Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C749F54D-BD05-4E55-B159-63D6F1A1515B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 5 years ago

I think the "what's your best price" question is dumb, but I try to be diplomatic about it anyway. I'll say I posted the sale price, the next step is up to you. Or you can be a bit more direct and tell them "I don't negotiate with myself." Unlike others, I also try to reveal as much as possible about the machine so there's no surprises and need to renegotiate. Some morons try to point out stupid and insignificant stuff, and I feel like telling them to get lost, I don't need the money that bad, but I'm too nice to do it. I'll try to be more diplomatic, that doesn't affect the value / I don't agree with that / the price is fair / I'll hang onto it at that offer.

If buying, I'll try to come up with my best offer from what I see in the pictures to see if it is worth going for a look. If when I show up, there's other issues that weren't revealed by pictures or the description, I'll definitely haggle again. Misrepresentation is pretty common. I've also wasted my time going out to see something that was described one way and it turns out it's another. You then try to negotiate because of that but it can be difficult because they'll say I got another guy offering me $XXXX. Yeah, cause he hasn't seen it and the shape it's in yet either.

Also, I always try to fix everything up on a machine before selling, whereas the pins I go out to see are more often neglected.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Whats your bottom dollar? questions get returned with: whats the most you're willing to pay? That rebuttal has saved me tons of time and heartache negotiating with cheap f*cks.

Oh, forgot about that one, I've used it too, that's probably the best one.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I am very methodical when it comes to buying games. Unfortunately, I miss out on a lot of games because of this. It amazes me how quickly some people will jump on a game sight unseen for a seemingly high price.

This might work for getting some nicer, higher-priced games, but you're not going to get any scoops that way. It also doesn't mean it was unseen or went for a high price.

If there's a machine I'm interested in, even if priced high, if I can, I'll immediately go see it. You have to jump if you want a deal, because if you don't someone else will while you're waiting for your hires pics.

Recently a machine was posted for $4000. It sat without a lot of interest presumably. Seller dropped the price to $3000 and I was first to go see it. I bought it for $2200.

Another one I saw was posted for $3000, but had lots of issues when I saw it. I described everything that was wrong with it, and got it for $1400. Some people are still actually reasonable when they understand the problems. That one it turned out they had previously tried to sell for same high price, and previous potential buyer offered $1600 which they declined. But now they no longer thought they were sitting on a pot of gold.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-haggle-twice-?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.