(Topic ID: 231546)

Goth, Industrial, Post-punk and alternative music Discussion thread.

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230605_211832.jpg
Peace_war (resized).jpg
Goth_Light (resized).JPG
Cure_tirl (resized).JPG
7602FF06-48CC-459F-BAF2-9C5AED1F3BB6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
il_570xN.1421125638_dt6g (resized).jpg
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
9 months later
#253 9 months ago

Just saw The Cure last night in Tampa, great show.

#254 9 months ago

Nice to see this thread. Lots of bands I used to see from way back in the day.
Not sure where these guys fit in with a lot of this, but how about:

Loop
Spacemen 3

#255 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What should not be forgotten is New Order - Ceremony, one of the greatest darkest albums ever made. Real good DVD Fac 316 from that time also.
Why do all the good bands get happy and suck?

Fun fact about the Joy Division song Ceremony, Ian Curtis never wrote down the lyrics so after his death Bernard Sumner had the task of taking the only 3 known recordings and trying to decipher what he was actually singing. The JD versions are downright haunting compared to NO as Curtis really sounds pained as he mumbles through the lyrics and as most know hanged himself a week or so later.

#256 9 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Fun fact about the Joy Division song Ceremony, Ian Curtis never wrote down the lyrics so after his death Bernard Sumner had the task of taking the only 3 known recordings and trying to decipher what he was actually singing. The JD versions are downright haunting compared to NO as Curtis really sounds pained as he mumbles through the lyrics and as most know hanged himself a week or so later.

So tragic.

#257 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:Just saw The Cure last night in Tampa

Smith definitely doesnt cheat his fans - I imagine that entire 2nd encore to be exhilarating and nobody was sitting.

I am a little torn on his 'no ticket transfers' policy since I am the kind of fan that would rather pay extra on the secondary market for Club Box seats than take my chances with whatever Ticketmaster is currently calling 'best available'

#258 9 months ago

Do I saw Sisters of Mercy and is wasn't as bad as i was expecting; which apprently is a victory.
I heard so much negstiv3 press I thought it was going to be dreadfull and it was better than rhat. Eldridge def is old and cranky, and doesn't like to sing a lot. How you can open with "Ribbons" and not 1 "INCOMING" at the end is just a crime. But it sounded like SOM and when he sang it was good. Guitarist Goth Pauly D stilebthe show anyway

20230605_211832.jpg20230605_211832.jpg
#259 9 months ago

Ha! Yeah Eldritch was pretty cranky when he was younger so there’s no reason to believe he will be less so with age. Also he seems to have a general distaste for us in the states so I was genuinely surprised they are touring here. His voice is typically not as deep live as it was in studio on the few live tracks I have. Also, search for “Gimme, Gimme, Gimme” if you never heard that cover before. It’s just a collision of two bands I never expected to hear. It’s a pretty bad recording but you have to hear it once.

Glad you enjoyed the show. They aren’t coming close enough to me to see them.

INCOMING!!!

#260 9 months ago

You can also watch entire concerts from the Cure from this tour. I think it's cool that the group isn't taking these down. It's not the same as the concert experience but my seats weren't that good so I couldn't see the stage as well as on the recorded concerts.

I think some bands only worry abut the dollars and they won't allow anyone to enjoy anything unless they are paying. But to me it seems like The Cure is OK with people watching concert videos maybe they can't afford a concert or just want to re-watch the concert they enjoyed or see different versions of the concert.

#261 9 months ago

Like Loop, but was more into Main, their Hydra-Calm EP was excellent!

#262 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Like Loop, but was more into Main, their Hydra-Calm EP was excellent!

I've heard of Main, but I don't think I've heard anything by them. I will have to check them out.
I saw LOOP several years ago in Detroit. Maybe it's been 10 years now. It was fantastic.
Like standing in front of a jet engine as it fires up. A beautiful, comforting jet engine that wrapped me in it's sound and removed everything else from my world.
I'd go see that again in a heartbeat.

#263 9 months ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

Like standing in front of a jet engine as it fires up. A beautiful, comforting jet engine that wrapped me in it's sound and removed everything else from my world.

Excellent description! Sounds like an unforgettable experience! So Hampson has gone back to forming Loop again, I didn't know that! Will have to check their 'post-Main' stuff out! Main started with a sound that you could say was a really heavy version of Loop in their Hydra and Calm 12", which was merged into the Hydra-Calm EP... their sound then 'evolved' into something very droney... I prefer their less droney stuff. I saw them play during both periods, and at the 'droney period' gig they came on stage and were preparing their instruments in a kind of sound-check which seemed to go on for ages... people in the audience were watching attentively as they were doing this, and slowly it dawned on me that it was the actual gig!

7 months later
#264 67 days ago

Been listening to way much Theatre of Hate recently... Their songs tend to burn themselves into my head and stay their for weeks! Simply can't get Original Sin out of my head... as soon as I wake up, it's there!

There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-like-goth-or-industrial-music-discussion-thread-/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.