(Topic ID: 42784)

Do you like to work on Pins? I do. Central NJ area.

By Kane

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ink_blot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1968.JPG
    DSCF1963.JPG
    DSCF1668.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

I’ve been trying to figure out how to post something like this without coming across like a complete wack job. Here it goes.
    I like to work on pins. I’ve been doing it for a few years now and I’m not afraid to tear down a machine and put it back together. I have the tools. I have the space. There’s just 2 things I don’t have. The ability to use an ohm meter and enough red pigment in my eyes (I’m color blind). Which makes it a real b*tch to deal with complicated wiring.
    Maybe you like to work on pins but just don’t have the space/tools/spray booth etc. But you can test diodes in your sleep. 2 sets of hands are better than 1 and I like to work on pins whether they're mine or not.
    Here’s a couple of pics. PM me if you have any interest.

Post edited by Kane : wrong pictures

#2 11 years ago

More pics

DSCF1963.JPGDSCF1963.JPG DSCF1968.JPGDSCF1968.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Nice Work Shop Kane
    I bet you can make some nice replacement cabs if you wanted

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

I’ve been trying to figure out how to post something like this without coming across like a complete wack job. Here it goes.
    I like to work on pins. I’ve been doing it for a few years now and I’m not afraid to tear down a machine and put it back together. I have the tools. I have the space. There’s just 2 things I don’t have. The ability to use an ohm meter and enough red pigment in my eyes (I’m color blind). Which makes it a real b*tch to deal with complicated wiring.
    Maybe you like to work on pins but just don’t have the space/tools/spray booth etc. But you can test diodes in your sleep. 2 sets of hands are better than 1 and I like to work on pins whether they're mine or not.
    Here’s a couple of pics. PM me if you have any interest.
    Post edited by Kane : wrong pictures

Bummer because I'm right in south Jersey. I have been in the hobby since 08. I restored a few early 80's Bally and Stern games. My problem is time and limited space. I feel your pain about the color blindness. I have a permanent loss of vision to my right eye from a childhood injury but I see color very well. By the looks of youe shop, you do mostly wood working? The previous post from HDC is probably true. You could make a huge contribution to the hobby if you can replicate pin cabs.
    Rich

#5 11 years ago

Nope, just like to play them. I do it when I have to but I get really bummed out when something goes wrong and I have to work on it.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bamaro:

Nope, just like to play them. I do it when I have to but I get really bummed out when something goes wrong and I have to work on it.

I actually look forward to when things go wrong (crazy I know). I think fixing pinball machines is just as fun as playing them. Plus, when you finally fix a problem that has eluded every attempt you've made to correct it it's just such a great sense of satisfaction. I guess I'm just daft, but that's how I look at it.

Oh and btw, OP that is a fantastic looking workshop. Sadly, I live in Canada, so I cannot help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-like-to-work-on-pins-i-do-central-nj-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.