(Topic ID: 209448)

Do you have an odd, or seemingly unnecessary pin care regimen?

By sohchx

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So I do some things to my pins on a regular basis that other pin owners may, or may not do to their machines. Some of which may be considered to be odd, or unnecessary. The wife and friends say that what I do seems to be overkill. So I wanted to post my regimen here. I just can't help doing these things, simply because I love my machines and want them in top shape at all times. I tend to have people over for play almost every weekend so my pins do get a good amount of play, another reason why I like doing these things. Does anyone else do things to their pins that other owners would deem odd or unnecessary?? Post them up. I think I read here at one time of a guy saying that he waxes his cabinets, to me that is odd.

Wax all playfields including the balls once a month including wear inspection.

Flame polish every ramp in every machine once a year, if needed.

Clean or replace all flipper coil sleeves, springs, and inspect,or replace coil stops once a year depending on overall condition

Clean all rubbers once a month

Check all leg bolts for tightness once a month

Vacuum all lower cabs every 6 months

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from jester523:

What do you clean your rubbers with. I have Titans, and they are getting dirty. Wasn't sure what to use.

Rubbing alcohol. I have Titans on everything too. They tend to pick up dust fairly quickly due to their stickiness, which I love. It allows me to make more precise shots compared to standard rings. It's sort of like the rubber stops the spin of the ball when the two make contact.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Sounds like you need a hobby

I have 7 other hobbies outside of pinball

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Only I do very often, because I like them White, not Black, is clean all the rubbers, including flipper rubber. And I clean the PF weekly on them. .

Doesn't it drive you crazy to see light colored rubbers dirty? It especially bugs me on location pins, makes me want to ask to clean them Lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-an-odd-or-seemingly-unnecessary-pin-care-regimen?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.