(Topic ID: 222078)

Do you keep a game after reaching the wizard mode?

By usandthem

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you keep a game after reaching the wizard mode?”

• Yes, you should keep at least until you've beaten the wizard mode, not just made it there 14 votes
      42%
    • Yes, if it's a grail game. 13 votes
      39%
    • No, once you've made it to the wizard mode, you've pretty much seen it all 6 votes
      18%

(33 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I've made it to "Final Battle" a couple of times now on The Shadow. I haven't beaten it, but I feel pretty accomplished with the game nonetheless. (I'm just your average player.) Is it time to let it go? I'm only a one or two pin at a time owner. The Shadow is in my opinion, the best deal in pinball. I don't think that another game approaches it for the price. And it just does cool stuff that I THINK I'll miss if I were to say "adios". What do you guys usually do after you finally made it to the mountain top?

#2 5 years ago

I’ve gotten to Final Battle twice now, along with the wizard modes in RFM, JM, TFTC, etc. It’s true that some games lose their appeal once you beat them, but others are still fun. TS is one of them.

#3 5 years ago

I usually don't think about selling my game just because I made It to the wizard mode because I just try to keep getting a higher score and improving.

#4 5 years ago

You can either own the same 2 games forever. Or own 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 games over your lifetime. Easy choice for me. Now if you have the room and the cash, don't sell any, ever....

#5 5 years ago

With breakshot I hit cut throat countdown a number of times before I finally jacked the settings up to make it harder. Even then I'd still keep it because the wizard mode is a blast. On the flipside I hit the wizard mode in ngg the first night i had it and while fun it was too easy and doesn't apply pressure like breakshot does so it went.

#6 5 years ago

Just change up the difficulty of the game and keep the challenge going.

#7 5 years ago

This is true.

Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I usually don't think about selling my game just because I made It to the wizard mode because I just try to keep getting a higher score and improving.

But this has a real good point.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

You can either own the same 2 games forever. Or own 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 games over your lifetime. Easy choice for me. Now if you have the room and the cash, don't sell any, ever....

You have more games to try out.
    -Mike

#8 5 years ago

Sometimes, but it definitely depends on the game.

I reached "Monster Multiball" for the first time on SS the other day, and knowing that that is basically the whole game (there's also "Spider multiball" which is ridiculously difficult and kinda repetitive to reach - and more of an easter egg), it got me thinking about SS maybe going. I like the game but having it and Monster Bash in the same collection makes me want to move one of them out.

#9 5 years ago

It’s not about the Wizard mode, it’s about enjoying the game. If I enjoy playing it, I keep it. And if I don’t enjoy playing it, it goes. That’s it. I don’t care if I’ve destroyed the Wizard mode, or never sniffed it. It’s all about the fun. Everything else is secondary.

#10 5 years ago

Well I would agree, it is about the fun, but surely it is about "getting" to the wizard mode, the sweaty hands, the exhilaration, the instant drains when you get there...

#11 5 years ago

I never plan on it but sometimes it turns out I list lose interest once I've gotten to the wizard mode once or twice, especially if it's a let down.

PotC was out the door after one wizard mode. I didn't realize before then that trying to get there was the only thing that was keeping the grind interesting.

GoT and SW I've reached it but that didn't kill them, although SW's was a bit of a let down. Too easy to beat for how hard it was to get there.

#12 5 years ago

Some games.... yes. But not Shadow. Don’t sell that one... it’s too unique and fun to play with different ways to approach the game

#13 5 years ago

I suppose someday I'll find out.
    For now, I suck as a player.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-keep-a-game-after-reaching-the-wizard-mode?hl=jamesuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.