Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have your ideal collection?”

• Yes 55 votes
      30%
    • Yes for the time being, but I switch my collection up at least once a year 45 votes
      24%
    • No 85 votes
      46%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC6D4FC9-4D54-4322-A9A5-8AC93D2818FF (resized).jpeg
    17F62B50-183E-412B-97C7-0ED81EC79F3F (resized).jpeg
    5522A1E9-62B2-4AF2-BF8B-DA0DDEFD144C (resized).jpeg
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I was just curious who has their ideal collection. I’m maxed out on space, so I can’t add any more and I’ve finally got a nice mix that I’m happy with. It would take a special new game for me to swap one out. Or I would need to move to a bigger space to justify adding more. Anyone else?

#2 4 years ago

I'm almost there lol.

#3 4 years ago

I buy, sell and trade so the collection is constantly changing. No keepers here. At home I’m limited by space and funds as well.

#4 4 years ago

I need a Houdini and the collection is complete (until something else good comes out!)

#5 4 years ago

I would say yes for my tastes. I really like what I have and would be hard pressed to make changes. Last night on IM got dod shot and Jericho same game.

I made one change this year sold my lotr which I really liked added mbr. Very tough.

#6 4 years ago

I love my collection.

But I don’t think it’s possible to have my “ideal” collection. Even if it were all games I could imagine in HEP shape, there would still be something new and exciting to look forward to - ideally...

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

It would take a special new game for me to swap one out.

Branch out your collection to a family member or a friend who you visit often. I have 2 on loan to my oldest brother and 3 on loan to friends so I can rotate them around and still enjoy them until I finally decide it is time to sell one.

#8 4 years ago

I'm happy with what I have for the space I have. I feel I've accomplished a nice mix. That being said I'm always still looking at pins for sale.

#9 4 years ago

I’m maxed for space at 7 games, and enjoy all of them.
    Id have a hard time selling any of them at this point, because they are all fun. But I still look at the sale ads everyday, so idk.

#10 4 years ago

I'm pretty happy with my current line up the only game I really would like to add is a JJP machine I would like to have at least one JJP game in my collection.

#11 4 years ago

For the time being. I buy and sell games as my tastes change. I am now trying to have a good assortment of designers. Gomez, Popadiuk, Kieth Elwin, Mark Richie, Steve Richie, Nordman, Trudeau, Steve Kirk, Brain Eddy, ect. My collection has just evolved in this direction.

#12 4 years ago

Never. I want them all.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I'm almost there.

Says the guy with 50 pins.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

I need a Houdini and the collection is complete (until something else good comes out).

Says the guy with 53 pins.

Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'm pretty happy with my current line up but I really would like to add at least one JJP game.

Says the guy with 70 pins.

Quoted from gliebig:

Never. I want them all.

So obviously a dozen pins is not enough.

I'm pretty happy with the pins in my game room, but I do also like a lot of the recent offerings. I just can't afford any of them.

#14 4 years ago

Yep there’s very little left I’m looking for. If anything I’m looking to upgrade the few pins left that aren’t CQ

#15 4 years ago

I love my collection and from the game room thread I have been buying a bunch of other toys lately. But I have room for atleast one more. I sold X-Men last year and regret it. I know people bag on it but I love the game. For my skill level it is awesome. Probably get it back and one more and I will be done. Could possibly move WOZ but I bought that with my dad. Also GB one days, but other than that love my collection!

#16 4 years ago

100%,Yes

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Branch out your collection to a family member or a friend who you visit often. I have 2 on loan to my oldest brother and 3 on loan to friends so I can rotate them around and still enjoy them until I finally decide it is time to sell one.

It’s not really an option. I couldn’t justify a $6000 toy that sits at someone else’s house. If we lived close to my dad or brother it might be different.

#18 4 years ago

My ideal collection is prob in the 15 pin area. I have more than that currently but of those, 10 or so belong in my ultimate collection. I still have some pins on my wishlist, but will take a while to get them. My goal now is to move out the non keepers and slowly replace with my “grails” as opportunity arises.

My intention is to do full retores on my keepers. I have pf’s, plastics, other game specific parts to do these but thats a SLOW process.

#19 4 years ago

My ideal collection would be every Williams/Bally/Midway superpin from the 90’s. I’m getting there!

#20 4 years ago

I literally picked up a bk2000 today. After buying and trading several pins....my collection is pretty much complete. Im sure things will change over time, but the pins I have now....pretty much are bolted to the floor.

I have learned....no matter how attached you are to a pin, if your not playing certain ones....and they are just sitting there...its time to move them out.

#21 4 years ago

Just one more...

#22 4 years ago

No Im missing a new version of back to the future

#23 4 years ago

No, I don't have enough money or space. I am getting there, however...very slowly.

I do think I have a nice lineup, but I would like to add a golden-age Williams game (MM or MB preferably), and a JJP game.

#24 4 years ago

No such thing. It’s a myth.
    The more you have, the more you want. Although at this stage in life I’ve gone from 65 down to 35 over the past 5 years. You just have to realize you can’t own them all at one time. But can own plenty of you keep buying, playing them either sel or trade.

#25 4 years ago

id like to sell a few of my DMD games and get some more from the 80s

#26 4 years ago

Nope. Always on the chase for games I haven't owned in the past, or ones that are in better condition. It's never-ending, but that is most of the fun for me.

#27 4 years ago

I enjoy the come and go. I’m happy today, but my interests may change tomorrow.

#28 4 years ago

Well bought 2 more today!

#29 4 years ago

I love the games that I have but there are another 3-4 that I must have for my collection to be "ideal" and even that probably won't be enough as new pins come out.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I was just curious who has their ideal collection. I’m maxed out on space, so I can’t add any more and I’ve finally got a nice mix that I’m happy with. It would take a special new game for me to swap one out. Or I would need to move to a bigger space to justify adding more. Anyone else?

I don't think I'll ever get the collection I want. I'll always want more!!!!!!!
    Truthfully I'm almost out of space, but I hope to be able to move to a bigger house in a few years. And when I do I plan on buying lots more old games from the 70s and 80s.

But, for now I'm waiting on Elvira 3. I want to wait to see if I want that and then I hope to get BK III, Ghostbusters, AFMr, MMr, and possibly the next remake from chicago gaming. I really though only have room right now for 2 more pinballs... But, I might loan some to my brother or my father.

#31 4 years ago

No. I'd like an Octoberfest in my line up. After I got the AC/DC Luci Vault last November, Octoberfest would be next on my hit list.

LTG : )

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No. I'd like an Octoberfest in my line up. After I got the AC/DC Luci Vault last November, Octoberfest would be next on my hit list.
    LTG : )

Im not sure if people just haven't played it yet or what, but Oktoberfest is definitely one of the BEST games released in the last few years.

#33 4 years ago

Enjoy my lineup quite a bit...always seem to be looking at an add, however..TWDLE on my short list...

#34 4 years ago

I need an AFM - after that the rest doesn’t matter to me. Well, I will always keep my first love Getaway, and I really am enjoying my newly acquired Jurassic Park.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Im not sure if people just haven't played it yet or what, but Oktoberfest is definitely one of the BEST games released in the last few years.

Its a fun game. But, I'd like more time with it. The theme for me isn't something I"m interested in and the animations while good, are just not what I'm after... But, I did enjoy playing it. But, I think I might of only logged 3 games on it so far. But, I did enjoy all three of the games... Would of course enjoyed them more if I didn't play so badly.

#36 4 years ago

Got a bally ss. A stern ss. A bally em that I p!ayed
    As an 8 yo. Gotg pro. 2 em projects to learn on.

If I could get a williams ss(bk or pharoah) it would be
    just about perfect....I think haha.

#37 4 years ago

I only bought the ones i was looking for, and kept them.
    For me, they never bore me, enough variation in stop-and-go and flow

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No Im missing a new version of back to the future

I know, right? That and Jaws. Then I can die. Of excitement.

I’ve got the 1/6 Doc Brown, Marty and Delorean topper ready!
    5522A1E9-62B2-4AF2-BF8B-DA0DDEFD144C (resized).jpeg5522A1E9-62B2-4AF2-BF8B-DA0DDEFD144C (resized).jpeg

Also got my Bruce topper!
    17F62B50-183E-412B-97C7-0ED81EC79F3F (resized).jpeg17F62B50-183E-412B-97C7-0ED81EC79F3F (resized).jpeg

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I know, right? That and Jaws. Then I can die. Of excitement.
    I’ve got the 1/6 Doc Brown, Marty and Delorean topper ready!
    [quoted image]
    Also got my Bruce topper!
    [quoted image]

Me too! I got that dolorean and hot toys ready too, still in the box.. waiting for a pin!

#40 4 years ago

Really close. With Shadow on the way, Champion Pub and maybe TZ are nearly all that's left. A Harlem Globetrotters would be nice too

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Really close. With Shadow on the way, Champion Pub and maybe TZ are nearly all that's left. A Harlem Globetrotters would be nice too

Can't remember did I tell you Shalimar is an Indian restaurant in Ann Arbor, mI? Did I further mention it sucks ?

#42 4 years ago

I'm thinking I do. Did a small basement renovation to make room for another game...Star Wars pro. There's nothing else out there right now that makes me want one.

#43 4 years ago

Will never get satisfied, gotta own them all! Unfortunately with the current pricing It will take a long time.

#44 4 years ago

Pretty much, yes.

Before we finished our basement five years ago I had almost 50 machines but had to take a hard look at what was going to stay. Going from 50 to about half that is hard (yeah, I know, poor me) because I rarely bought games I didn’t like or want.

Like many, I’m confined by space now. I have five EMs up (1959 to 1974) in my game area with two in my work room I could swap in if any are sold or to mix it up. A couple of Rockola games in the living room, an EM in my office, and a Bally Hoo and Baffle Ball I don’t have room to display.

The 15 in my SS pinball room (1978 - 2017) are all family favorites. I have power and space for one more but it would look awkward. There are only three I’d consider letting go so that limits options. I don’t see getting any other classic games because there aren’t any we like more than what we have (though a couple tempt me).

If there is a JJP Toy Story, that’s almost a certain buy, so that’s one swap. Munsters (if code improves), Elvira 3 and a JJP BTTF game (if there ever is one) are probably the only other games we’d consider unless some awesome unlicensed theme comes along.

And then when I absolutely have my ideal collection I will have to start downsizing as I get older unless my daughter wants to take over the house when it’s game over for me.

#45 4 years ago

Like many I'm out of space and would like to have a few more pins.
    Have been collecting for 30+ years and have had quite a few.
    Sold off the ones we didn't like and kept the best. The games I'd
    like to find are Adams Family, TZ, Road Show and TOM but prices
    for these have gone nuts so will have to do without these titles
    for now.
    Steve

#46 4 years ago

Is it even possible to have your ideal collection? My ideal keeps changing. I'm a Gottlieb EM guy and have 5 - with only 3 of them at home because of space, the other 2 are at a local arcade so other folks can play them: (Joker Poker SS -it's just an EM with pretty blue lights, Quick Draw, Card Whiz, Flipper Pool and Charlie's Angels.) But I'd love to get one more wedgehead before I relax - if I find a Centigrade 37 or Capt. Card for a reasonable price, I'll bite.

But then, will I really be satisfied? Part of the fun is collecting them, isn't it?....finding one you've only seen or played once somewhere. Eventually, I'll have to stop wanting more and learn to be satisfied with what I have...but that's the secret of having a happy life anyway, isn't it?

#47 4 years ago

That would be a negative <see screen name>

#48 4 years ago

I think I always have my ideal collection at any given point in time. What a silly question.

#49 4 years ago

I am almost there. I want a NGG and then maybe either an AFM or a TOTAN. NGG is a must though. I sold off most of my games in 2017 and I really miss the NGG.

#50 4 years ago

I am close....I want BBBr so saving a slot hoping that is made....no other have to haves right now and will be around a dozen which will give me a nice variety yet not be overwhelming.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-your-ideal-collection?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.