View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1265 4 years ago

One thing I see most people do not consider is all these things you put into your body whether that be a vaccination of some sort or the Red #40 you ingest on a regular basis is these thing not only have an effect on you but your offspring as well. Something I myself never considered until one of my children was born with illness he will live with forever. I am not arguing one way or the other, just to point out that the choices you make go beyond just YOU.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Don't forget the Aluminum industry chemical waste product Fluoride for your child's young teeth and even gums. My sister gave the thumbs up to her child's dentist to give Fluoride paste treatment to her 8 month old. Fluoride is a neurotoxin. Good old Edward Bernays. For your safety....

Its absolutely incredible what people will knowingly put in their bodies. You can tell someone they are ingesting a chemical which is known to cause cancer and they will eat it anyway. The response I usually get is pretty much the same as some of the responses here, "Well you're going to die anyways". That's fine if you have that little regard for your own life but what about children you may have in the future and how these things might effect their development?

As for me it is to late, I am a product of the chemical age. Vibrant colored foods, plastic everything right down to the clothes I wore, Teflon, highly processed foods, fast food junk etc. At least I have the excuse of not knowing any better growing up. Information wasn't easily available as it is today. I do not live like that today and my children certainly don't.

Modern medicine does have its place and sometimes it is necessary to pick the lesser of the evils. For instance if I needed a CAT scan because I had some serious issues then by all means I would get one, but If I was asked to get one to "check and see" without anything to go on. Then no thank you, I will do without the concentrated radiation to my head.

#1370 4 years ago

I think what strikes me as odd when I think about this thread is some people are so worried they may get sick and die but they wake up in the morning, ingest some BHT with their breakfast, drink a couple energy drinks at work, stop at burger king on the way home, maybe snack on some crackers with TBHQ and wash it down with some RED #40 or a soda. I guess the slow killer goes unnoticed.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

It's shocking to me how many grown men use the restroom and walk out without washing their hands. I guess soap and water has some unknown side effect and the government is trying to control the population through hand washing.

I saw a guy leave the bathroom stall at a grocery store, never stopped to wash his hands and headed right for the produce section

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I get a flu shot (and vaccines) because I place more trust in science and doctors than random wackos on the internet, and also because I tend to not do stupid things when it comes to my health.

It is not a matter of "trusting some wackos on the internet". It is about using the information that is more readily available now than it ever was to your advantage. KNOW what you are eating and what you are being injected with or procedures you are having. In most cases it is required by law to list the ingredients of food and or medicine. Take the time to do a little research. When it comes to medicine you by all means are not going to understand every compound that makes it up but you will get an idea. Food on the other hand is a little easier. And trust me this is coming from a guy who just threw sh!t into my shopping cart and never read a label. I am also a person with a son who relies on modern medicine. So I am not some wacko one sided person. I am just very cautious and I do not blindly trust anyone. As the saying goes, just because I carry a hammer that doesn't make me a carpenter.

The sad reality is America is a big business opportunity to a lot of people. These people will knowingly kill you slowly to turn a profit and sleep just fine at night.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yep. And junk science/conspiracy business is big business these days.

You are absolutely right. If you want to paint everyone who makes an educated decision that doesn't conform to what you do with the "you trust in junk science/ base decisions based on conspiracy business" then you have that right. I didn't post to sway anyone one way or the other. I am just saying to do your own research and make your own decisions based on that. Don't just blindly follow anyone whether that be a Dr. or otherwise. There is credible information out there.

1 month later
#2040 4 years ago

I have a serious question maybe someone here can answer. Since everything is always evolving and adapting, how do you know the viruses for which you are vaccinated from haven't evolved rendering the vaccine useless?

Edit: I am talking about vaccines in general, not just the flu vaccine.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Simple answer is that different viruses mutate at different rates. Influenza mutates very rapidly so it's really not possible to eradicate it with vaccination. Something like smallpox mutuates much much more slowly so if you vaccinate the population you can eradicate the disease from that area of the earth. There has not been a case of smallpox in the US since 1980.

I appreciate your response. I would have guessed the flu is a fast evolving virus. Though in the case of other viruses, It would seem to me that you wouldn't know how the virus developed further until people started showing up dead (or infected etc.) and you took that new virus and studied it. Though not being in medicine I could be way off base.

2 weeks later
#2162 4 years ago
AC37C274-C195-49B3-B887-B151A40A2357 (resized).pngAC37C274-C195-49B3-B887-B151A40A2357 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.