Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“To keep or not to keep the original box and packaging? That is the question...”

• Keep it if you have the space! 14 votes
      14%
    • Throw that crap out!!! 86 votes
      86%

(100 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FDE92351-C3BB-44F1-9CE4-A75B9E47BD60 (resized).jpeg
    0C013A1F-7260-44FB-A2AD-645830EE4D5A (resized).jpeg
    E2E4BE17-B752-4DD0-B9B5-A6F7C72D741A (resized).png
    13585762-4866-468B-A9AD-13BCBBF01226 (resized).png
    xwgG8SvR35BuQpZ6Nf5rYNl39QhSpXvlYx3vtrawZukpX92IB (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Curious how many of you that have purchased NIB pins keep the original box and packaging??? Curious if it may add value if I decide to ever sell... Like so many other things collectible the original box and packaging typically add value. Would like to know opinions if this translates to Pinball machines.

#3 6 years ago

I used to think i should.....i just throw it out now

#4 6 years ago

I build a playhouse for my kid.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I build a playhouse for my kid.

Funny you say this because my kids are DYING to get the box!!! LoL

#6 6 years ago

The box is only valuable if you leave the pin in it. I recycle mine personally and give it another life as toilet paper or something.

#7 6 years ago

I keep everyone of them, but I have plenty of room in a unused loft in one of my buildings that never gets used.

xwgG8SvR35BuQpZ6Nf5rYNl39QhSpXvlYx3vtrawZukpX92IB (resized).jpgxwgG8SvR35BuQpZ6Nf5rYNl39QhSpXvlYx3vtrawZukpX92IB (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

I don't keep them but admit I take a couple pics for the memories.
    -Mike

#9 6 years ago

i keep them, use them as 'sliders' in my pickup bed for loading/moving my machine in and out.

#10 6 years ago

No, but during unboxing my son loves playing hide and seek and his best to scare his dad with them

13585762-4866-468B-A9AD-13BCBBF01226 (resized).png13585762-4866-468B-A9AD-13BCBBF01226 (resized).pngE2E4BE17-B752-4DD0-B9B5-A6F7C72D741A (resized).pngE2E4BE17-B752-4DD0-B9B5-A6F7C72D741A (resized).png

#11 6 years ago

I let my kids play with it for 24 hours, then it's tossed.

#12 6 years ago

I've kept mine for now, but I only have one lol. Should probably pitch it.

#13 6 years ago

I wonder if Waspinator saves his?

#14 6 years ago

Not mine. Slammed on the breaks when passing a neighbor’s house and saw this

0C013A1F-7260-44FB-A2AD-645830EE4D5A (resized).jpeg0C013A1F-7260-44FB-A2AD-645830EE4D5A (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

I take a few photos of the unboxing then throw it away. I don’t have much space for pinball machines, never mind the box.

#16 6 years ago

The cardboard is great to slide under my truck when I change the oil and the pallet is perfect to start a bonfire.

#17 6 years ago

I kept the boxes from my Tron LE and WoZ, but I don't know why. I really need to recycle them because they're just taking up space.

The boxes for other machines I've bought in the past turned into cardboard forts for the kids and were then tossed.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mank:

Did you go knocking on the door or peek in the windows???

#19 6 years ago

Good lord no. Cut it up, toss it.

If you have space to keep a big, useless, empty box that will provide zero future benefit to anyone but some fort building kids I'm super envious of your space!

#20 6 years ago

I keep mine incase I sell a pin and it needs to be shipped. I pack it up for the buyer for no charge.

#21 6 years ago

Pulpid (puhl' pid) - n. A kid who enjoys the carton more than the item that came in it.

-Rich Hall (Sniglets)

#22 6 years ago

Shipped a few pins out in recycled stern boxes. Last time it was a WWE pro box and customer almost didnt except delivery, true story. Hes calling me at work saying he has wrong delivery, very mad.Trust me, take the box and open it, its your Taxi!!!

#23 6 years ago

Just keep a small piece.

FDE92351-C3BB-44F1-9CE4-A75B9E47BD60 (resized).jpegFDE92351-C3BB-44F1-9CE4-A75B9E47BD60 (resized).jpeg

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mank:

Meh. It's just a Star Wars pro.

#25 6 years ago

I used to enjoyRich Hall and his sniglets. I don’t think many people remember them.

No need to keep the box once you take the game out. Waste of space. Used games are bought on condition. The box has no value. The only time a box is important is if you buy a new game to sit on it and sell later IF the value goes up.

#26 6 years ago

For my GoT I kept the front side of the box with the stamps on it. The rest was recycling. I figure if I have to fold up the game it will work as a nice spacer between the glass and backbox.

#27 6 years ago

I keep one. I have used them in the past to package and ship games I have sold, comes in handy.

#28 6 years ago

I do the same thing Paul,have a couple around for shipping games.

#29 6 years ago

Used one for my christmas tree. Beats trying to cram it back into the original box.

#30 6 years ago

Just cut out the stamp name of the game....save it.

#31 6 years ago

I saved the box that came with DI. It will come handy as packetizing material, when palletizing a pin! (No, I am not selling my DI, but some other pin!)

#32 6 years ago

I fold mine up and stack them behind the pins. All the foam parts go into marked bags in attic.

#33 6 years ago

I used to keep them but no longer do. I do keep like two in a case I need to
    ship a game if I sell one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-keep-your-nib-pinball-box and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.