1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by andre060
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FE373423-159A-41DE-9818-3A556108E573 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.52.21 AM (resized).png
    mafell (resized).jpg
    Festool (resized).jpg
    20180919_200053 (resized).jpg
    maxrewqertsdefault (resized).jpg
    0637812-23 (resized).jpg
    Skilsaw-Super-Sawsquatch-4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4066 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4065 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4025 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4024 (resized).JPG
    popeye_3 (resized).jpg
    1303E39C-71BD-4F46-9E8D-4C4B534312E4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider langless28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 1 year ago

Old restored Craftsman 113 with cast extension wings, delta T3 fence and zero clearance insert with micro jig splitter. Works phenomenal. Fence was more than the saw.

#28 1 year ago

Can we digress and talk about chop saws? Have a 12" dewalt and have no real complaints. Want more capacity so thinking of going to sliding compound. The Bosch with the folding srm looks nice and doesn't need space bedhind it like others. Also looks like you can make custom zero cleance inserts. Anyone have that one?

#51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

Yes, kickback can be deadly. They demonstrated kickback at our school. Knocked a chunk out of the brick wall.
    With that being said, a portable doesn’t have the same amperage as shop saws. Not as harsh if you do get kickback. I know you recommend the saw stop, but for hobby is it really worth dropping that kind of cash?

You can jobsite sawstops and Bosch reflex has similar technology and that is a jobsite saw.

I have pinball and woodworking as hobbies and seriously contemplating selling my sof to get a sawstop cabinet saw.

#58 1 year ago

I have a pretty crazy finger picture. Wasn't thinking and football gripped (3 fingers on top) a thin piece of walnut ~1/2" on a jointer. Piece kicked back and in my fingers went. Nailside first. Lost the nail down to the bone and actually put a radius in the bone tip.

Once second of not thinking and you pay. Grr-rippers from that day on and slowing the F down. Was trying to make some gifts for Christmas and was rushing.

Also had one of the best hand surgeons around Boston fix me up.

Is it against rules to post horribly gruesome photos?

#62 1 year ago

X-ray showing radius. They took some skin from my forearm. After graft scabbed over i'm like this won't end well. And how they look now. Have full feeling in them still. To boot it's a weird feeling to "feel" on the tops of your fingers. Where the nail is missing on my index finger when things touch it, it's an odd feeling as you always have a nail there to protect it.

So Learn from my mistakes and take safety very seriously. If you can't fall back on sawstop tech then just listen to these posts and be safe, methodical and keep your eye on the ball.

Please don't mind the paint in the cuticles. Painting the kitchen.

IMG_4024 (resized).JPGIMG_4025 (resized).JPGIMG_4027 (resized).JPGIMG_4065 (resized).JPGIMG_4066 (resized).JPGIMG_8296 (resized).JPG

#80 1 year ago

Speaking of all this safety and kickback and whatnot. Do you guys adjust your fence (who have an incra or T2 or biesemeyer types) so that its slightly non-parallel to the blade so at the back of the blade its ~.010" farther away to prevent pinching?

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

123 blocks. Never heard of them before. I learn all kinds of things pinside and google.

They are 1"x2"x3" and parallel and square with within .0002" if you didn't know why they were called that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 19.99
    $ 149.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider langless28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside