(Topic ID: 291931)

Do you leave the power on for extended periods?

By sethi_i

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you leave the power on for extended periods?”

• A couple of days is OK 3 votes
      4%
    • Turn it off every night 12 votes
      16%
    • Turn it off as soon as you're done playing 58 votes
      79%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Power Strip (resized).jpg
    8540B9C4-935D-49D4-B31A-C00C12FB673E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

Don't you love an easy answer, I sure do.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

I will add,,, TURN if off and UNPLUG all of them... You never know when a electrical storm will come and lightning strike the ground.... LUCKILY for us the strike was next door however,,, It destroyed the 65 inch tv,, all the computer equipment items.... Then the stereo components,, receiver.amp speakers dvd,,,, Finished off a playstation and also the deep freeze in another room....
    This was all in the basement area...Now imagine how much damage we could of had if the 13 pinballs I have down here were plugged IN to the power strips, surge protectors I use ALL the time.. We always have all the games ..pins unplugged and keep them till playing. Your choice of course... safety first....And the 12 or so I keep upstairs in the living area....
    If you can trust Mother Nature and always be home and unplugging pins ,,, go for it.... Stuff happens for sure....
    The next day we went to town for a deep freeze and met a few couples buying ALL new appliances for their homes.. That could OR would have been our pins and etc,,,,,,,NO thanks,, Be safe Pinballers....
    NT

I unplug if I start hearing thunder. I have nice surge protectors on the other expensive elecronics and still unplug those. My wife thinks I'm weird (not just for that).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-leave-the-power-on-for-extended-periods?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.