(Topic ID: 221467)

Do You Like to Watch Pinball?

By pinlink

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like to watch pinball?”

• Yes 81 votes
      54%
    • No 62 votes
      41%
    • Other 8 votes
      5%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

confused-computer (resized).jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I only post when I'm at work or drinking.
    Or work drinking, and many times when drink working.

Oh yeah, when there's nothing better to do.

You don't think we waste much of our quality free time doing this, or watching some dude play pinball on a stream now do ya? Then we'd really need to get a life! lol.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe I'm missing all that action!

You and all the other Malcontent Mollys will eat your words one day when live pinball is packing arenas! Besides, you probably just aren't tuning into the right shows. You don't think you'd be entertained by a streamed Struggle Buggies tourny?

Quoted from pinlink:

Hell yes! That is awesome, Levi!

Totally agree. Way more people streaming/podcasting than ever it seems.
    By the way, I think you are one of the best commentators in pinball. Hilarious and very knowledgeable. Keep it up!

Thanks Link. Maybe one day Odin will tune in and I can dazzle him when I go from Beef to Booth.

I'd really rather be playing in the final 4 but booth is a fun fallback when it doesn't happen.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s because you’re on here posting 24/7 365

How anybody who posts here regularly can ever pull the "get a life!" card has always been beyond me.

Either you are a nerd who posts here or you aren't, there's no middle ground. You aren't somehow cooler cause you just post here 5 times a day instead of 10!

Ok I think I covered everything.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't think you'd be entertained by a streamed Struggle Buggies tourny?

If pinsider fireball2 buys it like he says he's going to, we may just get that. If he's got the time to hang out with Lou Ferrigno, perhaps a taped or streamed Struggle Buggies tourney is well within in his wheelhouse.

#54 5 years ago

Not too often , but for short times. I do recall watching Lyman Sheets in1994 at the amoa show? Tearing up STTNG !

1 week later
    #55 5 years ago

The ability to watch people play pinball across the country/globe is amazing. I love it.
    Thanks for all the kind words, and all the hard work every-other streamer puts in to bring pinheads content!

#56 5 years ago

The wife and I watched the finals over the weekend and it was fun to watch. Personally I enjoy watching EMs more as its easier to follow and understand the goals but PAPA did a great job this year on the broadcast.

#57 5 years ago

Yes & No

Yes - New game just released, my only option to see and hear game play. I also enjoy watching other people having fun playing my games (not video)

No - Just watching a video of someone playing just to play isn’t something I particularly enjoy.

4 weeks later
    #58 5 years ago

Watched a lot of Deadpool streaming latey. I likey

#59 5 years ago

Going through Classics I at Buffalo. Some of my favorite games and I prefer to watch the older games, they're easier to follow:

#60 5 years ago

^^^^agreed...watched a lot of Fathom games from that stream.

#62 5 years ago

Still hard to believe the latest streams are sponsored by Dominos and Ebay. Great signs for the future of competitive pinball!

2 years later
    #63 3 years ago

I still watch a video or two. Takes me back to when I was young just by the sound of the machine or maybe that should be in the thread- You know your getting old....

#64 3 years ago

Thread resurection!

I think pinball streaming has greatly increased in popularity recenty. I know I've been watching a lot, especially for TMNT and AIQ. Its crazy to think about it, but people are dropping thousands of dollars for a toy they haven't even seen in real life (I'm one of them), and a lot of that is thanks to streaming.

Jack Danger is doing a lot of the hobby

#65 3 years ago

I love everyone who is helping push pinball streaming, but my favorite thing to watch are classics tournaments. I find it so much easier to track what is happening, and most importantly the decisions the players are making and moves. Ball times tend to be shorter, which makes really great runs stand out. Plus, older machines are less busy looking, so when you shrink them down to fit on a screen, they look nicer.

6 months later
    #66 3 years ago

Happy to see Karl bringing back the tourney re-runs over the last several weeks to remind us what normal used to look like...hoping we are only a few months away from starting it up again.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-like-to-watch-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.