Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    20151031_202856_(resized).jpg
    20151031_183623_(resized).jpg
    20151031_181101_(resized).jpg
    IMAG3930.jpg
    IMAG3929.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tkdalumni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm fairly new in the hobby but I find myself trying to expose more and more people to it. Today my wife and kids wanted to go shopping (big surprise), so I dropped them of and found a nearby arcade to kill some time. Tons of redemption games (basically all life size apps) and 4 pins: potc, TSPP, lotr, and transformers. I grab some tokens and head over to play. Only 1 token...score! Games played decent and I was the only one playing there for a while.
    Eventually I could over hear a dad trying to convince his kids to try them (fist full of tickets) and immediately that caught my attention. It was about time for me to leave so I encouraged them to play the rest of my free credits on a couple of the machines and gave them the rest of my tokens, with the only caveat being they HAD to play pinball with them.
    They did end up playing and were appreciative of the gesture. I felt like maybe next time they would play pinball a bit when they come back.
    I also had my machines available to play on Halloween for all the trick-or-treaters to play and even heckled a few older kids on wether they wanted candy or to play pinball...and they chose pinball!
    Not looking for an attaboy but just sharing a few things I've done to try and promote pinball. Could help..maybe nothing but feels good to do it regardless. What have you guys done or doing to help promote?

#4 8 years ago

Wearing pinball gear could def strum of some convo.

#14 8 years ago

That's all great stuff! It's a shame how many people don't know how to even start a game or think their ball getting locked (lost) is a bad thing. Once they get it most have fun.

#32 8 years ago

I wonder if all the things have a lasting effect?? Hopefully it does! Making a couple bucks along the way is cool too

#36 8 years ago

^^^^lol so true. Didn't take long for me!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tkdalumni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-help-promote-pinball?tu=tkdalumni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.