(Topic ID: 319089)

Do you have more licensed or unlicensed themes in your collection?

By crujones4life

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JWJr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have more licensed or unlicensed themes in your collection? ”

• Majority of my pins are licensed themes. 39 votes
      44%
    • Majority of my pins are unlicensed themes. 33 votes
      38%
    • Even Steven. 16 votes
      18%

(88 votes)

#1 1 year ago

3 licensed themes
    6 unlicensed themes

#2 1 year ago

2 licensed (Harley-Davidson & Wheel of Fortune)
    1 unlicensed

Historically many more unlicensed: 19 unlicensed (Collection history)

#3 1 year ago

14 unlicensed
    12 licensed
    I think.
    Did Space Shuttle require some sort of license? Grand Prix?
    I have a slight majority of older games, which were generally never licensed themes.

#4 1 year ago

11 licensed out of 32 titles.

#5 1 year ago

26 licensed
    39 unlicensed

A couple gray area ones like Williams Grand Prix. I know it's based off the F1 type race but I don't think it's licensed per se. But I counted it as licensed anyway.

#6 1 year ago

Of the 45 pins that have rotated through my basement (wow) 20 were unlicensed and 25 licensed. The grey ones like Taxi and Space Shuttle go to unlicensed.

All but one of my pins designed after the 2000 are licensed though, with TNA being the only newer unlicensed game. Danesi carried that one on his own (I miss it).

#7 1 year ago

I had assumed licensed pins outweighed unlicensed in my collection, but after actually counting them, it actually leaned in the other direction.

#8 1 year ago

2 licensed
    4 unlicensed

#9 1 year ago

My collection has been scaled down considerably - but since my current list is pretty much newer games, they are majority licensed.

DW, TZ, EHOH, GZ, MB (original).

However, I also have a P3, which means I have about 20 unlicensed games (and Weird Al coming soon!). So, I guess unlicensed wins!

#10 1 year ago

Flight 2000, Card Whiz, Fireball, and High Speed.
    The only licensed game I owned and no longer have is Maverick.

Just seems like most modern machines are licensed. I would like to play Dialed In sometime. TNA is fantastic and would like to own that one day if I actually ever could buy one.

#11 1 year ago

11 unlicensed
    1 licensed
    One licenced on it way.
    B

#12 1 year ago

Surprised it's so close. Everyone who has commented must have a mix of old and new pins.

#13 1 year ago

6 licensed
    11 unlicensed

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

26 licensed
    39 unlicensed
    A couple gray area ones like Williams Grand Prix. I know it's based off the F1 type race but I don't think it's licensed per se. But I counted it as licensed anyway.

Funny. I counted GP as unlicensed.

#15 1 year ago

Current line up is 7 unlicensed to 6 licensed. Overall i’m sure it would lean much further towards unlicensed.

#16 1 year ago

I suspect only those who have ANY! Unlicensed games are willing to take this poll

#17 1 year ago

2 licensed (Deadpool, meteor)
    7 unlicensed

5 games sold over the years (2 unlicensed, 3 licensed)

#18 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="#7036917
    26 licensed
    39 unlicensed

Not much to do in Kalamazoo?

#19 1 year ago

8 Licensed
    10 non

#20 1 year ago

5 unlicensed
    17 licensed
    Surprising actually

#21 1 year ago

A little more than half licensed

#22 1 year ago

I’m surprised by the numbers of unlicensed in these posts. I would’ve figured WAY more licensed games.
    My count is 18 licensed. 6 unlicensed.

#23 1 year ago

Unless you own only games from 2000 on, it’s gonna be more unlicensed games cause that’s how it was. Just more unlicensed games than licensed games pre 2000.

Especially those of us that have lots of non dmd games. Which there’s a ton of us.

#24 1 year ago

Unlicensed: 6
    Licensed: 3

#25 1 year ago

Zero licenses. 13 Classic Bally SS.

#26 1 year ago

This is a snapshot today. I do move them in and out a bit. Lifetime, I have more licenses. I’m in a period now here I’m enjoying older games more.

8 unlicensed

Centigrade 37
    Astro
    Black Hole
    Nine Ball
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Gamatron
    TNA
    Cactus Canyon

4 licensed

Rush
    Jurassic Park
    Stranger Things
    Star Trek

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless you own only games from 2000 on, it’s gonna be more unlicensed games cause that’s how it was. Just more unlicensed games than licensed games pre 2000.

I was thinking that same thing until I realized one of my oldest games, Wizard! from 1975, is licensed. Harlem Globetrotters is also licensed from 1979. So I ended up with it being closer than I expected: 12 licensed (I'm including Space Shuttle), versus 13 unlicensed. Godzilla is on the way to make it completely even at 13 each.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Zero licenses. 13 Classic Bally SS.

Lies, your collection only list one game

#29 1 year ago

I stand corrected. I have a Harlem Globetrotters and a Bobby Orr Powerplay.

11 unlicensed and 2 licensed.

Thanks for calling me out and making me focus.

#30 1 year ago

Even up right now. Lifetime, "un" leads by 1.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-more-licensed-or-unlicensed-themes-in-your-collection- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.