Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by finalboss
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ron.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello, a lot of my customers have contacted me thru the years asking what products to use to maintain their cleared pf finish. I always tell them the first thing is no more cotton, only clean microfiber. I find that you should keep your microfiber clothes in a zip loc bag and when they get dirty toss them, because washing them dosent seem to work, they don't stay soft.

as for products, I always recommend a 3m product called ultrafine machine polish to remove the hairline scratches that happen. Problem is this stuff is about 69 bucks a qt. I also recommend a chemical alternative to carnuba wax, that is a polymer sealant. I don't have the price on that product here, but I think it is even more. The worst part is even with a fleet of games, you would never use a qt of each.

So I bought some 8 oz bottles and I am going to sell these products in a smaller container, so that people don't have to buy enough to last several life times.

I am going to offer them to my customers when I ship a job back to them, but as of right now the bottles don't fit in my shipping crate unless the pf is a older pf like pre 1981 (centaur and older)
    so I will probably redesign that, or maybe just ship separate. The issue is to keep the cost down and we all know shipping goes up about every day.

So have patience as I work this idea out. I have the materials on hand now, and I suppose I should offer a pack of micro clothes if people are not close to a place to get those. You can contact me at my email which is [email protected] for questions or ordering. I will have prices when I go to the studio in a few to get the prices I paid for the polymer.

I plan to maybe make enough for the my troubles. I just don't want to have to tell another customer that the only product I want them to use on my finish cost about 70 bucks for an amount that he will never use, and maybe this idea will work.

Thanks again to all of my die hard supporters. Its when I hear someone say Kruzmans clear is the best, hands down, that gives me the energy to polish out a pf for an extra hour, so it looks so good I have sellers remorse. So thanks again, [email protected]

#2 8 years ago

I already screwed this up because I don't have the products here with me. the product to work the fine scratches is a glaze. Then the protective polymer would work great after. or you could use the ultrafine machine polish to remove very light swiril marks.

Either way if you decide you want something, you can contact me and describe the situation and I can hook you up with what will be best.
    see what I mean, I am just organizing this, and I am sure it will evolve after I find out what people want. Or maybe scrap the whole idea if it dosent help anyone. cheers, ron

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-a-playfield-cleared-by-ron-kruzman?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.