(Topic ID: 61609)

Do you have Machines worth more than your car? I can't be the only one! LOL!

By Manbearpig

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have machines worth more than your car?”

• Yes 68 votes
      41%
    • No 65 votes
      40%
    • the values of several machines is way more 21 votes
      13%
    • Pinball is the best and most valuable thing I own besides my Home! :-) 10 votes
      6%

(164 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

white-skoda.jpg
    DSC01217.JPG
    67_GT500.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    P1010256.JPG
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

2003 Honda Civic coupe in decent condition with 116,000 miles on it valued at $4000-$5000. Full size Ford cargo 150 econoline van with 175,000 miles on it, in ok condition and valued at $1000-1500. The van is for hauling games (4 pins at a time), Kayaks, and other big items. Tron L.E. is valued at 10k stock and 11-12k with mods, it is just crazy that both vehicles don't even come close to the same value of some pins. Is there a problem with my logic? I don't want a new car and have payments, more cash for more games is my thinking! LOL!

#2 10 years ago

sorry about two thread posts!

#3 10 years ago

SM and Tron:LE definitely are. WOZ:LE will be if and when it arrives.

#4 10 years ago

others look at me and say why don't you have a newer or nicer car? well they just don't get it! LOL

#5 10 years ago

nah not yet but if I add mine together and add my ACDC I'm getting when it arrives then it might be.......I made a deal my wife got a new table and lounge I got a ACDC

ACDC price in Australia $8650
    lounge and table $3200

hahaha she only just worked it out.

#6 10 years ago

Cars are over rated!

#7 10 years ago

At least pinball holds value, unless its a Avatar, transformers, x men le, or avengers le.

#8 10 years ago

My beat up 2001 civic is probably worth less than both my BSD and JM. I've considered selling it for another pin and just take the bus everywhere.

#9 10 years ago

I have a 2004 Mustang cobra,2009 f150 pickup,2013 corvette grand sport. I guess I need more pins.

#10 10 years ago

My daily driver is probably worth less than a pin I'm trading for next week.

I like driving older but well-maintained cars; it's cheaper than driving something new that'll depreciate like crazy. Instead of having a car that will depreciate significantly, I could have more pins!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have a 2004 Mustang cobra,2009 f150 pickup,2013 Corvette grand sport. I guess I need more pins.

that depends on who actually owns the cars, if the bank owns them, then you might still have pins worth more than your car.

#12 10 years ago

Good investments, what can I say. If the pinball bubble pops a lot of us will wish we didn't so many and kept the money in the bank. Not that thats a good idea either. Money in the bank just goes down in value every day.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

that depends on who actually owns the cars, if the bank owns them, then you might still have pins worth more than your car.

Your right on that. I own all but about 25% of the corvette. Cant wait till that payment ends so I can get more pins.

#14 10 years ago

Always paid cash for my cars, never financed. Then, I drive them until the wheels fall off.

Kick in a few more bucks an keep something nice and garage kept at the house for road trips and those nights out on the town.

Cars are expendable and should be treated as such.

#15 10 years ago

My car cost more than my 29 pins combined, so, no... And I own it free and clear, to boot.

(2012 Audi Q5)

With pins going up and car getting older, they are fast approaching even, though.

#16 10 years ago

Each of my pins is worth more than my daily driver....wife's car is worth more than both pins combined. She hasn't come around......yet. Though we did get POTC for her.

#17 10 years ago

I'm driving like a 2nd year model Civic Hybrid with 170k miles on it. Needs maintenence badly and it STILL gets 35 MPG. Bam!

TZ and STTNG both each worth more than the car, IMO.

#18 10 years ago

All of my pins combined aren't worth as my 1953 Bentley.

P1010256.JPGP1010256.JPG

#19 10 years ago

until last year when we got new cars most of our pins were worth more than our cars. Now only 1 pin is worth more than one of the cars.

#20 10 years ago

Yup. My machines are worth more than my car. Every day that I drive my car, the value goes down. Pins seem to go up.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

My car cost more than my 29 pins combined, so, no... And I own it free and clear, to boot.
    (2012 Audi Q5)
    With pins going up and car getting older, they are fast approaching even, though.

How much does an 2012 Audi Q5 go for???? You must have gotten a hell of a good deal on all those pins.

#22 10 years ago

Q5 is around $40K....give or take a few thousand or a few pins

#23 10 years ago

I don't have a huge collection of pinball machines, (decent size) but several high profile NIB's and other quality examples of popular DMD's & some System 11 era's... However, my automobiles are still worth more than these. I really like pinball, but my cars come before them. (and my house comes first)

If I kept my cars for more than 3-4 years on average, they would continue to slowly depreciate (I don't put on many miles) & get closer to the value of the rising pinball, but I'd prefer to not let that happen. Cars are a bit more of an addiction to me than pins, but it's a pretty close race! (ha)

#24 10 years ago

I've only owned 3 cars since the 80's, and only the current one was bought new, in 1999, currently 160k miles. It's still worth more than most pins in my collection, but not all. I also keep a van with 200k+ miles for game transport (a hand-me-down).

#25 10 years ago

Nope. Or I'd really be in trouble.

#26 10 years ago

All my pins and the 2001 Tacoma that hauls them are priceless.

#27 10 years ago

All of my machines are worth more than my car. I drive a piece of shit.

#28 10 years ago

Yep, many of them. I'm rocking a '92 Volvo 240, though.

#29 10 years ago

All machines are worth more than my daily driver, it would be line ball for a case of beer!

#30 10 years ago

Ok, how about this question then. Who has more into there pins then what they paid for there house at the time of signing the papers. I know I do, but then again I didn't have as many pins back when I was closing on the house.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#31 10 years ago

I have a 06 Scion xA, and I think it is worth about the same as AC/DC right now. By the time I trade it in in a few years, it will probably be worth a lot less than AC/DC though.

#32 10 years ago

My car is worth more.

#33 10 years ago

Until last month I owned one pin ( A restored Space Shuttle) that cost as much as my wife's car. Then we went and bought an ACDC Premium. Now I'm behind the 8 Ball so to speak and the wife wants to look at different vehicles because hers is really starting to show it's age. She drives a 2002 Buick Rendezvous with close to a couple hundred thousand miles on it. The EGR Valve needs replaced and it's leaking water onto the floorboard. I wonder if that's the heater core that's leaking?? Anyway, it has been a good car for us but it's days are numbered.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Q5 is around $40K....give or take a few thousand or a few pins

Mine was more like $50K: S Line racing features, 3.2L, B&O Sound, nav package, etc.

Haven't had it up to 140mph yet...

#35 10 years ago

My most expensive pin is worth slightly more than my least valuable car.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Manbearpig:

2003 Honda Civic coupe in decent condition with 116,000 miles on it valued at $4000-$5000. Full size Ford cargo 150 econoline van with 175,000 miles on it, in ok condition and valued at $1000-1500. The van is for hauling games (4 pins at a time), Kayaks, and other big items. Tron L.E. is valued at 10k stock and 11-12k with mods, it is just crazy that both vehicles don't even come close to the same value of some pins. Is there a problem with my logic? I don't want a new car and have payments, more cash for more games is my thinking! LOL!

Daily beater toyota corolla - yes, many of my pins are worth more.
    Four wheel drive ford edge - close. I'm guessing my mm is worth more. Maybe my afm and tron le also.
    Weekend perfect conditions only Porsche - no
    New family loaded sienna van (which is also my pin hauler) - no

#37 10 years ago

Mine was more like $50K: S Line racing features, 3.2L, B&O Sound, nav package, etc.

I am not too familiar with a Q5 but it looks like you have a very impressive pinball collection. Thats why I was wondering how much those Audis were worth. The only way my previous cars would hit 140mph is if they entered the atmosphere from space.

#38 10 years ago

Well, I have a 2000 dodge caravan; I leave all the back seats out for hauling pinballs . It is maybe worth $1000-1500. My POTO and SS are defiantly worth more! But it's totally worth it for me!

#39 10 years ago

My trucks worth more than my pins are

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 10 years ago

I could sell my TSPP for more money in much less time than my workhorse sequoia - which is great for hauling pins

#41 10 years ago

I will trade anyone my 1993 Porsche 968 w/139k miles for a MM or tron LE. The car is a head turner and is in very good condition. 6-spd coupe. Only 4000 made, pretty rare.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#42 10 years ago

Cars are only worth what somebody will pay for it, but personally I prefer pinball machines. No oil, no filter, no gas, no tires, no registration, no Johnny Law.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Cars are only worth what somebody will pay for it.

Same goes for pinball machines. To each their own, by the way.

#44 10 years ago

Get that speed limiter removed. My A8 had a silly speed limiter to keep the top speed at 130 MPH for North America. Without it, the car is drag limited to about 180.

Best $550.00 I ever spent.

Previously posted link:

#45 10 years ago

Aside from my EM, I think any one of my pins is worth more than my car. I drive a '95 Ford Ranger with about 175k miles on it. Newer cars are an obvious money pit. A lot of my friends are making $250-350/month car payments and say they can't afford pins. I would rather buy pins and drive something I can actually work on, even if it's not the flashiest thing on the road. You can't have parties centered around your daily driver no matter how cool it is.

Brian

#46 10 years ago

N. I have a 67 GT500 but, who knows maybe some day pins will be worth more LOL!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

To each their own, by the way.

By the way, a lifetime of car collecting has led me to this.

Quoted from freddy:

I have a 67 GT500

Now that is one car that I still wouldn't mind having. How bout a pic?

#48 10 years ago

For some reason I can't discern, I feel compelled to explain that the Q5 was my big splurge when I finally got the settlement from my wife's fatal auto accident. I think she would have loved it.

This way, I can technically exclude myself from that group of weirdos whose pinballs are worth more than their car, and yet still have 29 machines!

#49 10 years ago

I will trade anyone my 1993 Porsche 968 w/139k miles for a MM or TRON LE. The car is a head turner and is in very good condition. 6-spd coupe. Only 4000 made, pretty rare.

very cool. I almos bought a convertible brand new back in the day...

my pins are worth more than my 2004 Ford Taurus with 302,000 miles

but not my mustang

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 10 years ago

I've got a craptastic 2002 ford ranger edge.... so yeah, my pins are worth more than the old truck.

but having that old truck and ZERO car payments helps me buy these wonderful pins

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-machines-worth-more-than-your-car-i-cant-be-the-only-one-lol-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.