(Topic ID: 257928)

DO you go to the end of the line if you transfer a Spooky Preorder?

By PantherCityPins

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F602D511-4FD8-4455-BDA4-F78C6E64EE79 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I saw someone mention this in a recent for sale thread for a Rick and Morty preorder spot. I don't have a dog in the fight but it would certainly change the pre-order slot flipper market if it is true that your spot goes to the end of the line if transferred to another person. I looked on the Spooky website and there is some vague language about them expecting you to treat your spot as an intent to buy but I couldn't find a policy on the site that addresses this question.

Does anyone have any insight here?

Disclaimer: I don't own a Rick and Morty spot nor do I ever intend to purchase a Rick and Morty spot. I'm just curious and think as a community this is an important thing to clarify.

#2 4 years ago

Yes you do lose your spot. Or so I’ve heard.

#3 4 years ago

Several individuals have stated this is a lie from hell.

#4 4 years ago

Sounds like someone from Spooky needs to clarify this. Obviously whoever just bought a spot for $2500 wouldn't be happy to hear they are at the end of the line!

#5 4 years ago

Yeah spooky!!!

Why the deafening silence?!

What ELSE are you hiding?!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It won't matter a bit what your address is at the time of purchase... just what it is at shipping.

quid pro quo

somebody sends somebody money , somebody sends "an alternate address from another dimension" at shipping

perfect transaction

<for entertainment purposes only>

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

quid pro quo
somebody sends somebody money , somebody sends "an alternate address from another dimension" at shipping
perfect transaction
&lt;for entertainment purposes only&gt;

Right? I heard charlie say you go to the back of the line but how do they know you sold your spot?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Right? I heard charlie say you go to the back of the line but how do they know you sold your spot?

Maybe if there is a huge thread about it on Pinside. . .

#9 4 years ago

If you sold your spot you would have to transfer it into the new owners name or they technically wouldnt own it. Also it would need to be in the new owners name to pay remaining balance when it's done.

#10 4 years ago

No you sell the spot you have and that’s it - people need to stop making stupid shit up.

Ugh...

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

No you sell the spot you have and that’s it - people need to stop making stupid shit up.
Ugh...

Well that kinda sucks...I thought we were trying to stop flippers, not help them.

#12 4 years ago

I think if Spooky makes people go to the back of the line when transferring pre orders, we'll just end up with more people taking delivery of the game and then selling it right away NIB.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ugh...

PinballSTAR
you tell them joe.... get em tiger!!!!

Quoted from Fizz:

I think if Spooky makes people go to the back of the line when transferring pre orders, we'll just end up with more people taking delivery of the game and then selling it right away NIB.

and I doubt spooky wants to manage this debacle!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ugh...

This statement is confusing to me then...what is he talking about? It was luke not charlie so I was wrong there.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The people who bought spots today took alot of time up moving themselves hundreds of spots down in line.

#15 4 years ago

This statement is confusing to me then...what is he talking about? It was luke not charlie so I was wrong there.

Maybe first day flippers before numbers were assigned ? That I can see. Otherwise not that I’m aware of.

And yes we care about flippers but how do we know why someone’s selling a spot ? You guys police that and JUST DO NOT BUY A SPOT IF ITS ONE RED CENT MORE THAN RETAIL COST. Problem solved. By the time 18 months roll around games will open up for legit reasons and at the same cost. Don’t be a sucker.

#16 4 years ago

Obviously if people didn't pay inflated prices for a spot there wouldn't be an issue but as there have been at least 3 for sale posts recently for Rick and Morty spots for $1500+ more than retail I think it's a question worth asking.

To me there's a big difference between "owning your spot" and paying someone $1500 and then trusting that they will come through with completing the transaction and shipping it to you in the end.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Maybe first day flippers before numbers were assigned ? That I can see. Otherwise not that I’m aware of.
And yes we care about flippers but how do we know why someone’s selling a spot ? You guys police that and JUST DO NOT BUY A SPOT IF ITS ONE RED CENT MORE THAN RETAIL COST. Problem solved. By the time 18 months roll around games will open up for legit reasons and at the same cost. Don’t be a sucker.

Exactly. How about instead of worrying about flippers, you worry about the people throwing money at the flippers. Maybe you can try to control what people do with their money.

The reason Spooky has it so you have to take care of selling your spot is because they don't want to get involved.

I guess you can post these questions here, hoping Spooky replies, but seriously, if you really need an answer, you can call Sppoky and ask why they run things how they run them. Maybe you can volunteer to take care of all the spot transfers for them.

Hilarious.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Exactly. How about instead of worrying about flippers, you worry about the people throwing money at the flippers.

I cant fault them bro. If I had the coin, and I missed out, I would pay up for a high spot for sure. No doubt. This was my theme. Thanks scott!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Exactly. How about instead of worrying about flippers, you worry about the people throwing money at the flippers. Maybe you can try to control what people do with their money.
The reason Spooky has it so you have to take care of selling your spot is because they don't want to get involved.
I guess you can post these questions here, hoping Spooky replies, but seriously, if you really need an answer, you can call Sppoky and ask why they run things how they run them. Maybe you can volunteer to take care of all the spot transfers for them.
Hilarious.

Relax bro! Just asking a question! Still haven’t heard the answer though. If this is going to be Spooky's model going forward then people are going to speculate on reserve spots for hot titles. The current system kind of encourages scalping of these spots which may or may not be Spooky's intention. If Spooky has a policy regarding transfer of pre-orders then I think that is something that would be good to know.
F602D511-4FD8-4455-BDA4-F78C6E64EE79 (resized).jpegF602D511-4FD8-4455-BDA4-F78C6E64EE79 (resized).jpeg

#20 4 years ago

I've only read that they'll be built as per numbered. I dont know if there are exceptions to that rule - ie, like the person that won the charity raffle. When they're ready, they'll be ready.

#21 4 years ago

#22 4 years ago

why should spooky or anybody care? like joe stated somebody buys a spot. maybe somebody selling because they can no longer commit to paying the outstanding balance. should spooky lose that money? if original buyer sells their spot spooky gets paid and still sells the pin. not every pin will sell out like r m did in 4 hours. spooky is in the business to sell pins, they are not piss detectives.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

why should spooky or anybody care? like joe stated somebody buys a spot. maybe somebody selling because they can no longer commit to paying the outstanding balance. should spooky lose that money? if original buyer sells their spot spooky gets paid and still sells the pin. not every pin will sell out like r m did in 4 hours. spooky is in the business to sell pins, they are not piss detectives.

I wouldn't think they would care. My question came up simply because someone said in a thread that Charlie had stated before that if a pre-order is transferred it goes to the end of the line. This could be completely false for all I know. I just asked the question because I couldn't find an answer on their website.

#24 4 years ago

You should go to the end of the line, this way I get my game faster!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I wouldn't think they would care. My question came up simply because someone said in a thread that Charlie had stated before that if a pre-order is transferred it goes to the end of the line. This could be completely false for all I know. I just asked the question because I couldn't find an answer on their website.

someone mentioned a transfer fee which actually makes the most sense.

Non-refundable deposit attached to name and address when placing the order.
Want to change the shipping address, it costs $250 due to the hassle.

That may seen like a lot, but if every game starts changing hands mutliple times, then that is lots of wasted time/effort for Spooky to service a non-customer.

#26 4 years ago

These hare brained schemes all show almost zero thought.

When people buy something, they want to be able to do what they want with it. Simple as that.

What about the next spooky game that ISNT Rick and morty? People
Might not lay down their deposit because they know if circumstances change and they want/need to get rid of it they will have to pay some ridiculous fee or run through hoops.

People were trying to get rid of rob zombie and Alice Cooper pre Orders left and right. If spooky had made it difficult and expensive it may have soured plenty of people on buying from spooky.

I wish people would stop trying to tell spooky what to do. The ONE boutique pinball company that has managed to be a success and everybody thinks they know better than they do. Give it a rest already.

#27 4 years ago

Too many people worrying about other people's money.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Too many people worrying about other people's money.

I'm worrying that in all the confusion, one of those great Spooky Rick and Morty pins might end up homeless.

LTG : (

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Non-refundable deposit attached to name and address when placing the order.
Want to change the shipping address, it costs $250 due to the hassle

This isn't a bad idea; it sends some of the flipping profits back to spooky as a proper service fee. Remember, if someone really wants to flip a game, they can wait til they receive it and just sell it NIB then, but if they want spooky's help, they can pay for it.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Relax bro! Just asking a question! Still haven’t heard the answer though. If this is going to be Spooky's model going forward then people are going to speculate on reserve spots for hot titles. The current system kind of encourages scalping of these spots which may or may not be Spooky's intention. If Spooky has a policy regarding transfer of pre-orders then I think that is something that would be good to know.
[quoted image]

No anger. And now I realize you do have a dog in the fight, as you're worried about future Spooky games.

Did you call them yet and ask them?

I'm apathetic about flippers or pin scalpers or whatever. I don't care if you purchase the spot ahead of me tomorrow and get to stay there.

I'm not sure it's right to ask Spooky to figure out how to stop flippers from getting spots... to waste their time with it.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Did you call them yet and ask them?

This is the best and accurate way to get your answer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-go-to-the-end-of-the-line-if-you-transfer-a-spooky-preorder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.