Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have your ideal collection?”

• Yes 55 votes
      30%
    • Yes for the time being, but I switch my collection up at least once a year 45 votes
      24%
    • No 85 votes
      46%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC6D4FC9-4D54-4322-A9A5-8AC93D2818FF (resized).jpeg
    17F62B50-183E-412B-97C7-0ED81EC79F3F (resized).jpeg
    5522A1E9-62B2-4AF2-BF8B-DA0DDEFD144C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 4 years ago

Ideal Collection?
    Voted yes to this one. Like the rest of us, I'm always searching for the next cool, best, unique pin. However, I'm very pleased with how the collection has turned out.

About 20% of them are what I consider to be unique titles, not truly sought after but are personally interesting to me - and, that's all that matters. Title like Harlem Globetrotters, Volcano, Wipe Out, Truck Stop, Fire, Flintstones, Strikes N spares (the bowling one) and Dr. Dude are all so unique and thus interesting to me.

I also have a mix of "popular" pins and for the most part I get why they are that way ... I enjoy games like Metallica, Spideman, Ghostbusters, etc. There are a few exceptions like Medievel Madness which IS fun but I don't play it a lot - my guests do. New players can step up to that game and I can tell them what to do in 30 seconds. By the end of the second game, it's pretty likely they have blown up their first castle. Love to see them accomplish something so cool. For that reason games like that (and TOM to be honest) get to stay.

I've even got a few that I purposefully pursued that not many folks actively search for - I spent almsot 2 months trying to buy an Atari Middle Earth. Wasn't even working. Backglass and PF were nearly perfect though and I really wanted to get my hands on a bit of pinball history that Atari represented- if even for a short time. I shopped and repaired it over a 3 week period. Beautiful game with not so beautiful gameplay - its history is why it stays.

I also have the games that I put my heart and soul into restoring so those make me happy to see in the gameroom - Bride of Pinbot, Jokerz and Cactus Jacks come to mind there. Hours and hours of meticulous work tie me to these titles

The history of my games is as fascinating to me as playing them and I spent a few months at the end of the Bride restore corresponding back and forth with the "voice of the Bride" Stepanie Rogers (who is now an accomplished singer/songwriter). She was kind enough to sign my sling plastics and even shared a new song she was working on at the time.

I guess my collection comes with an assortment of emotional connections so - no matter what the titles, yes, I'm satisfied. It's ideal to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-your-ideal-collection?tu=MT45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.