Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Anonymouse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B31C276-D8E8-4A7E-9218-C398675106F0 (resized).jpeg
    B84982D1-A8CC-4635-8720-D6A6BFE612BC (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180725_181814 (resized).jpg
    20180725_182022 (resized).jpg
    886273B1-0987-4018-B7FD-48689C0FD67C (resized).jpeg
    box-storage-2 (resized).jpg
    FB547834-967D-4BDA-84BF-4F07358F0B7D.gif
    About-Cleaning (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Just got my second NIB. First was a Woz. When I sold it the guy absolutely didn't want the box. So, do you keep it? Does it add value when reselling?

#2 5 years ago

Nope I tossed mine

#3 5 years ago

I cut out a large square that has the serial number and game name printed clearly

#4 5 years ago

When I bought T3 nib , I did. When I sold it, the game was put back into the box.

#5 5 years ago

No. Its silly to me.

#6 5 years ago

My buddy cut off the Stern logo and ser# from his Metallica box and hung it up in his games room. Was his first NIB. But other than that, the box is pretty much useless. Unless you have kids. Then it's a great fort. I can't see it adding any value to a used game.

But maybe it means more to some people.

I think I see a few tote bags in that garbage hoard.
    About-Cleaning (resized).jpgAbout-Cleaning (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago

Kinda like asking if you keep the paper floor mats that come with your new car.

If I ever bought NIB..it would be out with the trash.

#8 5 years ago

No. Even if I wanted to keep it, I don't want to find a place to store even a folded up box.

#9 5 years ago

I used to keep one with all packing material in case I needed to ship but I am over it now. I toss the box and will figure it out if I need to ship.

#10 5 years ago

keep it, I cut it up flat and use it when I have to spray paint someting.

#11 5 years ago

But of course

FB547834-967D-4BDA-84BF-4F07358F0B7D.gifFB547834-967D-4BDA-84BF-4F07358F0B7D.gif
    #12 5 years ago

I break them down and use them to protect the garage floor.

#13 5 years ago

Barely have room for the pins yet alone the box.

#14 5 years ago

I pick up my NIB and never even get the box in the car.

#15 5 years ago

Yep...I keep all mine.

box-storage-2 (resized).jpgbox-storage-2 (resized).jpg
    #16 5 years ago

Sure. Keep all your empty boxes in the garage, and make your wife park her car out on the street.

#17 5 years ago

My kids turn them into play houses for a couple of days, then they are off to recycling.

#18 5 years ago

I cut off the sides and keep em, never know when they'll come in handy. Used one when I need to paint a bunch of things. Use a few to block the railings so our new puppy wouldn't go through them and fall to his death. Usually use one under a pin in the jeep so it slides easier. etc......

#19 5 years ago

I flatten them and put them in the rafters.

When I sell the game, people often like when you still have the box.

If someone does not want it, I just burn it.

#20 5 years ago

I don't need to keep em... my dealer who delivered the game said he could get some use out of it at his shop so I gladly let him keep it.

#21 5 years ago

I let the dealer take the box and recycle it in his dumpster. Was thrilled. I don't need all that junk cardboard to recycle myself.

#22 5 years ago

Normally I cut it up and recycle it. However I have kept a piece of it showing serial number.

Also I have 3 boxes the grandkids play in and have set up for puppet shows and forts ,2 are pinball boxes and the other was for my new Spider-Man play field.

#23 5 years ago

I'd say keep it.
    If the economy crashes then you have a tiny house to live in.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Cats love boxes too.

#24 5 years ago

I keep the box. Keep all my boxes, and my plastic bags, jars, lids, bottles, newspapers, magazines, mail. Started keeping my crap too, never know when it might come in handy.

#25 5 years ago

I still have the boxes, but not the games, from the three NIBs I've bought. They will get put to use if I have to ship big stuff, and I will.

#26 5 years ago

SW premium has been my only NIB so far. I recycled the box and all the foam that came in it.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

I cut out a large square that has the serial number and game name printed clearly

We do this and put the piece of cardboard behind the manual in a plastic sleeve.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

My kids turn them into play houses for a couple of days, then they are off to recycling

Sounds familiar

886273B1-0987-4018-B7FD-48689C0FD67C (resized).jpeg886273B1-0987-4018-B7FD-48689C0FD67C (resized).jpeg
    #29 5 years ago

Exactly what I do. I cut out that side of the box and pitch the rest. The first couple full boxes I saved, but that got stupid quick. Now I just stack the cut piece in the back of a closet.

#30 5 years ago

Weren't folks selling the boxes on ebay at some point?

#31 5 years ago

Like others I kept the part with the serial number and game name. The rest went in the dumpster at work...... I mean to the recycling center.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Started keeping my crap too, never know when it might come in handy.

That makes complete sense, considering that your Pinside ID is "dung."

#33 5 years ago

Same here.

#34 5 years ago

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ben1981:

Sounds familiar

Cute kid. Enjoy the time, because teenagers are a pain in the ass.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

SW premium has been my only NIB so far. I recycled the box and all the foam that came in it.

Thread derailment warning...can foam be recycled? They don't want us putting it in our recyclables up here.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Thread derailment warning...can foam be recycled? They don't want us putting it in our recyclables up here.

Depends on the place for certain(T) things. Styrofoam around here is taken at a drop off location but I think generally everywhere it's not acceptable in truck pick up. It breaks up into a zillion pieces and sticks to everything causing contamination.

#38 5 years ago

Of course no one in their right mind would cut a logo from a pinball machine box and frame it......

20180725_181814 (resized).jpg20180725_181814 (resized).jpg20180725_182022 (resized).jpg20180725_182022 (resized).jpg
    #39 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Of course no one in their right mind would cut a logo from a pinball machine box and frame it......

I'm kinda glad I did in the '70's. They aren't making those anymore.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Exactly what I do. I cut out that side of the box and pitch the rest.

why would you cut that part out?

#41 5 years ago

I keep my Boxes in Boxes....

#42 5 years ago

Not me. I tossed my Stern Star Trek LE box.
    My second NIB; I asked Multimorphic to keep the box for the next customer (since I picked it up locally):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/185#post-4500960

#43 5 years ago

I used to make them into forts when the kids were little, or use for shipping a game, but I do keep them now. Free space is available, so why not. One of them is from an Alvin G game that I opened, so it’s kind of a piece of history that I couldn’t part with anyway.

#44 5 years ago

What was the packaging like for EMs?
    What was the first game shipped in cardboard?
    I have questions.

#45 5 years ago

It's perfect for sliding under my truck to change the oil.

#46 5 years ago

They don't make it easier to handle or move the game in the future... so they are a novelty and nothing more.

Use the big cardboard for whatever project you need. You'll save the boxes and eventually just use them for something else.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

What was the packaging like for EMs?
    What was the first game shipped in cardboard?
    I have questions.

Late 1960's pins were boxed forward. Similar to Stern pins today. Head in the same place, just not hinged. All used folded cardboard for spacers into the mid '80's. Single players used slightly smaller boxes.

I can't speak for earlier times.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

It's perfect for sliding under my truck to change the oil.

Pizza boxes are so handy for this. Plus those from a meat lover pizza come primed with oil.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

My buddy cut off the Stern logo and ser# from his Metallica box and hung it up in his games room. Was his first NIB. But other than that, the box is pretty much useless. Unless you have kids. Then it's a great fort. I can't see it adding any value to a used game.
    But maybe it means more to some people.

I think I see a few tote bags in that garbage hoard.

Tote bags in a "garbage hoard," is impossible. Tote bags make that hoard art. Come on guy.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I flatten them and put them in the rafters.
    When I sell the game, people often like when you still have the box.
    If someone does not want it, I just burn it.

What Vid said

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-keep-the-box?hl=heme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.