Goth, Industrial, Post-punk and alternative music Discussion thread.

(Topic ID: 231546)

Goth, Industrial, Post-punk and alternative music Discussion thread.

By rai

38 days ago

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by neemypeemy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Goth_Light (resized).JPG
Cure_tirl (resized).JPG
7602FF06-48CC-459F-BAF2-9C5AED1F3BB6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
il_570xN.1421125638_dt6g (resized).jpg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 14 days ago

Sister Machine Gun

#102 14 days ago

Recoil... this is a journey, kicks off at 3:27

#103 14 days ago

C-Tec (Industrial side project with singer from Front242, drummer from Nitzerebb and keyboardists from Cubanate and Crisis NTI.)

#104 14 days ago

Tones on tail

#105 14 days ago

Butthole surfers

#106 14 days ago
Quoted from cutlerkeith:

Love all these bands but maybe represent some of the goth dance (darkwave) music as well.
Icon of Coil
Covenant
VNV Nation
Wolfshiem
Project Pitchfork
Depeche Mode
Blutengel
She want revenge
Wumpscut
Diorama
Seabound
Rotersand
Gotta go old school didnt see anyone even mention siouxsie and the banshees

Thank you for sharing! From this list bands that I haven't heard of that I liked and will be checking out more are She want revenge, Wumpscut, Seabound and Rotersand.

#107 14 days ago

Tones on Tail "performance" is still tops with me... Of course "Rain" is hard one to beat.

#108 14 days ago

It was great to see The Cure and Radiohead being inducted in to the Music Hall of Fame! Kinda brings legitimacy to my “alternative” choices in music. Not bad Def Leapord got in as well.

#109 14 days ago

don't know if this was mentioned before

#110 13 days ago

Very cool video remixing the old Silly Symphonies Skeleton Dance, nice!. A very popular track at my old stomping ground and Greg Haus who posted the video is one of the great Chicago DJs I've had the pleasure of spinning with. Good times!

#111 9 days ago

This FLA video is still one of the coolest I've ever seen, and a great song too. I remember when I first saw it on 120 minutes in the early 90's and was blown away by the production quality.

#112 9 days ago
Quoted from RazerX:

This FLA video is still one of the coolest I've ever seen, and a great song too. I remember when I first saw it on 120 minutes in the early 90's and was blown away by the production quality.

Love it!

Did you see them at Coldwaves this year in Chicago? My husband was in C-Tec who were playing Coldwaves this year, so we went to all three events (NY, Chicago, LA).

I grew up in the middle of the nowhere in Ohio, so 120 minutes was my saving grace to survival, LOL.

#113 9 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Love it!
Did you see them at Coldwaves this year in Chicago? My husband was in C-Tec who were playing Coldwaves this year, so we went to all three events (NY, Chicago, LA).
I grew up in the middle of the nowhere in Ohio, so 120 minutes was my saving grace to survival, LOL.

Very cool, which member is your husband? Darker is such a great album. Couldn't make it to Cold Waves this year, but I really only wanted to see FLA and C-Tec out of that lineup anyway. Seen FLA several times over the years and saw C-Tec a couple times in the late 90's, once was also at Metro I think. I know the other time was at Dome Room but hard to remember now. I think I might actually still have a couple concert shirts from them.

#114 9 days ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Very cool, which member is your husband? Darker is such a great album. Couldn't make it to Cold Waves this year, but I really only wanted to see FLA and C-Tec out of that lineup anyway. Seen FLA several times over the years and saw C-Tec a couple times in the late 90's, once was also at Metro I think. I know the other time was at Dome Room but hard to remember now. I think I might actually still have a couple concert shirts from them.

Ged Denton. Yeah, they had two US tours, one in '98 and one in '99. I might have seen you there! We love Chicago and have gone every year in September since the Wax Trax Retrospectacle back in 2011 before Cold Waves kicked off.

We stayed in an AIRBNB in Wicker Park this year, so got to check out my first ever barcade at the Emporium.

Added 8 days ago:

**Correction, both tours were in 98

#115 8 days ago

Any Bjork fans?? I love her earlier works (1993-2001). I appreciate the artisty of her recent stuff, but after after Vespertine, she just didn't resonate with me as much.

One of my favs:

#116 8 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Ged Denton. Yeah, they had two US tours, one in '98 and one in '99. I might have seen you there! We love Chicago and have gone every year in September since the Wax Trax Retrospectacle back in 2011 before Cold Waves kicked off.
We stayed in an AIRBNB in Wicker Park this year, so got to check out my first ever barcade at the Emporium.

You might have! Too bad Pinball Expo doesn't overlap with your trips to Chicago. Emporium is cool, but make sure to check out Logan Arcade too since it's also right in the area. Dig that place, nice game selection. I was resident DJ on Friday nights at a club called Neo for many years (similar vibe to the Castle in Ybor) and I can't tell you how many times I played Stateless, often via request. It was a dancefloor favorite for sure. Does Ged share your pinball addiction?

#117 8 days ago

Back in the mid-90’s I ventured into some industrial when I was heavily involved in Quake CTF and Tribes. My go to band was Front Line Assembly.

#118 8 days ago
Quoted from RazerX:

You might have! Too bad Pinball Expo doesn't overlap with your trips to Chicago. Emporium is cool, but make sure to check out Logan Arcade too since it's also right in the area. Dig that place, nice game selection. I was resident DJ on Friday nights at a club called Neo for many years (similar vibe to the Castle in Ybor) and I can't tell you how many times I played Stateless, often via request. It was a dancefloor favorite for sure. Does Ged share your pinball addiction?

Cool, maybe we'll stay in the Bucktown area this year and we can check out Logan. We used to always stay around Diversey and Clark to be near the Metro, but have started to venture out to see more of Chicago each year. Since you were a DJ did you ever run into the DJ of the Smart Bar, Steve Jensen? Super nice guy. We have always liked playing pinball and Dr Who was his all time fav, so got it for him for his bday awhile back. He would rather play it than fix it, and I love taking things apart, so I've been assigned to maintenance while he works on music. But after all that I'm putting into it, I'm going to start practicing so I can actually beat him at some point... lol

#119 8 days ago

Stumbled upon this yesterday and really like it. It's hard because I'm not into Metal, and there is such a fine line between Metal and Industrial. But this one makes the cut for me.

#120 8 days ago

Nitzerebb..unofficial fan video

#121 8 days ago

More Industrial fun from Germany...

#122 8 days ago

Interpol (more new wave-ish??)

#123 8 days ago

Visage (Drab Majesty that I was introduced to on this thread reminds me of them)

#124 8 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Interpol (more new wave-ish??)

God people were obsessed with comparing Interpol with Joy division but I never saw it. Great first album though. But then again they all come apart at some point

#125 7 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God people were obsessed with comparing Interpol with Joy division but I never saw it. Great first album though. But then again they all come apart at some point

Hadn't heard of The Horrors, thanks for sharing!

#126 7 days ago

neemypeemy Glad you enjoyed Drab Majesty. I'm checking out more Wulfband now. Love it.

Here are some others you may or may not have heard.

#127 7 days ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

neemypeemy Glad you enjoyed Drab Majesty. I'm checking out more Wulfband now. Love it.
Here are some others you may or may not have heard.

LOL, omg, if I would have only heard Choir Boy before seeing the video, I would have never imagined a video like that, hahahaha. Thanks for sharing.

#128 7 days ago

Jonathan Bree

#129 7 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Hadn't heard of The Horrors, thanks for sharing!

Primary Colors is a great album and hit the sweet spot. Not so much now.

#130 6 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Cool, maybe we'll stay in the Bucktown area this year and we can check out Logan. We used to always stay around Diversey and Clark to be near the Metro, but have started to venture out to see more of Chicago each year. Since you were a DJ did you ever run into the DJ of the Smart Bar, Steve Jensen? Super nice guy. We have always liked playing pinball and Dr Who was his all time fav, so got it for him for his bday awhile back. He would rather play it than fix it, and I love taking things apart, so I've been assigned to maintenance while he works on music. But after all that I'm putting into it, I'm going to start practicing so I can actually beat him at some point... lol

Diversey and Clark is not a bad place to be but also not as fun as it once was. You do still have the legendary Gramaphone records right there. Neo was just a few blocks south of there, RIP. Outside of Smarbar and maybe Underground Lounge, I'm not even sure what else is still out that way club wise. Wicker Park/Bucktown is probably more hoppin these days with more options of different places to try. Don't think I know Steve Jensen, name sounds vaguely familiar though. I moved out of the city and been out of the scene for quite a while now and just pop back in occasionally. Can't live that life forever, lol. DW is a fun game and not too terrible to work on, except that time expander mech can be a beast. Watch some of the on-line tutorials and you can learn a lot towards becoming a better player. Check out Bowen's PAPA tutorial on DW. He makes it look easy, but there is big points to be had with that upper left flipper to ramp loop shot getting some good points while building up your playfield multiplier, especially for multiball jackpots. Don't tell him about it and you can probably start beating him

#131 6 days ago

Sonic Booms all day

#132 6 days ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Diversey and Clark is not a bad place to be but also not as fun as it once was. You do still have the legendary Gramaphone records right there. Neo was just a few blocks south of there, RIP. Outside of Smarbar and maybe Underground Lounge, I'm not even sure what else is still out that way club wise. Wicker Park/Bucktown is probably more hoppin these days with more options of different places to try. Don't think I know Steve Jensen, name sounds vaguely familiar though. I moved out of the city and been out of the scene for quite a while now and just pop back in occasionally. Can't live that life forever, lol. DW is a fun game and not too terrible to work on, except that time expander mech can be a beast. Watch some of the on-line tutorials and you can learn a lot towards becoming a better player. Check out Bowen's PAPA tutorial on DW. He makes it look easy, but there is big points to be had with that upper left flipper to ramp loop shot getting some good points while building up your playfield multiplier, especially for multiball jackpots. Don't tell him about it and you can probably start beating him

Thanks, will check that out!

#133 3 days ago

Filter

Violent Femmes

PIL

She wants revenge

#134 2 days ago

Been a huge Siouxsie fan since the beginning (we are the same age). I saw them almost every time they came stateside. Cure, Joy Division (and New Order), Depeche Mode, Peter Murphy, lots I have forgotten.

Recently noticed a band 'Pale Waves' on Youtube, they won a couple of awards in their native England. I guess they are considered 'gothpop' if there is such a thing. The certainly have the look and the angst down right.

Don C.

#135 2 days ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Been a huge Siouxsie fan since the beginning (we are the same age). I saw them almost every time they came stateside. Cure, Joy Division (and New Order), Depeche Mode, Peter Murphy, lots I have forgotten.
Recently noticed a band 'Pale Waves' on Youtube, they won a couple of awards in their native England. I guess they are considered 'gothpop' if there is such a thing. The certainly have the look and the angst down right.
Don C.

Very jealous you got to see Siouxsie live! Peepshow was one of my favorite albums at the time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 157.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 6.35
Cabinet - Decals
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 149.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 219.99
$ 149.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside