay for it in 5 easy instalments of $20 are you really saving anything? Just save up for the entrie thing aka use the pause button.

My feedback for you guys would be to split it up into 45 min to 1 hr chunks

It really does make a difference imo

People just tune out if it’s any longer. Last podcast you guys did I went to about the 30 minute mark and started listening during my workout and then 45 min later I’m done

When I do my seminar presentations it’s REALLY hard to keep it at an hour but after hundreds of them I finally started listening to the audience and other professionals and make sure I didn’t go over that 1 hr now

Went from 2 hours down to 1. Much better AND it makes you more focused and concise versus rambling on to hear yourself talk

But hey, it’s your gig, do what makes you happy. Just a suggestion

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not professional by any means. My remake videos will likely be getting added to :

Thanks so much Lloyd.! Can you tell me what your YouTube username is? Also when will you be adding the other repair videos or tips? Thanks again

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Cant wait to watch these videos. Thanks LTG!

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Some people don't want to listen to negativity. Some people don't want to hear the prediction of the downfall of pinball ALL the time.
    This company is going to collapse
    This company is going to collapse
    This company is going to collapse.
    *company collapses*
    See! I told you it would collapse! This is the ONLY podcast that will tell you the truth!
    Oktoberfest is the worst theme ever
    *no one from AP comes on his show*
    I don't get why people don't want to come on my show! I'm respectful to all my guests!
    Batman 66 SLE is a rip off and everyone who buys one is an idiot.
    *buys Batman66 SLE*
    It's the best game ever. It will hold price. But diamond edition Beatles is a rip off.
    It's easy to be right when you take both sides and condridict yourself almost all the time.
    Pinside can be an echo chamber sometimes especially when it pertains to negativity.
    If only there was a way to prove that there are more people out there that enjoy things that aren't always concentrated on the negative.
    Ohh wait there is.
    Here is your episode on someone else's podcast.
    And here is your episode 53 on our podcast.
    The biggest thing I've noticed this year in Pinball is that everyone enjoys it differently. A title expensive games, cheap C titles. Restoring. Selling. Collection. P
    Playing tournaments, running tournaments. Creating pinballs, streaming.
    Let people enjoy the hobby they want to enjoy it.
    If you spend time shitting on people for enjoying the same hobby differently than you then maybe you should take a step back. If someone wants to buy a supreme pinball machine then it shouldn't have any effect on your happiness in the hobby.
    My tips for enjoying podcasts.
    Don't listen to them and do nothing else! Listen to them when you have time like driving, fixing pins etc.
    Don't listen on iTunes. Download a podcast app that's allows custom. Accelerated listening. Some people just sound better at 1.2 or 1.8x speed. Depending on how slow they talk and how fast your brain works. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.... that was harsh. I think K does a great job speaking his mind. It's not like you guys ever get negative. I remember not too long ago when they announced Oktoberfest and you specificlly were super negative. But hey I don't mind when podcasts point out the negative. K does try to point out the flaws of the industry... sometimes he is right sometimes he is wrong. All I know is that he wants better pinball. And at the end of the day don't we all?

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

Can you tell me what your YouTube username is?

I'm not sure - does this help ? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9IaF8Ha9WZ2JcoB8A6pqEQ/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Quoted from scampcamp:

Also when will you be adding the other repair videos or tips?

So far other than goofing around, it has been when PPS/CGC asks for something. Usually to help new first time pinball owners. So no idea.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Even though it seems like there are a fair number...is there room for more? Should they have a more narrow focus? There is: gossip, news, restoring, repair, playing, tournaments, collecting, the industry, and more. Everyone cares about some combination of these things...but they also don't want to hear about the stuff they're not into. What's the fix for that? Shorter episodes with a narrow focus that are tagged so that people can only tune into the ones they care about?

I recently started listening to This Week in Pinball. I am most interested in news/gossip, and they do a pretty good job of summarizing.

I also have been listening to This Flippin Podcast for probably a year now. I enjoy it, but sometimes over half the episode is devoted to tournament talk, and I'm just not into the tournament scene.

#140 5 years ago

I listen to to five podcasts regularly and enjoy the variety in style, focus and content. Always learning something new or gaining a new perspective. The interviews offer best value, while the regular commentary is entertaining. The cost to listen is zero, so all the podcasts that are churned out are done for free. Who could complain about that?

#141 5 years ago

I only listen to Kanedas. I do not always agree with him but he is entertaining. However I would not miss the tony Montana bit or the fake interviews. Can’t fault a guy for trying but I did not care for those two aspects the podcast. The nice thing about his podcast is that he can be blunt without worrying about the repercussions.

#142 5 years ago

Well Kman got to this issue quick!

45 minutes, glad you took my advice

Now, what's the point of all you guys getting all butt hurt about some petty personal comments? You can criticize and troll US and then can't take a little ball busting? Wtf

Used to be we would all go at it, passionate heated fun and then hug it out the next day.

Everybody needs to lighten the F up.

All of you narcissistic pricks have great shows, they are all different. There is no right or wrong, just like in pinball machines.

Life is great, pinball is great! Carry on.

#143 5 years ago

Kaneda is by far the most entertaining IMO. Keeps it short and sweet with no filler. Speaks his mind with zero f**ks given. Pretty much all I can ask for in a podcast.

I do enjoy SDTM, TWIP and about half of each H2H episode as well.

#144 5 years ago

Head to Head got me into podcasts full stop. Marty and Ryan bounce off each other really well, content is great, guests are even better. They introduced me to the Slam Tilt podcast and I've been an avid listener of theirs since. They work so well together and are incredibly entertaining. I don't mind Pinball Profile on occasion and Mrs Pin... that's probably it..

#145 5 years ago

Kanedas is clearly the best podcast available at this point. Entertaining, current, and honest. He doesn't represent the entire hobby, but he damn sure isn't influenced easily as others, hence he wont tiptoe...
    It is entertainment, not gospel for crying out loud. And why are people not saying his name, he is not Beetlejuice for shit sake, how sensitive of an issue is that?
    If you guys have never listened to Clay's topcasts, you should those are killer..,

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

...And why are people not saying his name, he is not Beetlejuice for shit sake, how sensitive of an issue is that?

Lol, I noticed that as well. I wrote his full name just to see what would happen. Sleeping with one eye open tonight.

#147 5 years ago

No

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

And why are people not saying his name, he is not Beetlejuice for shit sake, how sensitive of an issue is that?

Because they don't want to get moderated. I mentioned his name 3 weeks ago and was moderated.

#149 5 years ago

No

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Head to head has good content and interviews tend to be interesting but the Australian accents and constant fake over the top laughter are unlistenable. Especially nasally sounding Australian accents. Not a knock on Australians or anything but some voices are just not suited for “radio”. There are other offenders in the pinball podcast community as well where the vocal delivery is just grating and painful. Some podcasts are only tolerable at 1.5 or 2.0 speed. Some of these people talk so damn slow and drawn out that they only sound like normal humans at faster speed. Again, content is one thing but let’s not overlook actual vocal delivery skill and talent.

Keep in mind there's differences between regional dialects as well. A person from North Carolina isn't going to sound like a person from Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variation_in_Australian_English#Broad,_general_and_cultivated_Australian

Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Wow.... that was harsh. I think K does a great job speaking his mind. It's not like you guys ever get negative. I remember not too long ago when they announced Oktoberfest and you specificlly were super negative. But hey I don't mind when podcasts point out the negative. K does try to point out the flaws of the industry... sometimes he is right sometimes he is wrong. All I know is that he wants better pinball. And at the end of the day don't we all?

K to his credit will at least speak out and hold his viewpoint regardless on political hot potato issues.

H2H won't touch any subject that will negatively affect their local online forum standing - e.g. the rise and inevitable fall of Homepin. Covered the first part in spades then went radio silent on the second because he was at the time active as a commercial sponsor on at least one local forum.

There are 586 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts/page/3?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.