Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by andre060
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE373423-159A-41DE-9818-3A556108E573 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.52.21 AM (resized).png
    mafell (resized).jpg
    Festool (resized).jpg
    20180919_200053 (resized).jpg
    maxrewqertsdefault (resized).jpg
    0637812-23 (resized).jpg
    Skilsaw-Super-Sawsquatch-4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4066 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4065 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4025 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4024 (resized).JPG
    popeye_3 (resized).jpg
    1303E39C-71BD-4F46-9E8D-4C4B534312E4.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 5 years ago

If you are looking for a portable saw and aren't planning on making cabinets, the Dewalt is hard to beat in its price range. The fence is gear driven on BOTH sides. The scale has a fine line on a clear lens and makes for much more accurate cuts for the average Joe. I built mine into an 8' long table on locking wheels in my garage. The table has a cutout in it for my chop saw also. It also doubles as a work bench when I am not using either saw. The small drill press, bench top belt sander, scroll saw, shop Vac and sanders all live on the bottom level when they aren't being used up top. This was a great way to maximize space in a small work area.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Why is both sides important? More accurate?
    Your setup sounds interesting. If you wanted to put up a picture or two I would not complain.

I can take a shot when I get home. What happens on the cheaper table saw fences is the non-gear driven side binds on whatever is guiding it. Some lock on both sides, but the really crappy ones only lock down on one side. This causes the fence to wobble a bit and not produce square cuts unless you check it each time you move it. Being gear driven on both sides via a single rod keeps the fence square to the blade (provided it was set correctly at the factory). The DeWalt has a simple rack and pinion setup, but seems to work well and hold up. My dad has used and abused one as a contractor for over a decade, and it has held up well.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Why is both sides important? More accurate?
    Your setup sounds interesting. If you wanted to put up a picture or two I would not complain.

I'm in the middle of a project, but this should give you an idea. This is a workbench most of the time. The chop saw goes where the laptop is. I have a drop in plug that will fill that hole when you rip a sheet of plywood. If you don't, the right hand side of thin pieces you are cutting will drop in and catch the hole.

It is 8' long and 30" wide, made from ripped down sheets of 3/4" birch. You can adjust it to fit your space... 30"is what I could get away with and still hope to squeeze my truck into the garage on occasion.

20180919_200053 (resized).jpg20180919_200053 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-a-table-saw?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.