(Topic ID: 57606)

Do you like WILLIAMS - Johnny Mnemonic (YES/NO)?

By Jean-Luc-Picard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you like WILLIAMS - Johnny Mnemonic (YES/NO)?”

• YES 53 votes
    79%
  • NO 14 votes
    21%

(67 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0435.JPG
JM_3.JPG
JM_1.JPG
JM2.jpg
JM1.jpg
image.jpg
JM_5.JPG
IMG_2472.JPG
vcab.jpg
JMBR.jpg
Iphone_11-12_008.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 10 years ago

I own a pretty nice JM and it is fun to play and the overall sound package is decent and gives a good bit of rumble with the various wooshing sounds the game makes (with the factory speakers). Avatar is my baby and getting used to JM after it is a big change considering how it seems like there is so much stuff "in the way" compared to a more open middle playfield area. Someone said they hired a KR actor to do the voices... did they...? or did he just sound that way in the movie? I watched the movie since I got it and wasn't so sure that all of the noises were re-recorded or at least not the original actors doing dub in things like they do for edited for TV movies. Some TV edited movies sound way better than others and I'm convinced that SOME movies do use the same actors to replace the words they'd have to bleep out on regular TV. Anyway... great game especially if you can hit the shots cleanly. Having said that I may be looking to sell it in the near future for space and monetary reasons because for my personal taste my Avatar isn't going anywhere and if one of my 2 pins needs to go I'm holding onto Avatar 1st. Keep in mind I'm one of those people that saw Avatar some 7-8 times in 3D I-max.. so for me the theme and sounds for THAT game are perfect.

#119 10 years ago

I like it better than JM, but most people would probably have the opposite view. There is a reason it is one of the bang for the buck pins and Avatar isn't. Matter of personal tastes in both theme and playfield design to some degree. I won't lie.. I got it with the hopes that one day the Matrix conversion will be a reality for people that might want one converted and I wanted to at least check it out first. I think re-themed l would like it a lot better even though it does not change the physical layout of the game. They are both good, but IMO nearly polar opposites in several ways.

#128 10 years ago

JM's are in the $2,000-$2500 range for decent ones I'd say. I'm sure you can find them for less in some markets and as alwas on CL where people have no idea of the value. Mine was just a shade over $2,300 and the playfield had been recently polished and LED'd with the exception of the pop bumpers and Crazy Bob's sign and maybe the matrix bulbs... Also the backbox is still incandescent. I saw someone recently LED the backbox on a JM and it looked AMAZING... That might be something I do soon. The cabinet is faded to an orange with the front being a bit more yellow'd and in decent shape too. Overall I was happy with the price for condition of the machine.... the hand was rebuilt just before I got it also... it works great.

#160 10 years ago

I actually thought that the art was SUPPOSED to be orange and then found out it started out red after reading around here. It is pretty easy to see because anyone that has one it will be the original color under the legs where it gets no daylight. My JM isn't faded to the extent some are, but still faded. Not sure what 'grade' this fade is, but here is a pic. The front is more yellow for sure than the sides, but even so.. other than a collector who is really gonna know that is "fade". Still looks good to me.. since again.. you're not playing the fade. Anyone with 4-10 pins would just likely stick it in between the others and never see anything but the front anyway. IMO if games had a problem with fading translites that would be a much bigger issue for me since that IS part of the game you see quite prominently.

DSCN0435.JPGDSCN0435.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-like-williams-johnny-mnemonic-yesno?tu=bub2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.