(Topic ID: 107781)

Do you have a pinball stance/dance? LOL

By badbilly27

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cgly4.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Ever watch someone playing a pinball game and they either:

A. Have a stance that is weird or move their entire body down for a play field like view
    B. Hit the flippers in a weird way and raise their hand off the game like they just rolled a bowling ball strike
    C. Jump when they hit the flippers or jerk a leg
    D. Play with their tongue out like Michael Jordan
    E. Shake/nudge the machine every time they loose a ball like they just missed a golf swing and it was the club's fault

Walking around Expo, playing in the Brawl, and at a few friends pinball parties I've noticed this often lately. Honestly, you guys are wacky - it's like Fred Flintstone bowling. So entertaining to watch you guys play. I've wanted for some time to video tape some of you and create a "best of pinball dance video" but didn't want to piss anyone off.

Anyone want to fess up their signature pinball dance move groove?

#2 9 years ago

There are some great ones featured in "special when lit"

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

There are some great ones featured in "special when lit"

Ya I saw that one, I never knew Roger Sharpe dances when he plays, and that tournament guy... damn

#4 9 years ago

I do B and C.....lol...my kid is always making fun of me.............Joey

#5 9 years ago

I often have my left foot flat on the ground and my right leg crossed.

Also. I notice when the ball is coming down the middle for a drain. I lean my body to the side I hit the flipper first

#6 9 years ago

I have a very good mate who looks like he is jamming his manly bits into the coin return.
    To boot, he also looks like a Tamarin Monkey!
    very fun and funny to watch and he embraces his quirkiness as we all should.

Cgly4.jpgCgly4.jpg
    #7 9 years ago

I stand up tall when playing a game in normal function but catch myself getting a wider stance when the game goes into video mode. It is like I am getting ready to perform some sort of athletic event lol. I am thinking to myself, man I am sure glad no one is out here to see me look like an idiot.

#8 9 years ago

Found a few of these on youtube. Check the train wreck (watch whole thing) at the bottom.

#9 9 years ago

on ac/dc there's alot of air guitar going on and the devil horns goin up \m/ so much fun

#10 9 years ago

Even they know in that crazy pinball wizard video to use white rubbers

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Found a few of these on youtube. Check the train wreck (watch whole thing) at the bottom.
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

I was totally digging that line up until that last one...

#12 9 years ago

I like to have my right leg planted back and swing my left leg to manipulate whatever pin.

My friend Tim Enders likes the wide legged stance that would normally get him into incarceration when he visits bathroom stalls.

Avoid known glory hole destinations is my best advice.

#13 9 years ago

a buddy told me my stance and motions are like standing pumpin a cutie from behind whatever that might mean.. its not like I'm trying to impersonate Elvis. yeah theres some forward and sideways nudging involved trying to muscle a machine around that weighs twice as much as I do a little when needed. its not like I'm trying to get the score reels rolling up in her sockets as she screams omg omg OMG! there isnt enough intent or effort to make it tilt and drain balls, so I really dont get it.

some other thread told about some psychologist claiming pinball was all about sexual frustrations, I wouldnt think so but it sure is funny to joke about. it might be true for some people I guess?

#14 9 years ago

I have funky left leg kicking that all of a sudden starts up much like the first vid when I'm doing well. Funny, when it's not going, I suck, when I notice it flying around, I'm inevitably doing well.

Maybe I should start swinging that leg to start from now on, and just see if nature takes course

I've noticed many people have a left leg that seems to move independent of the rest of their body. It's like I have to be blow off excitement somewhere, but everything else needs to be composed and on guard to play, left leg it is, right can still hold up the fort.

BTW, what is with the guy in the green costume in the first vid...

#15 9 years ago

Billy, what do you mean, "you guys.. ?"

#16 9 years ago

Rick stetta cracks me up.

#17 9 years ago

I had to change my stance to relieve pressure off my hands. So I go into a basic fighting stance to lower me a few inches (I'm 6') and ensure I am balanced to reduce fatigue and ensure I can nudge effectively. I don't do the Time Warp or anything when I play though. "You must be well rooted in the Tau young Pinballer."

I do have a friend here in KC who is a hip thruster when she plays. Pretty funny.

#18 9 years ago

I stand with my legs centered, left foot in back, right foot in front of it, and butted up against it. Knees bent, and about a foot and a half back from the game. I stand like that as It seems to keep me evenly balanced for when nudging, as well as lightly lower to the playfield to help line up those important shots......

#19 9 years ago

Instead of the fireplace channel, I wish someone would run a 24/7 Stetta channel. I could watch that for hours.

#20 9 years ago

I did but i don't do that much anymore unless i have a good game going. My back doesn't allow me to crouch like i like to.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

My friend Tim Enders likes the wide legged stance that would normally get him into incarceration when he visits bathroom stalls.

a larry craig joke. nice

#22 9 years ago

I have bad posture and it hurts my hands to play for a long time. I am 6' 3" so If I am standing more straight, all that leaning on my hands kills after a while. I try to stand lower to relieve that pressure, and help with aiming harder shots. Also, I stand with one leg in front of the other. The weird part is, when I start a MB or a hard mode, I switch my stance to make the other foot in front, haha. No purpose to this what so ever, just a natural reaction.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have bad posture and it hurts my hands to play for a long time. I am 6' 3" so If I am standing more straight, all that leaning on my hands kills after a while. I try to stand lower to relieve that pressure, and help with aiming harder shots. Also, I stand with one leg in front of the other. The weird part is, when I start a MB or a hard mode, I switch my stance to make the other foot in front, haha. No purpose to this what so ever, just a natural reaction.

I wonder about this too. I'm 6'3" as well, and the bending is a bit of a pain for long periods.

#24 9 years ago

No. You're doing it all wrong.

There is only 1 stance that gives you perfect balance, strength, and agility in life...

When I'm in standing in my dojo, right before winning a gold-medal match, I practice using a form of marital arts, second-to-none, something I like to call Mof-Kwon-Do, I'm focused on PERFECT no-fatigue technique.

My patented pinball stance (that I will not reveal here on the internet) does not have me hover over the pinball machine like a turtle, throwing out my trapezius and lower back costing me thousands in lost wages on physical therapy bills. The traditional stance is for LOSERS !

For only $300, I will take you through my 8-week program and show you the one and only proper pinball technique.

Some of my students have gone on to open their own inspirational trainings...
    -mof

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I wonder about this too. I'm 6'3" as well, and the bending is a bit of a pain for long periods.

Todd MacCulloch is 7' and has a medical condition that makes him need to sit down a lot. Despite the handicaps, dude is very competitive. So if you see him at a show (and he's not busy), say hi and ask him for tips. His stance isn't unusual, other than him being 7' tall. Hell of a nice guy too.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=442

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

For only $300, I will take you through my 8-week program and show you the one and only proper pinball technique.

Forget about it!

#27 9 years ago

mof, does that come with Shasta and sandwiches?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-a-pinball-stancedance-lol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.