(Topic ID: 61609)

Do you have Machines worth more than your car? I can't be the only one! LOL!

By Manbearpig

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have machines worth more than your car?”

• Yes 68 votes
      41%
    • No 65 votes
      40%
    • the values of several machines is way more 21 votes
      13%
    • Pinball is the best and most valuable thing I own besides my Home! :-) 10 votes
      6%

(164 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

white-skoda.jpg
    DSC01217.JPG
    67_GT500.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    P1010256.JPG
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

For some reason I can't discern, I feel compelled to explain that the Q5 was my big splurge when I finally got the settlement from my wife's fatal auto accident. I think she would have loved it.
    This way, I can technically exclude myself from that group of weirdos whose pinballs are worth more than their car, and yet still have 29 machines!

Well that is awesome. Your not a weirdo because your wife had to die to get a car worth more than your pins. Do you want to perhaps to rewrite this.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

very cool. I almos bought a convertible brand new back in the day...
    my pins are worth more than my 2004 Ford Taurus with 302,000 miles
    but not my mustang

Is this thread turning into one of those, My dick is bigger than yours, kind of thing.

#53 10 years ago

EVERY pin I own is worth more than my car.

1992 Volvo 240 wagon with over 200k.

However, the wagon still continues to haul more pins home, so that's worth more than any dollar figure

#54 10 years ago

You guys do know there is a life outside pinball. If you don't than there is no saving you.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well that is awesome. Your not a weirdo because your wife had to die to get a car worth more than your pins. Do you want to perhaps to rewrite this.

I don't see what your problem is with this. I was simply saying how I came to be able to afford such a vehicle. Not a rich mofo by any stretch. The weirdo line was just an attempt at humor. Not that it matters, but at the time she died I only had five pins, and the car I had then was also worth more than those five.

Of course I'd rather the accident never happened. Sheesh. It's going on four years ago, so time has healed the wound to some extent.

#56 10 years ago

Since I drive a '99 Saturn SL-1 with a book value of around $1,100... Yes, I have a game that's deffenitly worth more than my car!

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#57 10 years ago

LoL! A little bit more than maybe one of my snowmobiles, But not my automobiles.

#58 10 years ago

When my 1970 Mustang was new $2700 so yes, after all the mods I've put on it over the years and what it's worth now no.

#59 10 years ago

You guys do know there is a life outside pinball. If you don't than there is no saving you.

so we are damned if we do or damned if we don't. "there is life outside of pinball" implies some of us have too big of a collection. then there is the "dick" reference directed to me. so just to get this straight, we are either morons because our cars are crappy and we have too much tied up into pins or we are assbags because we drive a nice car?!? what about me? assbag for owning too nice if a car? moron for having pins nicer than my 300k mile car? or does the Taurus offset the mustang? if you don't like the posts then avoid the thread.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

so we are damned if we do or damned if we don't. "there is life outside of pinball" implies some of us have too big of a collection. then there is the "dick" reference directed to me. so just to get this straight, we are either morons because our cars are crappy and we have too much tied up into pins or we are assbags because we drive a nice car?!? what about me? assbag for owning too nice if a car? moron for having pins nicer than my 300k mile car? or does the Taurus offset the mustang? if you don't like the posts then avoid the thread.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't see what your problem is with this. I was simply saying how I came to be able to afford such a vehicle. Not a rich mofo by any stretch. The weirdo line was just an attempt at humor. Not that it matters, but at the time she died I only had five pins, and the car I had then was also worth more than those five.
    Of course I'd rather the accident never happened. Sheesh. It's going on four years ago, so time has healed the wound to some extent.

Hey guys dont get all upset. Cant you take a joke. We are all in the same boat as for DanQverymuch I am sorry about your loss and time does cure. I am glad everything is working out for you. As for edwinpblue that car is cool. I am a mustang and corvette fan I have two right now. Thats what I hate where this whole texting and emailing thing is going. There is no emotion in anything, so you can not tell when anybody is being serious or joking.

#61 10 years ago

My most expensive pin is worth I think less than 1500 dollars, and still it's worth more than twice the value of my car!
    But hey, it drives, has a small 'openable roofwindow' to get a nice summerfeeling and be able to see the stars in a nice warm summernight. Besides it produces very little CO2, and I never worry about new scratches or small dents, for I wouldn't even notice the difference with how it is now.

#62 10 years ago

Hey guys dont get all upset. Cant you take a joke. We are all in the same boat as for DanQverymuch I am sorry about your loss and time does cure. I am glad everything is working out for you. As for edwinpblue that car is cool. I am a mustang and Corvette fan I have two right now. Thats what I hate where this whole texting and emailing thing is going. There is no emotion in anything, so you can not tell when anybody is being serious or joking.

Write better jokes.

#63 10 years ago

Is this thread turning into one of those, My dick is bigger than yours, kind of thing.

NO! mine is quite small but thanks for askin'

67_GT500.jpg67_GT500.jpg DSC01217.JPGDSC01217.JPG

#64 10 years ago

Black Spider-Man > 94 Chevy Beretta.

X-Men LE Wolverine > 94 Chevy Beretta.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Very nice Freddy, I will try to get some pics of mine up soon. We should all get together for a car show with some pins one day. It seems that there is a lot of nice car owners on here.

#66 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics FREDDY, that is one sweet ride! '67 was always my favorite year.

#67 10 years ago

There is life outside of pinball, but definitely not much I really want to spend money on. I used to want cars and 4x4s, but that was many years ago. Now I just need something reliable and comfortable to drive. I think most of my friends spend their extra money on vacations or cars. I would rather spend it on pinball. I definitely don't feel a need to be saved from it. Priorities change. I used to spend around $3000 on a computer every year or two. Now I probably spend $1000 every 3 or 4 years.

#68 10 years ago

1990 Olds cutlas ciera. 185,000 miles and still going strong. Body inside and out is terrible though.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

That is awesome! 1967 it looks like. All the Shelbys are nice but I think the 67 looks the best.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Now that's worth about 10 BBB. Me like. I have a '70 Sportsroof, my first car and I still have it, not quite stock like yours.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Get that speed limiter removed. My A8 had a silly speed limiter to keep the top speed at 130 MPH for North America. Without it, the car is drag limited to about 180.
    Best $550.00 I ever spent.
    Previously posted link: » YouTube video

Been meaning to say, oh, so that's why my speedometer goes up to 180!

#72 10 years ago

#73 10 years ago

You have got to be kidding me...

#74 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure my car is worth more than my machines. It is a smooth driver, too! white-skoda.jpgwhite-skoda.jpg

#75 10 years ago

I'll get us to page three yet...

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-machines-worth-more-than-your-car-i-cant-be-the-only-one-lol-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.