(Topic ID: 231546)

Goth, Industrial, Post-punk and alternative music Discussion thread.

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230605_211832.jpg
Peace_war (resized).jpg
Goth_Light (resized).JPG
Cure_tirl (resized).JPG
7602FF06-48CC-459F-BAF2-9C5AED1F3BB6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
il_570xN.1421125638_dt6g (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razerx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm a Numanoid. Saw him in concert this past September. The Fall is my favorite track.

Gary Numan has been making great music for decades now. The Fall is a fantastic track and probably my fave too. Fave overall album is probably Strange Charm that's got alot of great 80s synth in it and really dig the first track, My Breathing.

3 weeks later
#110 5 years ago

Very cool video remixing the old Silly Symphonies Skeleton Dance, nice!. A very popular track at my old stomping ground and Greg Haus who posted the video is one of the great Chicago DJs I've had the pleasure of spinning with. Good times!

#111 5 years ago

This FLA video is still one of the coolest I've ever seen, and a great song too. I remember when I first saw it on 120 minutes in the early 90's and was blown away by the production quality.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Love it!
Did you see them at Coldwaves this year in Chicago? My husband was in C-Tec who were playing Coldwaves this year, so we went to all three events (NY, Chicago, LA).
I grew up in the middle of the nowhere in Ohio, so 120 minutes was my saving grace to survival, LOL.

Very cool, which member is your husband? Darker is such a great album. Couldn't make it to Cold Waves this year, but I really only wanted to see FLA and C-Tec out of that lineup anyway. Seen FLA several times over the years and saw C-Tec a couple times in the late 90's, once was also at Metro I think. I know the other time was at Dome Room but hard to remember now. I think I might actually still have a couple concert shirts from them.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Ged Denton. Yeah, they had two US tours, one in '98 and one in '99. I might have seen you there! We love Chicago and have gone every year in September since the Wax Trax Retrospectacle back in 2011 before Cold Waves kicked off.
We stayed in an AIRBNB in Wicker Park this year, so got to check out my first ever barcade at the Emporium.

You might have! Too bad Pinball Expo doesn't overlap with your trips to Chicago. Emporium is cool, but make sure to check out Logan Arcade too since it's also right in the area. Dig that place, nice game selection. I was resident DJ on Friday nights at a club called Neo for many years (similar vibe to the Castle in Ybor) and I can't tell you how many times I played Stateless, often via request. It was a dancefloor favorite for sure. Does Ged share your pinball addiction?

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Cool, maybe we'll stay in the Bucktown area this year and we can check out Logan. We used to always stay around Diversey and Clark to be near the Metro, but have started to venture out to see more of Chicago each year. Since you were a DJ did you ever run into the DJ of the Smart Bar, Steve Jensen? Super nice guy. We have always liked playing pinball and Dr Who was his all time fav, so got it for him for his bday awhile back. He would rather play it than fix it, and I love taking things apart, so I've been assigned to maintenance while he works on music. But after all that I'm putting into it, I'm going to start practicing so I can actually beat him at some point... lol

Diversey and Clark is not a bad place to be but also not as fun as it once was. You do still have the legendary Gramaphone records right there. Neo was just a few blocks south of there, RIP. Outside of Smarbar and maybe Underground Lounge, I'm not even sure what else is still out that way club wise. Wicker Park/Bucktown is probably more hoppin these days with more options of different places to try. Don't think I know Steve Jensen, name sounds vaguely familiar though. I moved out of the city and been out of the scene for quite a while now and just pop back in occasionally. Can't live that life forever, lol. DW is a fun game and not too terrible to work on, except that time expander mech can be a beast. Watch some of the on-line tutorials and you can learn a lot towards becoming a better player. Check out Bowen's PAPA tutorial on DW. He makes it look easy, but there is big points to be had with that upper left flipper to ramp loop shot getting some good points while building up your playfield multiplier, especially for multiball jackpots. Don't tell him about it and you can probably start beating him

1 year later
#235 3 years ago

Love me some And One and VNV. Just loaded up my Metallica with some old club favorites which include Panzer Mensch and Fearless (vocal).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razerx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-like-goth-or-industrial-music-discussion-thread-?tu=razerx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.