View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

390 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 1 of 2.
#25 6 years ago

No way! Survival of the fittest.

I don't let those quacks pump anything into my body.

#46 6 years ago

cn (resized).jpgcn (resized).jpg

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you just rode out that case of the clap, penicillin free?

No, but I'm still waiting for that case of syphilis I think I picked up when I was 19 to kick in.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

There is mercury in vaccines... no thanks.

The same people that tell you to take vaccines will also tell you it is safe to fill your teeth with mercury.

#70 6 years ago

Can a flu shot affect you ability to spell words like "seasonal" correctly?

#80 6 years ago

Seriously, each individual has the right to decide how he or her wants to take care of their health and it is nobody elses place to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.

When people go back to minding their own business and quit trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats, the world will be a better place.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

unvaccinated kids should be allowed to attend daycare or public school. Otherwise you end up with a situation like I found in Colorado, where hippy dipshits consult the crystals and decide not to vaccinate, and my kid gets exposed to whooping cough at daycare and ends up in urgent care with a tube up his nose.

So were your kids vaccinated? If so why did he get sick?

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from PNorth:

You may be healthy with a strong immune system, but there are others (elderly, young children and babies, and others with immuno-compromised conditions) that won't just have a crappy week with it. They could die from it.

My 95 year old mother is anti as anyone. 10 years ago she got her last flu shot and became violently ill shortly thereafter. Put her in the hospital it did. She swore then she would never get another and hasn't since.

I'm pretty certain all these scientists messing with all these viruses in their laboratories will someday somehow be responsible when a major plague hits.

#125 6 years ago

I won't tell people not to get a flu shot, just like I would hope people would not tell me to get one.

That's like telling fat people not to eat too much. Yeah, like they are going to listen while they are stuffing their faces with the crap that makes them unhealthy in the first place.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Has this been a real issue in your life? I've never had anyone tell me to not get a flu shot

No issue at all.

People are always telling others what they should do or should not do. Like when DDT was a great way to keep bugs off your plants. Or let's sit and watch that atomic bomb go off in the Nevada desert as our hair gets blown back.

I do my own research, make my own choices, and never follow the herd to the slaughter.

Or as my wise mother once said, if you saw somebody jump off a cliff, would you do the same?

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is there water at the bottom and does it look like fun?

Well yes, I did jump off that cliff and it was fun!

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from adania:

When i worked in elementary schools, i would get the flu like clockwork every spring,

When I was in elementary school, we stood in line and took our shots like men.

12BIGCITY-master1050 (resized).jpg12BIGCITY-master1050 (resized).jpg

vaccine-exemption-children-618x348 (resized).jpgvaccine-exemption-children-618x348 (resized).jpg

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm telling people here because this is a why or why not thread discussing it. I thought, hey, I've read the science on this, why not pipe in with some fact based knowledge...only to be lambasted by the fringe elements, which oddly enough seem to be in higher than average numbers in the pinball community

Fringe or not, you probably won't find many people that care for "guilt trip" tactics trying to make them do what they have already done their own research on and decided they don't need or want for their own well being.

Now if somebody is sick with a highly contagious disease, and the powers that be decide to quarantine that person so it doesn't spread, I'm OK with that. But I don't believe in forced medical treatment.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

sounds like you feel guilty

Sure, every time I go to Walgreens and see this sign and buy a twelvepack and a pack of smokes instead, I feel guilty as hell.

Flu-Shots-at-Walgreens-giveashot-shop-cbias (resized).jpgFlu-Shots-at-Walgreens-giveashot-shop-cbias (resized).jpg

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know about you, but I got my first shots here:

And this little kit right here was always a great way to break the ice if you wanted to play doctor with some of the neighbor girls.

38844c3e8b6a70e084654150c2c2c8ca (resized).jpg38844c3e8b6a70e084654150c2c2c8ca (resized).jpg

#152 6 years ago

Flu season is so bad in So Cal this year, the hospitals are setting up tents in the parking lots to handle the overflow and many people have already died from it.

Apparently whatever flu shots they were giving out did not cover this particular strain.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

The flu bounces off my body's own natural immune system like ping pong balls.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whats the worst the Flu has ever killed...like 80-100 million people in a year

1918 or something like that.

People are in for a real shocker when the next flu plague hits and their little shots do nothing to prevent it.

#162 6 years ago

Man keeps trying, but in the end nature always prevails.

When this planet can no longer support the rapid population growth it is undergoing now, it is only natural a plague of epic proportions will come around and restore some sort of balance. I'm just a passenger and a spectator in the grand scale of things.

#166 6 years ago

When shit does hit the fan, I'm counting on science and doctors to save us all! lol.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We trust our Doctors, right?

If you have a life threatening emergency, hope you get a good one and not some hack. They do save lives.

It's been about five years since I had to go see one, but it was fairly obvious I shouldn't let that melanoma on the back of my leg try to heal itself for another year.

I don't go unless something is seriously wrong. Not for a cough or some antibiotics to kill a flu, because that won't work anyway. Or a shot if I'm feeling healthy. But again, they can and do save lives.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

An asymptomatic carrier (healthy carrier or just carrier) is a person or other organism that has contracted an infectious disease, but who displays no symptoms. Although unaffected by the disease themselves, carriers can transmit it to others.
YOU can be 100% fine and still infect others and put their lives at risk(and never know it)

9--hilarious-memes (resized).jpg9--hilarious-memes (resized).jpg

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

dude, get your plumbing checked every 2-3 years at least regardless of how you feel if you are an "older" individual.

Thanks! But, I'm healthy as a horse can be in this environment. And I'm eating four day old KFC just to prove it.

#185 6 years ago

I believe genetics has a lot to do with your disposition to getting sick.

But more importantly than that is eating right and not working or stressing to the point of wearing yourself down. In my 20s I used to do that and got all kinds of flu. Keep your batteries charged and drink lots of water. Get some exercise too. Even just walking is better than sitting watching TV. And being overweight and eating too much junk is a means to an end.

After weekend of heavy partying, I got a dose of this year's flu back in November. It only lasted a couple days, but I could tell if I hadn't been prepared and in good shape, it might have knocked me for a loop. Some of the other people I know who even got a shot were not so lucky. It lasted for a month.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Read this.
It's only a matter of time until another one comes out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

And what could possibly go wrong here?

"One group of researchers recovered the virus from the bodies of frozen victims, and found that transfection in animals caused a rapid progressive respiratory failure and death through a cytokine storm (overreaction of the body's immune system)."

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ve never received flu shot and I’ve never had the flu

You've lived a charmed life.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That was caused by the 12 pack o-din bought in lieu of a flu shot this year ...

My auto incorrect system breaking down.

#231 6 years ago

25jw39 (resized).jpg25jw39 (resized).jpg

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Some people on this site are wayout there in terms of scientific knowledge and conspiracy theories.

I couldn't agree more.

When people are trying to convince other people that a scientific approach always over rules a natural approach, that sounds like a conspiracy to me.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There are lots of places in the world that are still living this natural approach dream that some of you seem to want. You can always go check them out and see for yourself how it's working.

One thing I've noticed about people is that they do not believe in science or medicine and they avoid it like the plague until they have to have it and then expect everyone drop everything and use science to save their ass.

Note I added the word "always".

These conspirators would like everybody to think that science always has the answer. When in reality many times the scientific method does way more damage than good.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

To be honest though I’m realizing that I may be more likely to catch the flu from work. I’ve noticed a lot of selfish inconsiderate people who come in really sick (worse than a cold). I think in their twisted minds they believe people respect them for working through illness.

There are those that will come into work and announce they are sick.

How proud they must be to be able to get off up off their death beds and go out and conduct business as usual. Mostly scientific types I guess because their work is never done.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

My mom and my daughter have little drugstores of daily medications. I don't think they need them all...drugs to control everything from mood swings, to depression and even simple headaches. I never even take aspirin when I have a headache, and I ride out the cold or flu.

That's the basic difference between women and the real men in this country.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

A sick women can work a sick man into the ground.

And a well woman can nag a whipped man into the ground.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I used to like Jim Carrey until he came out and said he was against vaccinations. Now Im like jeez.. what a moron

You sound very defensive of your beliefs there.

I wonder how many that choose not to get vaccines call those that do morons or even sheep for that matter..

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

No offense to anyone here but with that being said - they are morons for not getting vaccinated for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (aka Whooping Cough), Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), Hepatitis B, Polio, and Pneumococcal Disease.

So how often should one get a tetanus vaccination? Whenever they step on a rusty nail, every 10 years, or once?

If it is anything but once, I guess I am a moron and all those times I got cut by rusty auto parts in the 30 years I worked on them are sure to do me in eventually.

#264 6 years ago

Then I'm living proof it's a bunch of BS. I eat rust for breakfast and my jaw works just fine chewing the stuff up.

Like them saying after you cut yourself with something rusty a vaccination will do you any good. lol.

Another shot and another bill. Keep those greenbacks coming people, in the name of science.

---------------------------

Fake Healer by
Metal Church

I prey upon your morbid fear
Of terminal disease
You won't know the difference
Now it's time for surgery
Another shot, another pill
Two weeks therapy
I take all major credit cards
Your money is what I need

I'm a healer
I will keep you all alive
I'm a healer

A villain at your bedside
Take this and you'll be fine
Severely educated
Just pay your bill on time
I think it's time for another test
I need more of your blood
Sign this affidavit
So my insurance won't go up

I'm a healer
I'm a healer

Research and development
Spend millions every year
You sickly and decrepit ones
Keep my yacht safe on the pier

You're dying on a stretcher
We'll try to save your life
If you can't afford my service
I will let you die
I'm trusted and respected
Says my diploma on the wall
Before I will do anything
I'll give your bank a call

I'm a healer
I'm a healer

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're just a guy that thinks rust gives you tetanus that's all

That's what the educated men of science told me.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you have natural herd immunity

That's all I need to know. Some got it and some don't. Some take shots and some don't. Some need lots of medical care, and some don't. Some will only survive living in a bubble, and some won't.

Proves to me we all don't need the same treatments. And there is no reason in my mind that we should.

Quoted from jgentry:

I sincerely doubt that and if they did they certainly were not educated on tetanus.

It was the guy giving the shot when I stuck a nail thru my finger.

If you can't trust his advice and judgement, then who's can you?

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Just because you dont get sick and never had a vaccine doesn't mean your immune to the above.

I got all my childhood vaccines and that one scar on my arm itches once in a while. Seems back then they did a dip n stick procedure one kid after another.

But beside that one tetanus shot I have never had any more.

Quoted from jgentry:

I picture you after a few beers out in your yard arguing with a fence post that untreated fence posts last better the treated ones.

No way. Copper is a great wood preservative, but I don't drink the stuff or wear those socks for that matter. That I believe is a subject for a whole nuther thread.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I know you are trolling now,

Quoted from jgentry:

Is he ever not trolling?

Trolling.. the ultimate response to somebody who has a different point of view when you have exhausted all other illogical attempts to sway them.

Ha! Ha Ha!

#292 6 years ago

This has been a fairly civil discussion and most have posted their reasons for taking or not taking a flu shot. I've posted my view and at no time did I say those that were were doing me a disservice.

There are a few however that have insisted that those that choose not to are doing them and everybody else a disservice or are just plain morons. So for those few and ONLY those few I am going to ask a serious question-

Are you overweight or obese in any way? If so you should go on a diet and lose that weight because you are unhealthy that way and the overburdened health care industry does not need the extra work and expense it will take to try fix the problems you have caused by stuffing your face. There is no reason you need to eat so much while so many people are starving elsewhere. Also most normal people don't want to be exposed to whatever diseases you might carry because of the unhealthy state you are in.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Whats your weight and height?

5' 11" 175 lbs.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

As a borderline fat guy that needs to lose a few pounds, those are all fair points. Except you said "you have to." I think everyone here has is saying "you should."

The you have to was along the same lines as you have to get a shot. Nobody has to do anything with a few exceptions.

But I will edit it to make it less harsh.

#301 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Not bad, thanks for not eating too much. I always had a theory that thin people are constipated.. are you constipated a lot?

No, I'm not thin and I probably do eat more than I have to. But only twice a day and whatever I forget about late at night.

In adulthood weight has ranged from 140 to over 200 and neither was a healthy weight for me. Been 175 to 180 for some time but really don't get on the scale much. All I know is the same pants size fits for the last 20 years.

And did somebody say "street tacos"? yum.

#304 6 years ago

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you not paying attention? If you're not hungry you're not fat, and if you're not fat you don't need a flu shot, that is only gotten by fat people.

Keep up man.

If he floats, it means he is made out of wood. And if he is made out of wood, it means he will burn. So if he will burn what does that mean he is? A duck?

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I know I don't have hepatitis because I literally just got out of the hospital for basically what o-din said "for being to fat"

Well hopefully your condition wasn't a result of not getting a flu vaccination. Or from others not getting theirs.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Every business has to make money to stay open.

I'm all for preventative maintenance to keep from getting sick, but my elderly mother sometimes forgets to drink enough water and fainted the day after Christmas.

One night in emergency, a few tests, a couple IVs to rehydrate her, one lousy meal, and I checked her out the next morning.

Final bill $30,000.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm with you on the cost of medical care. It's rediculous.

It's funny because the insurance company basically scoffed at that bill, and whittled it down to whatever they would pay. And she still insists she was in that hospital for a week so I guess she got her moneys worth. lol

Now when I was unemployed and uninsured and got staph once, I went to the same place and asked up front what it would cost to look at it and treat it. Or at least what it would cost to look at it. They said we cannot divulge that information. Basically once you walk thru the door, you will pay whatever we bill you. When the doctor finally looked at it he took about five minutes and prescribed the penicillin I needed and that bill was $5000. Took some hagling and fighting later but I got it down to I think around $2000.

You want to live, you pay! Or take your chances and your swollen leg elsewhere.

#323 6 years ago

In the auto business if we do not give a written estimate for repairs we get put out of business.

In a hospital there is nobody to discuss money with until after your treatment and they decide how many services and people they can bill you for.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

And that's why insurance skyrockets every year.

It is. And the doctors and hospitals stroke the insurance companies as hard as they can because they know the insurance companies will whittle them down.

And of course there are the lawsuits " You fixed my heart, but now my liver doesn't work!"

And who gets caught in between all this? The honest cash paying guy who just needs a shot of penicillin so he can keep his leg.

And they wouldn't even do that! Here's your prescription sir....

#329 6 years ago

Well on the plus side people do tend to care more about their pets than their own health so that's job security right there.

As far as penicillin they are now all too worried you might be allergic , but it's always served me well. Shots work quick, pills not so much.

I'm glad the medical profession is so advanced they can fix so many things that were unthinkable a few years ago. But dealing with the system is a pain in the ass. And it would be great if they could go back to keeping a simple problem simple. I'm not gonna sue! But I sure would like to keep my leg if you can help me out there.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

most of the children who have died this year have not been vaccinated.

This is an interesting statistic as it is estimated under 40% of children were vaccinated for the flu this year. So that leaves 60% that weren't.

So if an even % amount from both groups died, there would still be more unvaccinated children in that group.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they claimed injury--not actual confirmed injury.

You are doing the same thing by basically claiming people that died would not have if they had got a flu shot.

When a smaller percentage of people get flu shots it is only logical a smaller percentage of people will die. Get your percentages and statistics in order and I bet it will be more close to equal.

#359 6 years ago

I'll do it for you.

Of the 63 confirmed child deaths from the flu, investigators have health histories on 56 of them.

Of the 54 kids who were old enough to get the flu vaccine,

"only 14 -- or 26% -- had gotten at least one dose"

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This says 59% of children through age 17 got vaccinated in 2016

Check this statistic. Early coverage. But that's when the flu hit.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/nifs-estimates-nov2017.htm

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

if you got the vaccination today, you'd still count toward the 2017-18 total.

It might be a little too late by now, don't you think?

Anyway, it's easy to generalize and say more people got sick or died that did not get vaccinations when not even close to half got vaccinated before the flu hit.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's especially easy when it's true. And I didn't get that from superhealthnews either

Did you know also less people die in car crashes that don't ride or drive in cars?

Any statistic can be manipulated to make somebody look like they are correct.

Anyway glad we live in a free country where those that want their flu shot can get them and those that don't aren't forcibly tied to a chair and injected unwilling.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

If I naturally fight the flu, aren't I creating the same antibodies the shot would have created?

Good question.

I myself believe in keeping your immune system strong and being prepared, and if it does hit you, take care of yourself and try your best not to spread it around.

Reality is you have to take care of yourself and decide what is best for you, because nobody else will, and you probably don't want to become a statistic that may only support somebody elses agenda.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

So the worry is that while I appear healthy I may actually still have a live virus that could be transmitted. Am I understanding that correctly now?

Even if you are vaccinated with the dead virus and then contract the live virus, I'd guess you are still a carrier until your immune system reacts to the threat and takes it out.

The vaccination may have prepared you, but there is still a battle to be done. It's not like when somebody coughs on you, it will just bounce off because you are vaccinated.

So that whole theory that if you are vaxed, you will not be able to transmit, seems a little farfetched to me.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The whole thing's frustrating because there are no guarantees.

There aren't many things I buy without some sort of guarantee. Especially some store clerk sticking a needle in me.

I learned a long time ago the brain's number one function is to take care of the body (even though I abuse the hell out of it), and I'll be damned if I'll let somebody elses brain do the thinking for it.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Speaking of someone else's brain doing the thinking, how about condoms? They're all kinds of imperfect, and yet in the face of the statistics they often look like a pretty good investment.

I paid 18 years for not using one and still more to go. Best non investment I ever made.

Always looking to add some humor, and after being involved with this thread for the last few days, I have noticed two distinctly different schools of thought.

sheep-617128 (resized).jpgsheep-617128 (resized).jpg

pack-of-wolves (resized).jpgpack-of-wolves (resized).jpg

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Those 2 laying down are probably stricken with polio.

Nah, they just got ahold of one of the latest strains in Ca.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Must be getting close to quitting time on a Friday!

It's my fricken day off and it's getting close to starting time. God knows why I've wasted most of it already. Except it's raining and laundry is getting done.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I really don't take much stock in the flu vaccine. MMR, yes, but flu, no.

Being a pinball forum, I guess I totally understand that.

Have you been satisfied with the quality? Are you considering AFMR too?

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from peely:

More from the Tin foil hat brigade...

Plenty of that going around...

25n8py (resized).jpg25n8py (resized).jpg

#398 6 years ago

No matter how much anybody preaches to others on here, no body's going to change their views.

Especially those that insist others do or see things their way. It is interesting to see different mindsets though, but at this point, I think this guy might have had it right all along.

Quoted from Cappi:

Never mind. Not with the effort

Cheers!

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

When you're pulling as a team and following orders you can wipe out the more free-thinking, individualist monkeys pretty easily

It aint going to be that easy, chief.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf is this thread?

It's where all the lawyers are now doctors.

#407 6 years ago

I believe I'm going to have a beer.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

there is science and there is "you're doing it wrong".

tumblr_ne6gdn8cKl1rbf5cro1_r1_400.giftumblr_ne6gdn8cKl1rbf5cro1_r1_400.gif

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from kayakkingoz:

Not a chance in Hell I would get one. If I feel the flu coming I take 3 Garlic oil capsules at the 1st chance I get then 3 more before each meal then 3 more before bed. Very rarely do I get the flu & if I do it is very mild compared to most that get it.
BTW , my mother is a herbalist

I ordered the best fresh garlic pizza in town tonight. It also came with pepperoni and mushrooms. I am feeling no ill affects.

#431 6 years ago

Everybody gets a slice.

348s (resized).jpg348s (resized).jpg

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Is it possible I was exposed to a highly weakend version of the virus or antibodies from intimate contact with her?

You can pick it up anywhere. May not have even been her.

How sick you get and how long it lasts is more dependent on the condition of your immune system and if you are run down or not when you contract it. That's why some get over it in a few days and others don't.

Antibiotics only work on bacterial infections and do nothing to kill a virus. Which begs the question, why do so many get prescribed them and take them when they are sick with the flu?

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My son gets staff all the time because he plays football and wrestles and he is in locker rooms and gyms. He takes the meds till it starts to heal then stops and it often comes back.

That stuff does come back. One time I got hit just over the eye with the sharp back edge of a surfboard and it made a pretty deep cut that required several stitches. Being it happened in the ocean which is the sewer of the world, I got staph and my head swelled up like a balloon. I'm not going to get into the gory details but the antibiotic pills I was given didn't work and it wasn't until that Dr. removed one of the stitches and let it drain that it was gone the next day.

Over the next few years out of nowhere I got it a couple times on my elbows and knees. Starts out like a little pimple and turns into a painful volcano and without the penicillin each time I'd probably not be here or have at least lost a leg.

It's been almost two decades since the last one so I think I finally purged it from wherever it was hiding, but even for someone healthy with a good immune system staph is a killer and should never be taken lightly.

7 months later
#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just get the shot pinside conspiracy theorists!

Instead of telling people what to do and calling them names or trying to lay some guilt trip on them, have you ever considered asking nicely? Might at least sway some to your way of thinking.

But for me, it is the same as last year.

No way in hell will they be sticking that shit in my arm or any other part of my body.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you're stupid enough to be in the conspiracy camp, than nothing is going to pull you out.

I'm not a conspiracist.

Just a dude that won't be getting a flu shot.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I'll ask you nicely then

I am 52 and you are probably not younger than me.
I am reasonably healthy, and yet I almost died from the flu last January (actually from some complications).

Well sorry to hear you got so sick, but glad you recovered, and thank you for showing concern about my health.

Way better than the forceful, guilt trip, and conspiracy laden methods some others are using to make people think it is their public duty or whatever to get one.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Either way, if you've absorbed the factual evidence behind science and medicine and skip the shot anyway, maybe move on?

Either way? If you've absorbed the factual evidence behind science and medicine and take the shot anyway, maybe move on?

Edit- Oh, that's right, I don't tell people on the internet what to do or not do. Sorry.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

but you expect me to get a flu job?!?!?!?!

Come out to Ca. and get a job at our local Walgreens, and I just might let you be the one to stick that needle in me.

At least it would be from someone I can trust.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Got any Duane Reades out there in Cali, o-din?

Nah, I can't even find a Supreme pinball machine out here. This is like the wild west, fully disconnected from the rest of the world.

I do have some Reed avocados though.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

O-din would be adamantly fighting for flu shots if everyone else was against them?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Before this thread, I honestly didn't realize there were so many people adamant about trying to get other people to do what they don't want to and are not legally inclined to do.

One thing I'm not doing is telling others that are getting them not to. It's up to the individual as it should be.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that's what's happening. nailed it again.

Yes, that's what brought me back to this wonderful thread.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think I'll run to CVS right now and get me one also

I'm almost convinced myself.

Get my shot and head out to the crowd at Dodger Stadium for a week long stint of playoff baseball.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You pretty much take the opposite stance on everything because it amuses you

If I take the opposite stance on things it is not because the majority take another, it is because it is the stance I am taking whether others are or not. If you find it funny, then I guess that is a bonus.

And just because a few on a pinball forum choose to get flu vaccines, there are still quite a few that have said they aren't, and I'm guessing the majority of the world's population doesn't. So opposite of what?

#523 5 years ago

Looking at the poll, I'm actually with the majority on this one. So who's going opposite now? You guys crack me up sometimes.

#528 5 years ago

Don't worry about it Who-Dey. You should be used to the herd mentality on this website by now.

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So you're a prime candidate for an autoimmune disorder.

More like a prime candidate for some of that good ole pinside

"you aren't doing your part for the good of the herd" type preaching.

#553 5 years ago

This thread has totally jumped the shark.

It's gone from the ops original question-

Quoted from cosmokramer:

do you get a seasonal flu shot? Why or why not?

To some kind of crusade to get those that answered no to do what they have already decided not to.

And using every type of propaganda tactic possible.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just go get stuck in the arm! You can handle it.

Quoted from Fytr:

Look around you, everything in your life that elevates you above a hunter-gatherer Neanderthal was provided by the scientific method. Your car, your phone, your food, your house, your tv, your medicine, and your pinball machines. Hell, the fact that you're even alive at all is highly likely to be a result of successful vaccination programs of past generations.

Science has also provided us with many other great things you haven't mentioned like atomic bombs and germ warfare to name a couple.

#558 5 years ago

They don't call it "practicing" medicine for nuthin".

#568 5 years ago

I just like the fact there are no laws in place that would give them the right to experiment on me without my consent.

Although there have probably been some experiments done on the general public they won't own up to.

When I was younger, looking back, some of the procedures that were performed left lasting damage. I guess I was more or less some kind of scientific guinea pig. They taught me well!

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why would the government intentionally want to cause harm in the first place?

They still say it is OK to fill teeth with mercury.

It's big business and I guess they would like to avoid lawsuits whenever possible.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We clearly have two totally different views though which is ok.

Apparently answering no is not OK.

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I haven't heard of those types of fillings used in at least a couple decades (at least in my area). Pretty much everyone around here uses UV-cured resin.

Interesting why they are not used as much anymore when the FDA still claims they are safe. Still plenty of people walking around with those fillings breaking down and corroding in their mouths.

"FDA has reviewed the best available scientific evidence to determine whether the low levels of mercury vapor associated with dental amalgam fillings are a cause for concern. Based on this evidence, FDA considers dental amalgam fillings safe for adults and children ages 6 and above."

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I spoke to my dentist about this recently, actually. He said it’s mostly because people don’t like the way the old black fillings look, and the UV resin is easier to work with. The new stuff just all around a better product.

My dentist has a different opinion and wore nearly a hazmat suit when he removed them. They also must be treated as extremely hazardous waste once removed. I saw mine once taken out and the underside where you couldn't normally see were corroded green and were breaking down like an old boat anchor.

But yeah, if the FDA says they are safe, they must be.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The FDA page indicates potential risks and harm, but also indicates that the amount of exposure isn't enough to do significant harm.

Yes, they mention the vapors, but nothing in regard to ingestion of the mercury once the fillings start to decompose or break down or break off for that matter.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I for one wouldn't want to get a mercury filling since there are other options.

Agreed. There are much better options.

Same as I see no need or desire to get a flu shot when the option is available to not do so being in good health that I am. Or any other medical treatment for a non life threatening condition I don't have.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It might fall under preventative maintenance

That's a good point there.

Many people walking around are obese and eat way too much. That is a very unhealthy lifestyle and shows complete lack of preventative maintenance.

Perhaps pinside should discuss this in more detail.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Who knew flu shots would scare the living shit out of grown men?

You seem to be frightened to death of those that don't want one.

Again your guilt trip and insulting tactics are not working and wont.

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

quit whining for christsakes and lighten up francis...geez the manufactured drama with you---all this pretend outrage is really bizarre. No offense, get it, don't get it, believe, don't believe. Cheers and good health. Good day sir. I said good day!

Hey man! You are the one beating this into the ground telling people what to do.

The thread asked yes or no and reasons for your answer. You don't get that yet do you.

You are trying to push your will on others who have already said no, and have taken to insulting those over and over again that will not change their answer.

Get a grip, and get a clue!

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You've successfully taken over a thread and created some drama again.

Except for responding to your insults and other tactics to tell those who said no how wrong they are and what they should do to please you, my posts have been mostly about why I say no.

You really ought to look in the mirror if you can see past your own "I'm right and you're not" stubbornness.

Quoted from swillie:

Overpopulation beyond what the earth can support is a bigger problem...

Overpopulation of control freaks and some other dictator types for sure.

#624 5 years ago

No, more like-

main-qimg-16494dd26b76f1c13dde584c10ba297e-c (resized).jpgmain-qimg-16494dd26b76f1c13dde584c10ba297e-c (resized).jpg
#631 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Oh, and your feelings are being hurt--

You know what happens when you assume something?

You make an ass out of you not me.

You just won't quit while you're not ahead, will you?

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't let the ignorant people bring you down.

So those that take steps to keep themselve's healthy without medical assistance are now ignorant? Is that what you are getting at? If so, I think you've got it backwards.

It's statements like these that give us one more reason to not join whatever sheep like herd you and yours would like us to be a part of.

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Oh Odin... for someone who preaches about not making assumptions you sure made a whole bunch right there.

Well then please explain who the ignorant people you are referring to are.

There seem to be only two general groups in this thread.

The majority that are not getting flu shots but find themselves under attack of another kind, and the minority that are and are using every tactic they can to convince everyone how ignorant and lame those that don't are.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So were a lot of Germans in the 1930's....doesn't make it right! Boom!! Nazi reference in a flu thread!!

I think I'll step back a little.

No, this is not Nazi Germany where people were discouraged, scrutinized, and often punished, or even killed for having their own thoughts and making their own decisions of how they went about their day to day lives and business.

Thank goodness we live in a free country, free from dictators, and those kind of persecutions and people that would push us or force us to do things like taking unnecessary medications or shots against our own free will.
iam-wha-057-0659 (1) (resized).jpgiam-wha-057-0659 (1) (resized).jpg

#639 5 years ago

Nichts zu danken

#643 5 years ago

That all makes perfect sense!

Quoted from Astropin:

What really bothers me is when people are ignorant and yet still hold strong opinions. Most people are not stupid...but combining ignorance with arrogance is really annoying.

Yes, there seems to be quite a bit of arrogance and ignorance in regards to what the op asked originally in this thread. He wanted each person's view in regard to their own choice.

Some people have gone way beyond that and have ignorantly and arrogantly tried to make other people's choices for them or insult them with total disregard for their own personal reasons which they may or may not have disclosed.

I was hoping it would go away for the sake of not just myself, but others that have their own reasons, but as of today, it still persists, however ignorant and arrogant it may be.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

This thread delivers, just like a dimple thread....

Yes, this thread has been a complete riot!

"Don't you care about your loved ones?"

Of course I do. But none of them take flu shots including my 96 year old mother who worked in a medical lab and taught biology and advanced physiology for 50 years and swore them off years ago, and hasn't had the flu since then, and we all stay healthy. And if we do catch something we fight it off like we always have.

No, what I picture here is a few weak, sickly, out of shape people that are too high on themselves to actually beg, telling healthy people to get the shot on the off hand chance it will prevent them or some other weak person they know from getting sick. Good luck with that!

Quoted from WolfManCat:

Is there a vaccine for those afflicted by always having to have the last word?

And you sir, have just won the entire internet!

#657 5 years ago

You get a flu shot and a two week supply of antibiotics! Saves you from making two trips to the doctor. Just a joke people!

I am going to make a serious apology for the earlier post.

People who do have health problems is no laughing matter. That hit me hard after reading what Rolf has gone thru on the EM part of this forum. It is easy for healthy people to go thru the day without a care in the world, but when you do get ill, especially really ill, it can be a chore to not only make it thru the day, but just face each day with a positive attitude or face each day at all.

I have been there, so I do know. I won't get into details, but it was a long drawn out thing no doctor could figure out that finally turned out to be caused by an unnecessary procedure I had when I was a child. Took away several of the best years of my life and most of what I had earned up until then to pay them to somewhat fix it so I could get functional again. It or myself will never be 100%. Damage was done too many years ago.

Anyway, maybe that can help explain my disdain for going to doctors and why I take offense when somebody tells me to get any procedure I don't need. I keep myself alive and healthy as best I can from what I learned during my ordeal, because if I don't, nobody else will. And reality is that is true for anyone and everybody.

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I strongly believe in influenza vaccinations, but respect o-din for what he has gone though, and his perspective on things. Thanks for the insight. An open mind...no matter your stance, can help understand why others do what they do.

Thanks! I looked back over my posts and realized I was just beating my head against the wall and pissing people off without giving an honest reason for my stance. I've had more needles stuck in me and more x-rays than most people get in a lifetime. And that's just it. People have their own personal reasons for whatever stance they take.

#665 5 years ago

The real question is will they ever require doctors to do blood work or some other kind of test before
handing out antibiotics like candy each time a patient shows up with the flu or a common cold.

#667 5 years ago

Sometimes you might hear the excuse "you have the flu, but we are prescribing antibiotics to fight off any secondary infection", again testing for neither.

But, from what I understand, that is pretty common practice in today's medical profession.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sometimes this is valid

Sometimes maybe. But it seems to be a story that gets told over and over again.

These guys probably get too busy during flu season with people lining up at their doors to do any more than treat patients with the same symptoms like customers at a McDonalds drive thru.

"You want those antibiotics to go? Here's a few sample packs I have lying around"

#671 5 years ago

Lab work. They can tell what is a virus or bacteria there. It was perfected a long time ago. But nope, too busy, and too much work.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Please tell me the name of the test. I’ve been a PA for 20 years and if really exists, I’d love to use it.

I'm no doctor or lab tech, but it seems every time there is a flu, they can identify it. They even show pictures of it under the microscope. Same with bacteria. I could be wrong though and maybe it's just a big show to amuse the public.

#675 5 years ago

I'm sure you guys do the best you can with what tools you have available.

And I know that $300 it costs for the 5 minutes spent with a patient during an hour and a half appointment goes to more than just keeping the magazine selection current.

1 month later
#735 5 years ago

Still haven't gotten one and still feel real healthy today.

I will let you guys know if with my lack of getting one I fall deathly ill this year.

I also assume being exposed to all the assholes that don't stay home when they are sick coughing all over the place and handing germs around is almost the same as getting one anyway.

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I DARE you to get a flu shot! I bet you can't do it. Probably don't even know where to get one...

They do it at the local Walgreens. I've seen the sign out front. I don't know if I ever saw anybody actually getting one there though.

I usually just go there for a twelve-pack of beer, a bag of potato chips, and a pack of smokes and I'm on my way with all I need.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Going to Walmart is 500 different strains of who knows what.

I will start shopping at Walmart instead of Walgreens then. They get you out quicker anyway.

9 months later
#772 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Mandatory adult vacs. may be around the corner too...

Over my dead body. They better bring one hell of a posse!

#775 4 years ago

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats how I think also. What doesnt kill me makes me stronger.

What would Chuck Norris do?

#800 4 years ago

This thread never gets old.

#802 4 years ago

I'm taking my 97 year old mom to the doctor so he can prescribe her a walker as she is starting to wobble a bit, but she still refuses to ever get another flu shot.

#804 4 years ago

Mom was not only a believer in science, but she taught it. Biology and advanced physiology. Many of her students became big time doctors. She worked in a lab doing blood tests when she was younger.

She still won't get a flu shot.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

When we traveled to Europe the misses took a flue shot since her Doc advised her
Still she got sick as a dog
She Never took flue shot since and no problems since then
Flue shots just a scam to us

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#811 4 years ago

Please send me all your money.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:the innocent victims that you come in contact with
quote-i-m-tired-of-hearing-about-innocent-victims-it-s-fiction-if-you-live-on-this-planet-george-carlin-55-90-30 (resized).jpgquote-i-m-tired-of-hearing-about-innocent-victims-it-s-fiction-if-you-live-on-this-planet-george-carlin-55-90-30 (resized).jpg
#816 4 years ago
#818 4 years ago

I'm not sure what we in Ca. should fear more. Getting a flu shot, actually getting the flu, or this guy.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#822 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That you don't understand the difference is sad.

Didn't we have the exact same discussion in this thread last year?

Sure, and as long as some of you keep trying to use guilt trip tactic or insults, it's never going to end.

It's an agenda some of us don't buy into. Or really need to. Or want to.

Again, the difference is those that say no are not trying to make those that say yes change their minds with any of those tactics.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Edit. Nevermind. Im not going to have this argument with Odin again.

You might want to check out the burger thread instead. Some pretty tasty subjects over there.

What this world really needs is an epidemic of monstrous proportions to get the population down to a more manageable level. It's no secret there are way too many people and it's not sustainable.

#833 4 years ago

Btw, it would be tied to your drivers license renewal...not current then no license
You can see how that would snowball

Then I'll just get it all done at once.

Flu shot, tracking chip implanted in my head, and bar code branded onto my forearm. Might as well have them install all the cameras in my house the same afternoon.

Am I missing any?

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Now now someones 90 year old me maw's life depends on your compliance of injecting mercury and formaldehyde right into your body just so there's less than a 50% chance it will do any good.

I guess I should do anything to help the struggling health care industry stay afloat.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Also, if you are over fifty don’t put off getting the two dose shingles vaccination.

I'm 57 and still haven't ever had my rectum probed.

#843 4 years ago

I get the feeling soon we won't have a choice in the matter.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is the saddest post i think I've ever read on here.

But I did say it in good cheer.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Might buy some shares in this flu thing though a fair amount of fools out there that act like sheep. Easy money.

Shares of flu and legal weed are certainly worth looking into. Both are on the rise.

#864 4 years ago

I used to get some pretty good flu back when I was young working my fingers to the bone long hours trying to think I could get ahead. Haha. Two weeks pneumonia once in the early 90s was the last straw. Didn't take any shots to fix that. Probably built up some pretty good immunity along the way. Hardly a sniffle since.

I learned the mind's number one job is to take care of the body to whatever standard you set for yourself, because nobody else will or gives a shit when you are down. Looking out for number one. We're all gonna die someday anyway.

#873 4 years ago

I'm just going to cut to the chase. I was a medical guinea pig when I was a child, some that left permanent damage, and they aint going to fk with me any more.

#875 4 years ago

I will add doctors saved my life on more than one occasion, and I know when to go see them, but they sure did a lot of unnecessary shit and damage along the way.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Oooohhhh, so that is what happened.

I could give you a whole grocery list but the one I've been dealing with my whole adult life and is never going to be right is they put me in a hospital when I was ten and dug four of my permanent bicuspids out of my jaw before they even came in because that was normal procedure at the time. You have no idea how bad that fucked my shit up.

#901 4 years ago

I wonder how much the doctor got paid that snipped the end of my dick off when I was born. Normal procedure....

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Well how else can Sandra Bullock get her face to look so young? You want to deprive her of baby foreskin blended up youth face serum?
Hater.

Honestly it was never an issue until I took up surfing in the cold water and the little guy tried to tuck back and hide in a place that was no longer there.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Benjamin Franklin said it best:
"You give up a bit of freedom for a bit of safety, you deserve neither the freedom nor the safety."

I'm surprised he never made president as he was one of the best of them. Face on the $100 bill is pretty cool though.

#919 4 years ago

I heard he was a real ladies man.

#922 4 years ago

Back to the flu. I did have a day or two of sniffles last year.

Nothing compared to when I craned my neck and had to stay on the couch for a whole weekend. I had to use both hands to lift my head up.

#926 4 years ago

This thread has gone

#928 4 years ago

By the time that happens I'll be taking my show on the road.

Not to get political, because I'm not really on any side, but that new governor we have really makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth.

#930 4 years ago

All this theory is great, until bacteria and viruses that keep getting fought with antibiotics and vaccinations mutate into stronger versions of themselves in order to survive.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I totally agree that antibiotics are horrendously over used. They are becoming vastly less effective against bacteria year after year due to over-utilization. That said, the same is not necessarily true with vaccines and viruses.

Tell that to the medical profession that continues to prescribe antibiotics that are useless against viruses anytime someone has the flu or other viral illnesses.

Instead of forcing vaccinations, that should be a much higher priority, but they are doing absolutely nothing about it.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I thought STI did that to you a few weeks ago? I believe they called it the white glove service

Yeah, and I never saw that $75 back either. I gave up.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry you had such a bad experience with doctors. I totally understand your trepidation with that personal negative history.

Thanks for that understanding which is why I get very vocal sometimes, and I sure wish I had parts they took away from me back. It also cost me a whole lot of money as 3 TMJ surgeries were caught between a grey area that neither medical or dental insurance covered.

I had a good surgeon and they did the best they could with a new procedure and made me functional again because in the late 80s thru early 90s I was a serious wreck.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For the headache one, they have something called ibuprofen that doesn't harm the liver.

I think with my jaw problems I cracked the age old mystery what causes migraines.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I've heard of a home remedy called not drinking so much, but I'm hesitant to try it.

Funny, the drinking never gives me a headache and I am almost headache free now. Or at least I don't notice it as much any more. But some of the vertigo and neck stiffness still comes and goes.

They fixed it good enough so I can make it through life being as productive as I need or want to be. Sure in a lot better shape than a lot of people my age.

But have had more needles stuck in my arm and more head x-rays than I can count. And having any part of your head operated on is no real joy. Then your teeth wired shut twice for six weeks I don't wish on anybody. But as you guys can tell, I'm happy as a lark now that the worst is way behind me now.

#944 4 years ago
download (5) (resized).jpgdownload (5) (resized).jpg
#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Science denial is a real thing, and dangerous.

There's no denying there are plenty of mad scientists out there.

Who knows what all they are cooking up in their laboratories these days just waiting to be unleashed on the world.

#957 4 years ago

He's just tooting his horn again.

There are plenty of sick vaccinated people that have no problem coming into my work and sharing their sickness with me.

They think it's OK now just because they got a shot.

#959 4 years ago

You guys hear of “shedding” ?

Recently vaccinated people shedding the virus getting others sick around them.

I don't know if it's called shedding, but the coughing and sneezing and snot running out their nose out in public sure is real.

"I'm vaccinated, let's go shopping!"

#960 4 years ago

See, this whole deal about those not getting vaccinated putting others at risk and not being considerate is a whole crock of shit when you consider some vaccinated people don't give a shit about anybody around them but themselves either.

In fact, those are the kind of people that really only care about themselves and their wants and needs, from what I gather.

Edit- added the word "some"

#962 4 years ago

In honor of shedding, I think I might go to where they are handing out shots, where people feel secure that they are no longer a threat to others and shed a little gas.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What if Pinside got vaccinated so it couldn't "shed" you out of 90% of threads & topics?

It tried that once, but I mutated.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Would only work under perfect conditions.. not realistic.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

hahhaa, aint that the truth!

If you saw the people lining up at Walmart to get flu shots, that would be very obvious.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The same place getting everyone sick is the place giving out the remedy... interesting isnt it? lol

I'm trying to figure out if they go to the McDonalds first or get the shot first.

Next time I'm in there, that might make a good research project.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I might get the flu shot if we can combine a #1 value meal into the injection as well....

Supersize it!

#977 4 years ago

Perhaps if they stopped using that word.

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
#982 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

We're evolved to hunt, gather, and respond to the social dynamics of a tribe of 20-150 people, not to comprehend or make intelligent decisions about mass-society, biology, chemistry, climate science,

See, I've never thought of myself as part of a herd.

And when you live in an place that is way more crowded than it used to be, with a lot of obese, unhealthy people and it's having an affect on the way of life you are used to, it isn't bad in my mind to just let nature take it's course.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Man, if everyones is going to prepare for the worst case scenario to such extremes, might as well never leave the house.

Some are heading to Uranus.

#995 4 years ago

A good example of "herd immunity" is how they took care of the cattle in the 1963 Paul Newman movie "Hud".

download (5) (resized).jpgdownload (5) (resized).jpg
#999 4 years ago

I can’t help but wonder if perfect health is as simple as soil, seeds & water?

Need plenty of sunshine too. Clean air optional.

#1000 4 years ago

Here's some more interesting reading about the center that has our health and well being as their top priority.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/01/04/cdc-secret-lab-incidents-select-agents/95972126/

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

good lordy, now that's not good, seems they are becoming like the postal service

But they are making the millions of shots that everybody needs, so expect some margin of error. They factor that all in I'm sure.

#1004 4 years ago

It's not the science that should scare people. It's the human factor.

Just think how many hands those shots have been through before they get to the little stand set up next to MickyDs where the able person shoots it into your arm at the local Walmart.

#1013 4 years ago

I just picked up my mom's prescriptions from Costco.

The lady said "we have flu shots now, would you like to get one while your here?"
Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#1020 4 years ago

I see your Costco solicitation and raise you one Kaiser email offering me chili recipes with my vaccinations[quoted image][quoted image]

The word's right there in the offer- "tricks"

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

for those that don’t want vaccines...why do you go to the doctor and want drugs when you get the illness?

Who says we go to doctors or get the illness? And any medication is self prescribed.

#1025 4 years ago

If I feel anything coming on NyQuil is about as extreme as I go. I don't even take aspirin.

Back in the mid 80s I had something nasty with a high fever so I couldn't sleep, so I dragged my sorry ass off the couch and down to 7/11 in the middle of the night to get some NyQuil because I had seen it on TV. Stuff knocked me out and I was perfectly fine the next morning.

I don't let myself get rundown like that anymore, so rarely catch any bugs, but still swear by the NyQuil if there is ever an occasion.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

no, but cannibis oil really helps with any random symptoms.

If you are a senior citizen, they are promoting that now. I pulled this out of my mom's mailbox.
22891caf9d26357446710847dbaff4fccb638163.png (resized).jpg22891caf9d26357446710847dbaff4fccb638163.png (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Science is real.

Real as real.

However, humans including scientists are preprogrammed to fk up.

And I take as few chances as possible to be the result of one of their fk ups.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

There is no vaccine for ignorance unfortunately.

Fortunately, we don't need vaccines to not have to deal with others that would have us do what we don't want or need. Especially those that use insults as tactics.

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The sheep are lining up at CVS's and Walgreens all over the country for their "free" flu shots that they dont have a clue what they are being injected with.

To be fair, these are probably the same sheep that line up to buy pinball machines they have never seen or played.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#1066 4 years ago

I see this as a battle of two wills.

The weak, that think it is the strong's duty to take one for the team.

And the strong, that didn't get that way by bowing down to the weak.

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What happened to no name calling? Weak sheeples have feelings too.

No name calling intended. I guess I just assumed if somebody needs or wants somebody else to do their dirty work for them, they can't be all that strong.

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

though in this case the show of strength would be inoculation by force, which you don't seem too keen on.

Again, that would be the not so strong getting somebody else to to their dirty work for them.

I can't see them coming to my door without some kind of army to back them up if it comes to that.

#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

stop whining at me to get my shots for the greater good, and if you really want it done, come physically restrain me and do it yourself.

That's what this whole thing has turned into.

The op's question was "Do you get a flu shot?"

Not "Get a flu shot, or you are an ignorant asshole if you don't"

Those kind of tactics don't work and only fire people like myself up.

Here's how I look at it-

"No, I don't get one. But do to your own body whatever you like and think is right"

#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I firmly believe in childhood vaccinations for measles, mumps, polio etc.

I got all mine and made sure my daughter got all hers too. But I do remember contracting the mumps anyway. Puffy cheeks or something like that.

Polio was one of those things a person with a good immune system had a hard time fighting off and would leave you crippled for life, including president FDR.

I've had the flu enough times in my early life, to know it was not that serious, usually gone in a couple days, and with experience I learned how to not run myself down to make myself succeptable to that or many other contageous diseases. And I am exposed to a lot of sick people at my job place and everywhere else. I really don't worry about them, but think it's not really cool them being out spreading it around like that.

If more people would just take better care of themselves, instead of thinking a shot is a cure all, there may not be so many sick people dependent on what others do or don't. In that way, I feel I'm doing my part. If they don't, that's their problem.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats the problem...People are just disgusting these days and have no respect for others. A trip to the airport will show you that.

After getting in and out of people's cars 15-20 times a day for 30+ years, I figure I'm just about immune to everything now.

Fortunately, the neighborhood I work in now people mostly take a little pride and keep their cars relatively clean.

Can't say the same when I worked in HB. Some seriously discusting cars with some of the grossest shit you could ever imagine festering inside. You want 5 year old fries with that Big Mac?

First thing I do when getting in any car is turn the AC/ heater blower off.

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And I thought the street-walkers had it bad. Hope you use protection.

One car was so bad, I put down towels and blankets before getting inside. Then the owner humored me and said "you don't need to do that" like I was doing it to protect the interior or something. Caught staph on my leg off one car and that was the last time I ever wore shorts to work.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

omg. Can only imagine...

Have you ever seen petrified McDonalds fries becoming one with carpet? Well, I have. At least I don't go in the back seat, as that becomes a regular dumpster in cases like these.

#1095 4 years ago

Yeah,

Sorry to hear about your pops, TheLaw. Mine passed about 15 years ago. It was a tough time.

#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And still not a single person addresses my anecdotal story about my 87YO stepfather that got shingles 2 weeks after the shot.

Sometimes it's just easier to ignore real life cases when it doesn't fit someone's criteria or agenda. Like my mom who spent a lifetime in medical science that refuses to get a shot now.

Quoted from Irishbastard:

Tin Foil hat wearing is strong in this post..

Yes, I made that observation earlier in this thread.
606e1befa34c207b73172babbb214ff9f596b164 (resized).jpg606e1befa34c207b73172babbb214ff9f596b164 (resized).jpg

#1106 4 years ago

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

tin hat anyone.

No, but I dug through filthy trash cans just so I could get a few pennies for the tin. And no, they wouldn't let me stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night.

#1136 4 years ago

Just watching tv reading this thread....again
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Surprised they aren't using the token fat, out of shape doctor they usually have when selling medical products on TV.

#1139 4 years ago

Looks like a scene out of one of those zombie movies. And on the right is Mr. French from Family Affair come back from the dead to haunt us.

#1142 4 years ago

Geeze this poor lady just can’t catch a break...even the bus driver had the flu...thank goodness she ran to the Doctor for 4 TIMES THE DOSE
Control your people with fear...dictatorship 101
Wake up...it’s all around us

I just get super stoned before I turn on the TV and it's all comedy to me. To think anybody takes it seriously is even more comedy.

Then I realize the flu shot message is also coming out of every radio including a delivery truck that pulled up to my work yesterday, and eventually the walking zombies will be unable to resist.

ak5ejwle2li01 (resized).jpgak5ejwle2li01 (resized).jpg
#1164 4 years ago

They went and self quarantined the senior center where mom is at. Major flu outbreak.

Mom is 97 and like one of the only ones that didn't get the shot. She is also one that did not get sick.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Get an influenza shot

I believe the op's question was "do you get a flu shot?" Not "do you often tell others what to do?"
We're all grown men now. We don't need another mama. Although mine would tell me not to.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Did someone really talk shit about NASA in this thread?

Best movie studio east of Hollywood!

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Well, semantics aside, your mother would be incorrect in her advice to you. Yes, in my profession I often am called upon to tell others what to do. Often they are grown men. And women, for that matter. You, on the other hand, are more than free to make your own choices. Kind of like the mode in IJ: choose wisely.

So you, who do not know my mother, her education, her lifetime working in the medical profession and teaching advanced biology and physiology, and her own experiences with the terrible side affects and adverse reactions of a flu shot that laid her up in the hospital for two weeks and almost killed her until she stopped taking them 10+ years ago, are saying she would be wrong in her advice to her son?

I get it

"Son, the darn thing almost killed me, but you should go get one. If you get sick and die because of it, just remember I love you"

#1241 4 years ago

If I get bit by a rattlesnake, I am willing to let them shoot me up with the antidote.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'd let Nichole Kidman suck the venom out though and take my chances

How on earth did the snake get up your pant leg?

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Why though? I've heard big Pharma is making a mint on rattlesnake antidotes.

It is my understanding rattlesnake anti venom can actually keep me from getting very sick and dying. However I have never been bit by one, so I don't know if my super strong immune system might be up to the task anyway.

I certainly would not ask for the shot or let them give me one if I had not been bit, that's for sure. Or any other shot under similar circumstances. Don't like needles and I am not a human pincushion or guinea pig.

#1252 4 years ago

I have a similar outlook.

A guy I went to school with who was very smart suggested we take my car out on the local golf course late at night and do donuts around the greens. It sounded like fun so I went along with it. Little did I know we would get arrested and spend the night in jail. I guess if I was smarter, I would have not thought that was such a great idea in the first place.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You make this site worth coming to. We would definitely get in trouble if we got together.

Thanks!

In the end my buddy ended up looking like a sheer genius and one night in jail was nothing compared to the well educated practicing quackaroos and the try it now, worry about the consequences later bozos at the FDA that determined it was OK to give young children like myself Tetracycline that would leave us for the rest of our lives with yellow, dead looking permanent teeth.

Or the other super well educated alcoholic oral surgeon that some how convinced at least one of my parents if he didn't remove 12 of my teeth including 4 permanents that hadn't even come in yet, it would cause me trouble later on which is exactly what ended up happening because of the procedure, that helped pay for his big house up on the hill and his daily bottle of schnapps that would help him get ready to operate.

Yes, I have total faith in those smarter and more educated than myself to make decisions for me, because I am too stupid to think for myself.

#1258 4 years ago

How did I know about his alcohol situation? Before the full affects of the first procedure became apparent, he took a second stab at me removing my wisdom teeth. Which dislocated the jaw disk and left my jaw locked and with a throat infection so bad, I couldn't even swallow. When mom took me back to him I could smell it on him and he said come back if it gets any worse, then she immediately rushed me to the hospital not a moment too soon.

Shortly after I took a job at a liquor store where he would come in almost every day, sometimes before noon, and pick up his bottle of schnapps. By the time I was older and had serious issues because of his hackery, he was already dead so there was no going after him. The thought hadn't really crossed my mind anyway, I just paid the new surgeon out of pocket to try to fix me up as best he could. Three times.

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

CDC > one alcoholic dentist in the 70’s

What I learned then made me a better parent I believe.

When I was a child I was led to believe doctors could fix anything and anything they recommended would surely do no harm. And being a child, it was up to my parents to make those decisions and surely they would do the right thing. I had no idea how they used fear tactics to convince parents to let them hack away.

As a parent, I took what I learned and taught my daughter to be skeptical and have as little to do with medicine and doctors as necessary. If you are sick, they can't always make you well, but if you are well, they can certainly make you sick, or worse yet maim or even kill you. But don't overlook symptoms that tell you something is wrong. Already prevented one dentist from drilling away her perfectly good teeth by getting a second opinion.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Evidently, your childhood dentist was a greedy drunk. That fact should not dissuade you from seeking important medical information from well-educated and well-trained physicians, dentists and CDC researchers. Whenever my loved ones need medical treatment, I research the doctor's credentials to ensure, as best as possible, that the physician possesses the requisite background.

The whole dental industry was a racket, not just one I visited, but the rest of his cronies as well, and in many cases it still is when it comes to children and their teeth. The better your insurance, the more work they want to do. I have several friends and acquaintances that experienced the same thing. One friend bluntly says "Oh yeah, my dentist destroyed my teeth when I was a kid" Oh and I guess the FDA thinks or at least says it's still harmless to fill teeth with mercury.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The flu shot issue has a myriad of moving parts. There's the big pharma profit motive angle. I understand that concern.

They could get rich beyond their wildest dreams and that doesn't bother me one bit. It's the overworked, underpaid workers handling the stuff that would concern me. That is if I was willing to let some low income worker collecting a check I don't know stick me with it.

#1277 4 years ago

At Costco while picking up mom's prescription it wasn't "would you like a flu shot while you are here?"

It was "have you got your flu shot yet?"

"Sorry lady, I didn't order one and am not planning on it".

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

you would learn this doesn’t happen when the entire population is vaccinated. Problem is, their population isn’t 100% vaccinated. Maybe why they want to ramp up the program?

And in what fascist utopian world would that ever happen?

#1289 4 years ago

No clear thinking person believes that a world with no polio vaccine is better than a world with the polio vaccine.

Polio is one thing, but unless you didn't read the rest, confidence in vaccinations in the Philippines is at a low since dengue fever vaccine is blamed for killing several children in 2017.

Have you had your dengue fever vaccination yet? I'm sure there are a number of other deadly, contagious diseases you could take a poke in the arm for too that you haven't yet

My buddy Lenny got vaccinated for anthrax before he went to fight overseas. "In the military, you have no choice! They stick you with it and leave you in a foxhole sick as a dog for a month!"

#1294 4 years ago

Here's some irony in the American way of thinking and doing things.

There has been an outbreak of norovirus at the senior home where my mom is. I stopped by the front desk to drop off her medication this morning and everybody is wearing masks and they would not let anybody, myself included go any further than that not even to see my mother. But later in the afternoon they call me to come over and calm her down when she got a little riled up over something.

So which is it? We have a deadly outbreak here and we are trying to contain it, or we don't care if you get sick and spread it to the outside world as long as you can calm your mother down.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

....and now after banning the vaccine they are experiencing a dengue epidemic with over a thousand dead YTD.

So did you get yours yet? With 1000 dead, shouldn't you be worried?

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

If I lived in a tropical jungle climate without proper sanitation and had an option that gave me a 95% chance not to get dengue fever? Sign me up.

It isn't that common, but dengue fever also can and does happen in the continental USA. Along with many other third world diseases. And it's a whole lot worse than any flu. How is it we are not doing the herd immunization for all of those so a few people don't get sick?

Like you with dengue, one reason I don't get a flu shot because I'm not worried about getting it.

#1298 4 years ago

When shit hits the fan, it aint gonna be the flu, but something manufactured in the very same lab, or something nobody's worried about like dengue fever that does them all in. So in the end man's feeble efforts won't even matter.

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Because it’s not needed here? How common is it in the US vs the flu?

We are not some island, don't forget. The world is getting smaller with thousands of jetliners landing from far off countries every day. Bringing all that with them.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

I just don’t know how we’ve gotten to the point of parents putting their kids in danger because they don’t want to immunize against polio, tetanus, measles, etc. Not a huge risk when everyone else around you is immunized, but what happens when no one does?

It's a matter of people's bad experiences with medicine in general. There are a lot that know science can sometimes do a lot more harm than good, and when it does, it usually gets swept under the rug like nothing happened. A few people dying gets written off. It's become damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to making decisions for your children that will affect them for the rest of their lives. And the reality is even with something like polio, 95% infected would not even show symptoms.

I got all mine and my daughter got hers, but those are basically one time shots. Somehow I got the mumps anyway, even though vaccinated.

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

*Looks up mumps symptoms*
If you’re basing that off of the time you had pain and tenderness in the testes...that maaay have been something else.

Funny!

No, I remember having fat, swollen cheeks. And they said "you are not going to school". I said "OK!"

#1307 4 years ago

This is how good my memory is. I might have had mumps before they gave me the shot for it.
But if I can beat that and whooping cough, I can beat anything.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You’ve always struck me as an early adopter.

Or a relic from the new guinea pig days. They had no idea I might survive this long.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Doesn’t mean you can’t find websites claiming this and all manner of other wild nonsense, but doesn’t make it true.

Plenty of websites discussing this.

https://www.infowars.com/watch-un-takes-over-utah-taxpayer-funded-venue-claims-its-international-territory/

#1328 4 years ago

Thank goodness America is still the land of the free.

#1330 4 years ago

So far, the list of linked games has been the most relatable and entertaining part of this comedic thread.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He wasn't talking to you

Perhaps, but I believe I had been accused of that earlier in this thread.

I will never doubt the existence of science.

n3mt7xo1fbn01 (resized).jpgn3mt7xo1fbn01 (resized).jpg862d358459ecda9bd7e91c5bfc4726e5 (resized).jpg862d358459ecda9bd7e91c5bfc4726e5 (resized).jpg
#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

I'm believe you're more likely to get gonorrhea? What will you do then?

I suppose I could get a shot of tetracycline, since it already did whatever lifelong damage it could to me when I was younger.

Hopefully.

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

we can compare numbers - any numbers - IQ, California Achievement Tests, PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT.

I took the IQ test when I was a child and they said it was around 150, but it was too nice a day, so I went surfing the day they were handing out the others.

#1366 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm an under-achiever, too. It didn't pay so hot, but it was a helluva lot of fun getting here.

There are a lot of big money making careers you couldn't pay me to even dream about. The mind's number one job is to take care of the vehicle it is riding in and be as close to one with nature around it. Also being immune to everything and everybody around it that would like to disrupt or interfere with it's given direction and what it believes to be right.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not sold on the philosophy of molding my mind to be impervious to any evidence or argument that might lead me to question or change my current trajectory and beliefs. But at least it's an ethos

I'm always open to new points of view, some that make me rethink mine, and I think I just found one.

Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Flu shots are for pussies

#1379 4 years ago

And sometimes seatbelts break ribs.

Next.

You've got a thing about seatbelts. Did you sit in for a crash test dummy or what?

Next

#1385 4 years ago

Nah. Just an easy way to burn down the strawman arguments here.

Comparing a lifeless object like a seatbelt to toxic shit being injected is about as strawman as it gets.

#1388 4 years ago

Both have a common purpose of saving lives.

I guess we could include guns then too. They also have a purpose of saving lives.

#1390 4 years ago

Incorrect.

So if you wore a seatbelt on the inside it wouldn’t be strawman?

Hey, you tried.

No, I got your point. Which is why I said we should add life saving guns to the conversation.

Herd thinking would probably say the more people that carry guns, the safer we will all be. If everybody was to carry one, it would surely put an end to violence.

#1393 4 years ago

Just admit that sometimes seat belts and vaccines injure or kill but they overwhelmingly save lives and we can move on to other subjects.

Sure. A seatbelt can injure or kill you if you use it. You can even get killed driving if you don't use it.

If you choose not to drive, that takes away the risk, just like choosing not to use a vaccine.

I do believe we are on the same page now.

Except am I supposed to wear the seatbelt so somebody in another car doesn't get injured?

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm an engineer, BTW.

I knew I had seen you somewhere before.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#1430 4 years ago
#1518 4 years ago

Happy to say I survived two trips into the norovirus old folks home and did not get ill.

I also survived many more trips past where they are luring in young and old to get their flu shots and also did not get ill.

"Healthy man does not go to the doctor and does not get shots he does not need and does not get sick. Many such cases. Science fiction?"

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Cheers on evading the norovirus, it's not much fun. I assume you took appropriate precautions and avoided "fraternizing" with the ladies in the bridge club until the epidemic subsided?

It was super hard to pass up the bingo event.

#1522 4 years ago

Anyone that has a supreme logo and isn’t being ironic can scare away any virus without medicine!

#1524 4 years ago

The irony might be that I use my own mind in regards to what I do with my body, not what some so called experts in the field that I have never met think I ought to.

#1526 4 years ago

There are plenty of experts out there inventing and making crap most of the world will never use or need. I must have seen that Pocket Fisherman ad 1000 times and never even had the urge to go buy one. I'm sure plenty of people did though. The one that almost got me was the Spanek Vertical Roaster.

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So no Shamwows collecting dust at your place then?

No dude. I never even bought that book from that dude in the 90s that told me " By placing one tiny classified ad, I can show you how to make more money than you ever possibly imagined"

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#1530 4 years ago

Don Lapre. I bet you guys forgot all about that dude. I've been trying to come up with his name for months. Used to come on during Gilbert Gottfried's up all night and other highly rated shows.

Ouch! Did not know this.

"Lapre died on October 2, 2011, while in jail awaiting his trial, which was scheduled to begin on October 4, 2011. The autopsy report stated that he died of massive blood loss after cutting his throat with a razor blade and had wrapped himself in sheets to conceal the massive blood loss from anyone who might try to save him"

#1533 4 years ago

He says bowing to corporate logos and quoting terrible summer 'blockbuster' movies.

More like bowing to hard sell TV ads for shit I have no use for while watching said movies.

Speaking of TV ads, how come every medication they are pimping hard they always give you the long list of possible side affects except on those hard sell flu shot ads. Are they exempt for some reason?

#1536 4 years ago

Oh yeah, they've been pimping this stuff hard on TV lately. To be fair, they do warn you mostly not to get it if you ever had an adverse reaction before. I just see it like another Don Lapre, giving me a line of BS that I can see right thru.
download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#1538 4 years ago

A few pages back, in case you missed it, RGOCL posted all kinds of screen shots.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/23#post-5274224

And yes, I must have confused the Fluzone ads with all the generic ads in regards to fair warnings. Just wrote them all off like some kind of Billy Mays coke fueled rants. The more they try to sell me on them, the less interested I am.

Be honest here. Did I just burst one of your thanksgiving dinner rants?

You're kidding, right?

Do you think Walmart or Fluzone trying to push a product on me makes me notice a difference in if they are following fda requirements?

#1540 4 years ago

Those are screenshots from one of the most shown, scare you into taking it, Fluzone ads.

The generic ads that pimp it similarly, but don't mention any particular brand, don't include the fda warnings.

Took you to point that out to me, but as someone that is not interested in the sales pitch either way, I had a hard time telling the difference.

#1542 4 years ago

There has only been one FDA warning that slightly interests me, but until I can't actually pull it off myself, a pill that gives me a four hour boner has no real use to me.

I love all those other medications where they list a super long grocery list of warnings including "perhaps even death" and people still want to take it.

#1545 4 years ago

Life is a terminal condition. If a drug can extend it or make its quality materially better but there is a lightning strikes chance it could kill you, lots of people are willing to take that chance.

I guess that's where we differ.

I know we will all die someday, but I don't live life like it is a terminal condition. I see the best years are ahead of me. And I would only take a pharmaceutical drug if I had an urgent conditon that warranted it.

#1548 4 years ago

Don Lapre could have found a way to bottle that water and market it. Although the FDA wasn't too thrilled with his "The Greatest Vitamin in the World" campaign.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
390 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.