(Topic ID: 199128)

Is bbh worth a judge dredd straight up????

By Bigbad

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bigbad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have been offered a very good condition judge dredd for my very good condition big buck hunter, do you guys think this is a good trade, I honestly don’t know, but according to pinside bbh sells around 4200 and jd is around 2500 or so, so I’m definately skeptical!!!

#2 6 years ago

I'd say you'll be taking a huge loss.

#3 6 years ago

no way!
    jd +2k minimum

never straight

in that case sell bbh and buy what u want

#4 6 years ago

He should kick in $1500-$2000 cash depending on the condition of the games. Is your BBH HUO or has it been routed?

#5 6 years ago

I think it has been routed before, but it is in very good condition, playfield has zero wear and everything works fine, couple dings on the cabinet, that’s about it

#6 6 years ago

Don't do it! $2,000-$2500 for JD vs. BBH @ $3200-$4000. It's not a good value. I would ask for some $ as well if it was me.

#7 6 years ago

I tried to offer my starship troopers plus 500 (this is Cad and right now it’s worth less than USD) but he said no thanks cause he said his jd is worth around 5000 CAD or right around 4000 USD, oh well I’ll just hold onto my games till I find a buyer

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbad:

he said his #judge-dredd is worth around 5000 CAD or right around 4000 USD

He's wrong.

#9 6 years ago

He's overvaluing the Judge Dredd, but it's still a FAR superior game to Big Buck Hunter. BBH isn't as bad as its reputation, but it's still nowhere near as good as JD.

#10 6 years ago

never played a BBH but it can't be that worse than JD

#11 6 years ago

JD looks impressive with its ramps, widebody size, good art and intricate playfield layout, but it really isn't that fun overall... just doesn't come together as an exciting pin. BBH might look more austere, but it's got solid rules with good strategy and shoots well. Callouts are much better as well. I'd think Dredd plus at least 1.5K on this trade. Dredd has been kicking around 1500-2500 for a long time and there's good reason for that. Perhaps a complete software rewrite would help, but as is, it's pretty meh.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

He's overvaluing the Judge Dredd, but it's still a FAR superior game to Big Buck Hunter. BBH isn't as bad as its reputation, but it's still nowhere near as good as JD.

I'd take BBH or SST over Dredd any day. BBH is my favorite of the 3 as it has the best rules of the bunch. Agree with Metallik that JD looks far more impressive than it is fun. I used to have one and don't miss it at all.

#13 6 years ago

Ya I’ll just keep my bbh on the market then and see what happens, I just want to sell my bbh and sst so I can get a new game....easier said than done

#14 6 years ago

BBH and strategy? Ok. I mean, if chaining multiballs is strategy.

Starship Troopers is super underrated. I think it's pretty dang fun for dollar games.

#15 6 years ago

Ya sst is fun, then you realize all your doing is wash rinse repeat, but in a collection of 5 or more games I guess it can find it’s place

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-guys-think-big-buck-hunter-trade-for-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.