(Topic ID: 215194)

Do you have a "never, ever, never" for sale game in your collection?

By Minneapolispin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03721 (resized).JPG
DSC03720 (resized).JPG
031 (resized).JPG
IMG_1772 (resized).PNG
IMG_1771 (resized).PNG
IMG_1770 (resized).PNG
7cbcd1c0d3e9d8a992791711f761dbd82bc42d72.jpg
9FA33B5B-C42F-4CE9-9FA4-17C6CA57D520 (resized).jpeg
1F288599-272D-4D37-A77E-5522C4DF65B3 (resized).jpeg
c8747b035cfa574a8e91daa81a26c4f45e3aa5ba (resized).jpg
2016 pictures 039 (resized).JPG
1979C8B2-7DAB-4C1F-B49F-7AE88CC5C18A (resized).jpeg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Do you have a game that you will never sell and remain in your collection forever? And don't say you'd sell your "xxxx" if someone offered you $10,000.

Maybe the game just kicks so much ass and you love playing it all the time? Maybe the game or the story of how you came to own it has sentimental value, more than the $ if you sold it does?

#2 5 years ago

I did, but then I sold it...

#4 5 years ago

I have 3
Surf Champ professionally restored by APR
WNBJM a true Limited Edition
and "the best game ever " Gilligan's Island and YES I am serious.

#5 5 years ago

I wouldn't say never ever. There are a few that would be the last to go.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago

Every machine I’ve brought into the house. I may store it but won’t sell it. Too many memories with the family rebuilding playing cleaning etc.

#7 5 years ago

I was thinking about it the other day. I have great memories going on game pick ups with my son. The adventure to pick it up is why I’ll never sell my Guns N’ Roses or my 78’ KISS. The memories of us going to buy it and getting back home are worth more to me than any $. Austin Powers is another I’ll never sell. I just love the movies and love playing it.

#8 5 years ago

Harley Davidson Third Edition was my very first pin I ever owned and has too much sentimental value to it .

AC/DC is my first NIB experience and is my favorite pin to play in my collection, so it will never leave.

Stern Trek LE will never leave not because it's a fun pin to play and beautiful to look at, but because it's Star Trek LE #2. I didn't request a number and thought it was so neat to randomly get that number which I beleave is the lowest number you can get.

Now with all the hype that Iron Maiden LE is getting, it will probably never leave.

#9 5 years ago

BSD...“30 Million!”

#10 5 years ago

They are all for sale. I don't really get that attached. All pinball gets boring after a bit.

#11 5 years ago

No. Every game has its price.

#12 5 years ago

TOTAN.
The only way I'd part with it is if I were to replace it with another TOTAN in better condition.

#13 5 years ago

My Mustang Pro. Now I have 2 Mustangs that I would never sell.....and both were NIB.

#14 5 years ago

Never love something that can’t love you back, as my grandfather once told me. You can be proud of your car, or in this case pinball machine, but love your wife, your family, your pets. Wise words. What’s really important, the machine or the memories made with them?

#15 5 years ago

I can't see myself ever selling anything currently in my collection; whether it's because of the theme, the nostalgia, the work I've put into them, they're a great game, the minty original condition, or a combination of these. It's going to come to a point eventually where something has to be sold, I only have room for maybe twelve games tops, and my wishlist is long. I just have no idea how to decide what hits the chopping block.

#16 5 years ago

Last to go right now would be IJA and WOZ.

#17 5 years ago

Not yet but I'm still waiting for my TNA and Spooky is still taking orders.

#18 5 years ago

Centaur II will never leave.

TNA most likely after it being the first and maybe only NIB

#19 5 years ago

Yes. My AFM. Waited 20 yrs and watched it go from $3000 to $8250 from 2009 to 2016. I'll charge as much as a 1994 McLaren F-1 before I ever let it go.

#20 5 years ago

Bsd would be the last game to leave.

#21 5 years ago

i only have 1 pin,a GnR and i will NEVER sell it....infact, i think i`m gonna be buried in it.......

#22 5 years ago

My gorgeous Tron Pro.

#23 5 years ago

STLE!!! My kids love it. No way it goes anywhere.

For me it is probably TWDLE and TronLE. I love the theme of both and great game play.

I never thought I would move LOTR but I did last year and bought a nicer one just a few weeks ago. So I guess you never know.

#24 5 years ago

Last to go would be MET and TWD....

#25 5 years ago

My Gottlieb Sure Shot
first game I owned
(probably would not sell my Bally Star Trek either)

#26 5 years ago

I dont see my dile going anywhere for a long time if ever(definitely last to go) ... only time wld be if i get in financial difficulties . I had tz for a long time but sold it month or so ago... thought id have it forever but money talks in some cases. All pins have a expiration date imo bc they all can get boring over time... especially older ones.

#27 5 years ago

TZ, MB and I'm pretty sure - DILE

#28 5 years ago

MET and TWD will never leave

#29 5 years ago

Every game has a price. Assuming market value offered (instead of $50,000 or so) my TSPP would be hard to sell. It was my first. Also a true HUO. So for the $5500-6000 going rate I would not sell. I also have a customized Tron and Iron Man by Gio at Refinery. Pretty hard to let them go.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I have 3
Surf Champ professionally restored by APR
WNBJM a true Limited Edition
and "the best game ever " Gilligan's Island and YES I am serious.

Gilligans Island might be one of the worst games ever...at the very least, for WPC. Shoot the rope? 250k The coconuts? 300k, Shoot KONA? 50 million. Makes sense.

Surf Champ is cool though.

#31 5 years ago

TZ is my last to go. I’m also VERY reluctant to get rid of games I have re-gotten after letting them go once, like CFTBL, BK2K and JD.

#32 5 years ago

MM and TWDLE

...still chasing another « never, ever, never game for sale », I mean when you love all aspects of the machine, each square inch.

Still own MB, Met pro Led, DILE that are all great machines but there is at least one aspect I dislike or I find weak.

Also Have owned many games and the ones I regret the more are BBB, Tron LE.

#33 5 years ago

For a long time mine was MM until I built a second one out of a converted NBAFB (pre remakes) and it immediately dawns on you they are all just an electronic box of lights.

If I was really desperate for a reason not to sell I could use the excuse and say my original MM is a genuine Australian delivered unit as WPC-95 titles only came to Australia in very low numbers in the second half of the '90s.

Maybe BBB because I paid aftermarket pricing.

In reality every game I own now has a price and is potentially for sale.

#34 5 years ago

RFM, Maverick and now Fish Tales are my keepers.

#35 5 years ago

My IJ and TZ unless someone really went over the charts on an offer. My EatPM wouldn’t be as hard to let go, but it would still need to be enough of an offer to not to pass it up.

Bride of Pinbot...I’d trade it towards any machine on my wish list.

#37 5 years ago

No. I have favorites, but it’s just stuff.

#38 5 years ago

Taf. Best pinballl money I ever spent. Family loves it, friends love it, randos love it, plus it oozes nostalgia. Its humorous, it’s got the right amount of difficulty, and the rules are easy to explain to beginners. It’s got unique features, and the modes are fun to play. The music fits theme to a T, and is top notch.

#39 5 years ago

I have had several games that I would "never" sell.
Trident
Big Brave
I kept both of them for 10 years and really loved them.

Other games ( most of the ones I have now) I am upside down on and will take a loss on. I will have to sell them for less than I have into them. This makes them stay longer than games I can break even on.

But, eventually the need for space, the desire to get some other game, and the fact that they all get old ( game play wise) sooner or later, has me now not saying "never" about anything in my collection.

You can almost always get a game title that you have had before, so selling is not so final. However, I remember reading a post where someone said " you can never sell your game for what it is worth, and you can never buy that title back for what you sold your copy for." I do believe this to be true.

#40 5 years ago

I sure do and it's simply because of the amount of care and work that went into her ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-years-for-my-bride-of-pinbot

#41 5 years ago

Bring this back to cle pin

#42 5 years ago

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Some may be wondering why a rather
simple early ss is my hands off never sell.
Reason? It was my first.

#43 5 years ago

I would say my Addams GOLD.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Some may be wondering why a rather
simple early ss is my hands off never sell.
Reason? It was my first.

Wasn’t my first, but might as well have been.

Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Bring this back to cle pin

This can be arranged. Still trying to figure out what I will bring.

#45 5 years ago

MMr. I have always wanted a Mm since playing it tons in college. I have been collecting pins for just over 10 years. And have bought traded and sold out over 40 in that time. Got my MMR LE gold and it's never going.

If I could only have 1, MMr would be it. It's all the pin I need. But I still want more pins I don't need.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I would say my Addams GOLD.

Same here, a great title to begin with, and the rarity of this machine.

#47 5 years ago

I have several I wouldn't want to sell. However if I did I could replace them without much trouble.

#48 5 years ago

I would say either TSPP or TAF. TSPP was my first machine. But, TAF was the game I played the most when I was young.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Same here, a great title to begin with, and the rarity of this machine.

The best Pat Lawlor game besides DI.

#50 5 years ago

MY wife told me that I can’t sell “her” Star Trek pro or Dialed In. Those two are her favorite pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-have-a-never-ever-never-for-sale-game-in-your-collection?hl=jlebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.