(Topic ID: 57606)

Do you like WILLIAMS - Johnny Mnemonic (YES/NO)?

By Jean-Luc-Picard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you like WILLIAMS - Johnny Mnemonic (YES/NO)?”

• YES 53 votes
    79%
  • NO 14 votes
    21%

(67 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0435.JPG
JM_3.JPG
JM_1.JPG
JM2.jpg
JM1.jpg
image.jpg
JM_5.JPG
IMG_2472.JPG
vcab.jpg
JMBR.jpg
Iphone_11-12_008.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Any vs. thread has the potential.

EDIT: Er I meant any "do you like" thread is bound to start a ton of pages.

Which was not my intention BTW. Not a Karma Whore.

LOL as I make 4 pages... sigh

#152 10 years ago

Well always 4 out of 5 dentists agree....the one needs a little help to believe, the guy "Peer" with the matrix pinball has an enviable 35 pin collection, he has every high ranking game you could think of....MM, MB, TOTAN, CV, etc...etc. He says JM is his favorite game bar none. I've also had some great games in my collection and in terms of fun factor I think JM blows them away.

#153 10 years ago

4 pages=JM under-rated? Thoughts?

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

4 pages=JM under-rated? Thoughts?

It is underrated.

It's a way better game than its price commands. No doubt about that.

#155 10 years ago

I think a couple of reasons the price is so low are #1, people look at the cab and say, I don't want a game where the colors are all REALLY faded, it looks like s@#!t and I don't want it in my line-up and #2 the mechanics of the hand scares the hell out of alot of people (it did me) and think it's going to break ALL the time and they will be constantly trying to fix it. My two cents.

Didn't someone a while write a tutoral with pictures on how to tear the hand apart and fix it? I would love to save it in my Favorites as should all JM owners.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think a couple of reasons the price is so low are #1, people look at the cab and say, I don't want a game where the colors are all REALLY faded, it looks like s@#!t and I don't want it in my line-up and #2 the mechanics of the hand scares the hell out of alot of people (it did me) and think it's going to break ALL the time and they will be constantly trying to fix it. My two cents.
Didn't someone a while write a tutoral with pictures on how to tear the hand apart and fix it? I would love to save it in my Favorites as should all JM owners.

If you find it, post it.

I guess I got lucky with my cab... almost no fade. The machine just feels absolutely ROCK SOLID.

#157 10 years ago

You sure did, now how do you keep it that way so it doesn't end up looking like mine. When I got my JM a few weeks ago I looked but no luck. Yes it is a VERY solidly built game.

JM_1.JPGJM_1.JPG JM_3.JPGJM_3.JPG

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The cab fade is an issue, mine is faded pretty good. But I dont play the cab art...LOL! The hand mech is an easy tear down/fix. Its easily accessible, and parts are not hard to find. Ive talked to several owners and none have had issues with theirs.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from 27dnast:

If you find it, post it.

I think this is the thread to which he is referring:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-johnny-mnemonic-hand-motor-noisy

Chris

#160 10 years ago

I actually thought that the art was SUPPOSED to be orange and then found out it started out red after reading around here. It is pretty easy to see because anyone that has one it will be the original color under the legs where it gets no daylight. My JM isn't faded to the extent some are, but still faded. Not sure what 'grade' this fade is, but here is a pic. The front is more yellow for sure than the sides, but even so.. other than a collector who is really gonna know that is "fade". Still looks good to me.. since again.. you're not playing the fade. Anyone with 4-10 pins would just likely stick it in between the others and never see anything but the front anyway. IMO if games had a problem with fading translites that would be a much bigger issue for me since that IS part of the game you see quite prominently.

DSCN0435.JPGDSCN0435.JPG

#161 10 years ago

YUP, that's it. Thanks SU. A lot of JM owners probably thank you too.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I actually thought that the art was SUPPOSED to be orange and then found out it started out red after reading around here. It is pretty easy to see because anyone that has one it will be the original color under the legs where it gets no daylight. My JM isn't faded to the extent some are, but still faded. Not sure what 'grade' this fade is, but here is a pic. The front is more yellow for sure than the sides, but even so.. other than a collector who is really gonna know that is "fade". Still looks good to me.. since again.. you're not playing the fade. Anyone with 4-10 pins would just likely stick it in between the others and never see anything but the front anyway. IMO if games had a problem with fading translites that would be a much bigger issue for me since that IS part of the game you see quite prominently.

yeah, what were they thinking when they used that type of red ink, they had to have known it was going to fade so why didn't they spend about $1 more when they were printing them and put a VU clear over it. I think the term I'm looking for is "built in obsolescence".

#163 10 years ago

In terms of JM cab fade, let's all be honest here. My IJ, TZ, GNR, WH20, I'd care if they were faded. Even my Radical! My JD is nice, my JM has some fade but it's only JD and JM. Don't get my wrong, I love them both, but we're not talking about top 10 games here.

If I'm like most people, not every game can be a showpiece, and these are great players.

#164 10 years ago

I just got over 21 billion on my JM the other day......POWER DOWN!

Oh....and unlike LOTR it didn't take 2hrs either.....hell not even 30 minutes. Just another reason I love JM.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In terms of JM cab fade, let's all be honest here. My IJ, TZ, GNR, WH20, I'd care if they were faded. Even my Radical! My JD is nice, my JM has some fade but it's only JD and JM. Don't get my wrong, I love them both, but we're not talking about top 10 games here.
If I'm like most people, not every game can be a showpiece, and these are great players.

I know, it's just after spending money on stuff I just want it to look nice.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I just got over 21 billion on my JM the other day......POWER DOWN!
Oh....and unlike LOTR it didn't take 2hrs either.....hell not even 30 minutes. Just another reason I love JM.

Damn. I'm lucky to get 3 billion. How long you have yours?

#167 10 years ago

Have you ever been to power down? A decent power down score is at least 10bil. A horrible power down is about 3bil.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Have you ever been to power down? A decent power down score is at least 10bil. A horrible power down is about 3bil.

That 3 b was a while ago and I don't remember. I've got so much going on right now I'm lucky I can remember my name.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Umm, about 3 months, and it spent about two weeks of that torn down to get new decals and in the last month I've probably played it about 6 times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-like-williams-johnny-mnemonic-yesno/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.