Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by andre060
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE373423-159A-41DE-9818-3A556108E573 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.52.21 AM (resized).png
    mafell (resized).jpg
    Festool (resized).jpg
    20180919_200053 (resized).jpg
    maxrewqertsdefault (resized).jpg
    0637812-23 (resized).jpg
    Skilsaw-Super-Sawsquatch-4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4066 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4065 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4025 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4024 (resized).JPG
    popeye_3 (resized).jpg
    1303E39C-71BD-4F46-9E8D-4C4B534312E4.jpeg
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #102 4 years ago
    Quoted from pianz:Deleted post

It depends upon what you plan on making. If you're making wood furniture, you won't need an impact wrench or an angle grinder. If you are buying non-dimensioned hardwoods you'll need a planer and a sander. If you are creating thin lumber from thick lumber, you'll want a bandsaw to resaw. You may also want a jointer.

Personally, I think for making furniture you will want a table saw, router and router table (which you can make), orbital/palm sander, biscuit jointer (domino even better but lots more $), drill and drill driver, compressor (get one of the 'kits' that comes with a 16 and 18 ga nailer) and clamps, (lots of different types and sizes). A track saw is also a good investment if you will be breaking down sheet goods (cutting std 4x8 plywood down into smaller pieces). It's a whole lot easier than wrangling on a table saw unless you have large infeed and outfeed tables. I also think a Kreg pocket screw kit is a nice way to quickly and easily make joints. (A good shop vacuum/dust collector is also a good investment)

2 months later
    #103 4 years ago

I make midcentury modern furniture and own a SawStop cabinet saw which has exceeded my expectations. Lots of good advice from Oldgoat as well.
    I now own Festool and Mafell track saws and use my table saw a lot less now. They’re obviously great for breaking down sheet goods but also excel at jointing, cutting long angles, trimming doors, and other things. The Mafell is superior to Festool but the Festool (TS75)
    has a little greater depth of cut as it’s their larger model.
    Also use a Domino 700 quite a bit and is a huge time saver for loose tenon joints.

#104 4 years ago

I have been keeping an eye on the market. Of the job site saws I have been looking at, I really liked what I had read about the Hatachi C10RJ.

A new company, Metabo, has replaced Hatachi so all the Hatachi branded saws are on sale. I see them for $350.00 online. But I bought one at Lowes today for $300.00.

I hope it works as advertised.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.52.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.52.21 AM (resized).png

#105 4 years ago

As per portable saws, dewalts can't be beat due to their superior fence system than any other saws. I've had bosch, rigid, hitachi, kobalt and returned them all or gave them away. they all have the same flaw, fence are extremely hard to keep square on every cut so always have to double check for square which is time consuming.

1 month later
    #106 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

As per portable saws, dewalts can't be beat due to their superior fence system than any other saws. I've had bosch, rigid, hitachi, kobalt and returned them all or gave them away. they all have the same flaw, fence are extremely hard to keep square on every cut so always have to double check for square which is time consuming.

I like the Dewalt but I bought the Hitachi. Price was the final decision maker. The Hitachi was on sale for $300.00. I have had good luck with it, so far. The manual stated that everything should be adjusted at the factory. Just take it out of the box and start sawing away. Mine was a little bit different.

I had to check and set everything. Blade angle was off. 3 different fence settings needed squared up. I like it. It is giving good service. If I had a big garage I would have liked to have had a stationary table saw with a cast iron table. But for what I do the Hitachi will work fine.

I want to thank everyone who posted their thoughts and ideas. They were a lot of help.

#107 4 years ago

I have a Powermatic artisan table saw and have owned it for over 25 years. I replaced the motor about 13 years to one with an internal breaker and it’s been purring along without issue. Lost some bone to it along the way, but what’s a power tool without an injury.

FE373423-159A-41DE-9818-3A556108E573 (resized).jpegFE373423-159A-41DE-9818-3A556108E573 (resized).jpeg
    #108 4 years ago

I have a 10" Jet with digital fence. I use 80t CMT blades positive rake Alt. Thinking of upgrading to Saw Stop for safety and dust collection.
    For sheet goods I have a Milwaukee Panel Saw. Planing on putting a laser line on it this winter.
    I am surprised the high end cabinet saws don't have a digital fence as an option.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekie:

I have a 10" Jet with digital fence. I use 80t CMT blades positive rake Alt. Thinking of upgrading to Saw Stop for safety and dust collection.
    For sheet goods I have a Milwaukee Panel Saw. Planing on putting a laser line on it this winter.
    I am surprised the high end cabinet saws don't have a digital fence as an option.

Saw Stop has a job site saw offering. I would like a Saw Stop. But the SS job site saw is $1400.00.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Blade angle was off. 3 different fence settings needed squared up.

I bought that same Hitachi/Metabo a few months back, also at Lowe's. The fence came square from the factory but the blade was WAY off, like 3/16 off. I found the "adjustment" mech for it to be extremely poor and I couldn't get it anywhere near square - called their tech support, explained to them what was going on and what I tried - they said it couldn't adjust any more than that and it was "within tolerance". Took it right back to the store and ended up with a Dewalt instead. Just a bit more money for less features, but at least the blade angle can be adjusted on it...it's a shame since I liked the features of the metabo.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-a-table-saw/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.