View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

ONE DOUBLE BLIND PLACEBO CONTROLLED STUDY of the efficacy of any vaccines!

Smallpox was literally completely eradicated due to widespread vaccinations. Polio is next, and measles, mumps, and rubella are quite rare these days. All thanks to widespread vaccination.

Quoted from Chicoman:

Vaccines are dangerous! Every vaccine not only contains mercury

Ah, yes. The old “mercury is in vaccines and it’s bad” claim. Here’s how it works: Mercury, as it’s used in some vaccines as a preservative, is called ethylmercury. It’s bonded atomically in such a way that it does not bioaccumulate, it is not poisonous (like methylmercury is).

The easiest way to explain this is: sodium is a deadly metal that catches fire in the presence of water. Chlorine is a deadly gas that has crazy corrosive capabilities. But together, in regular old table salt, it’s harmless, and even necessary to the body. Same principle is in play with ethylmercury that’s found in vaccines.

Quoted from Chicoman:

but Nagalase an enzyme that basically shuts your immune system off so your body will produce anti-bodies from the vaccine.

Quoted from Chicoman:

Also vaccines create anti-bodies by mutating with a person's DNA.

Those two statements are hilariously contradictory. And completely false. If your immune system is “shut down” it cannot create antibodies. The whole point of a vaccine is to introduce a dead virus into the body to give your immune system a chance at fighting it. It encourages an immune response, which is why some people may feel a little ill after getting one.

7 months later
#472 5 years ago

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a well summer. I just want to drop in some important information about vaccines and why you should get them, and also to quell any misconceptions.

1: The current flu vaccine doesn’t contain mercury anymore. They only did that due to popular public misconceptions, however. Not because it was dangerous. (See previous post of mine regarding the differences between Methyl and Ethyl Mercury, and how it’s bonded atomically) methylmercury is consumed from peoples dental fillings, fish consumption, and certain bacteria. It’s deadly and bioaccumulates. This type IS NOT in vaccines. Ethylmercury is sometimes used as a preservative in vaccines, it is easily metabolized, does not bioaccumulate, and leaves the body quickly. Remember, sodium and chlorine are deadly by themselves, but bonded together they make salt—just like Ethylmercury.

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-ingredients/thimerosal

2: 80,000 Americans died last year from the flu and its complications. To put that in perspective, that’s more than vehicle and firearm related deaths COMBINED. A seatbelt might trap you in an accident, but that doesn’t stop us from wearing them, since they overwhelmingly save lives. Why should we let a very small percentage of vaccine related complications stop us from getting vaccinated? (Vaccine related complications are overwhelmingly caused by allergic reactions to the vaccine contents, usually egg based, since viruses are incubated with eggs). You can still get a nasal spray to avoid this. Speak with your doctor beforehand If you suspect you’re allergic to any of the components in any vaccine.

3: “I’m healthy and I never get the flu, why should I vaccinate myself?” Is a common thing I hear. Widespread vaccination creates what’s called “herd immunity.” As a recipient of the vaccine, you no longer become a disease carrier or vector, thus protecting other more vulnerable people from catching the flu, who may not be healthy enough to vaccinate themselves—like cancer patients.

68725836-A949-4704-BC73-3F3674521926 (resized).jpeg68725836-A949-4704-BC73-3F3674521926 (resized).jpeg

4: “I got sick once after I got the flu shot.” The flu vaccine contains either a severely weakened virus strain, or a dead strain. In both cases, the virus can not reproduce in the body. In doing so, your body usually creates an immune response that builds up antibodies, so when/if you do come in contact with the virus, your body immediately recognizes it, and can immediately fight it. In some people, they might get the sniffles or a dry cough that lasts a few hours. You’re not actually sick.

While the vaccine isn’t 100% effective, since flu viruses mutate very rapidly, flu symptoms are almost always far less extreme in those who get vaccinated. This is why you need one every year.

5: Lastly, lately I’ve been hearing about people complain about the formaldehyde in some vaccines, also used as a preservative. It’s true that there is a small amount in them—a maximum of 0.02mg per dose—however, your body naturally produces formaldehyde in FAR greater quantities than what you’d ever receive in a vaccine, and certain foods, like apples and bananas contain much more formaldehyde than any vaccine does. Check out the chart for comparison:

https://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsnew/whatsnew_fa/files/formaldehyde.pdf

Anyway, I hope you all choose to vaccinate yourselves if you can, and I wish everyone a well fall and winter season.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Interesting why they are not used as much anymore when the FDA still claims they are safe.

I spoke to my dentist about this recently, actually. He said it’s mostly because people don’t like the way the old black fillings look, and the UV resin is easier to work with. The new stuff just all around a better product.

#629 5 years ago

I’m genuinely disappointed by the overall amount of science denying/disbelief here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.