Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by alexmogil
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you go to the theater ”

• Yes 26 votes
      39%
    • No 40 votes
      61%

(66 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Our local theaters (live play, not a movie) just released its schedule for 2019 and I’m very excited. Next year there are at least 5 shows that I plan to take my daughter to. Annie and Disney’s beauty and the beast stand out as two of the larger productions.

So it’s a simple question. Do you also enjoy Going to the theater or ballet? I’m curious how many pinheads also love the arts?

#2 5 years ago

I went once with alanis morissette before she became famous. Never been back since.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I went once with alanis morissette before she became famous. Never been back since.

OMG uncle joey is a pinhead

#4 5 years ago

Once each month, my wife and I catch a Broadway show and grab a drink at Sardi's.

#5 5 years ago

Hell yes. We are regular season ticket holders to the Kennedy Center and catch the NSO and half the operas there. When we are in NY It’s TKTS all day so I can afford a new IMDN

#6 5 years ago

Yes! We've got a Broadway season ticket package for the Minneapolis Orpheum. We finally saw Hamilton over Labor Day, next month Book of Mormon. It makes for a great night out each month.

#7 5 years ago

No.

#8 5 years ago

I added a poll. I don’t know why it didn’t work the first time.

#9 5 years ago

With what time? That's why pinball is my hobby. It's something I can do at home and go to bed.

#10 5 years ago

The last live show I went to was Jaime Farr and William Christopher (yes, from M*A*S*H), doing The Odd Couple.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Our local theaters (live play, not a movie) just released its schedule for 2019 and I’m very excited. Next year there are at least 5 shows that I plan to take my daughter to. Annie and Disney’s beauty and the beast stand out as two of the larger productions.
    So it’s a simple question. Do you also enjoy Going to the theater or ballet? I’m curious how many pinheads also love the arts?

Only for something really great. We bought tickets 8 months in advance for Hamilton and it was worth every penny. We all said we wanted to see it again as we were walking out. But that's an exceptional production. The garden-variety stuff? Not too excited about it.

#12 5 years ago

Love going to shows.

#13 5 years ago

In my white trash mind i thought this was a thread about going to the movies.

#14 5 years ago

Locally we also have the Stratford Shakespeare festival theater, it is fairly famous, although I haven’t been there yet.

#15 5 years ago

I’m close enough to NYC that I can go down a couple times a year to catch a show. And I’ll be going again in a few weeks to hit the TKTS booth. No idea what show it will be, but I’m excited for it.

I hit local shows when I can. If I see a sign and I’m going to be free, I’ll try to get to it. Live theatre is great.

#16 5 years ago

Amazingly sioux falls has a good theatre scene. They get 6-9 Broadway shows each year. Plus the moscow ballet nutcracker each Christmas.
    And tickets are cheaper. It is a no brainer to go

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

next month Book of Mormon. It makes for a great night out each month.

The book of Mormon is hilarious. Of the 20 or so I've seen over the past few years the only 2 i didn't care for were Pippen and Into the Woods

#18 5 years ago

Where I can, Absolutely!

We have lots of small theatre companies, and the local talent is deep.

The "connection" that occurs with live actors, is an emotional ride with the play.
    Something Not possible in Movies.

Comedies, especially. Last couple were Duck Soup, Marx Brothers, and Something Rotten.

If you dont go....Try a Holiday Play with the family...

Of course, I have some bias, doing theater when I was younger, and hanging out off broadway.....

#19 5 years ago

Yeah! Just saw Come From Away here in Toronto, and bought tickets for the upcoming season at the Canadian Opera. Theatrical design is one of my hobbies, for many of the same reasons I find pinball design so exciting.

#20 5 years ago

Living a couple of blocks from Broadway I can't help but go every now and then to entertain guests/relatives etc. who are visiting but it's really not my passion. It's pretty rare I really enjoy a show and remember it.

Living here 20 years I've probably been to like 20 shows or so.

I think the last one was Larry David's Fish in the Dark which is kinda cool, cause Larry and all.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Living a couple of blocks from Broadway I can't help but go every now and then to entertain guests/relatives etc. who are visiting but it's really not my passion. It's pretty rare I really enjoy a show and remember it.
    Living here 20 years I've probably been to like 20 shows or so.
    I think the last one was Larry David's Fish in the Dark which is kinda cool, cause Larry and all.

How about off Broadway? More Intimate, More cutting.....Broadway seems to be like Disneyworld,
    safe, commercial successes.
    Do you see it differently?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How about off Broadway? More Intimate, More cutting.....Broadway seems to be like Disneyworld,
    safe, commercial successes.
    Do you see it differently?

I've seen plenty of off broadway as well.

It's just not really my cup of tea!

#23 5 years ago

This was just posted in the predator thread. I'd see this musical.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

This was just posted in the predator thread. I'd see this musical.

That’s fantastic. I’d watch that too

I’ll have that stuck in my head all day now. If it bleeds we can kill it.

#25 5 years ago

Star Wars in Concert presented by the ASO for something a bit more mainstream is on this Saturday and I'll be there.

#26 5 years ago

I volunteer and perform in my local community theater. Right now we're doing "A Christmas Story," and I am The Old Man. This last summer I was Mr. Mushnik from "Little Shop of Horrors."

When large shows come near our town my wife and I love going to see them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-go-to-the-theater?hl=jerryb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.