View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1320 4 years ago

We're overdue for a nice pandemic. The Earth would appreciate 50% less population.

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

So would the global cabal elitists. Look up Georgia Guidestone...

They have some reasonable ideas.

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

As long as it isn't you or yours that gets dusted in the snap, huh.

I'll take one for the team. I get no joy out of being here.

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Dibs on your WH2O.

It sucks, it has no topper!

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Well then, if that's your objection to vaccines, you might want to also discontinue drinking Pepsi.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/confused-about-the-pepsi-fetal-cell-issue-here-are-the-facts

Fetuses are high in protein and sometimes grant you superpowers.

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

WARNING - THIS POST MAY BE DEEMED A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT-
What will you do when self driving cars become the norm? Will you freak out when a few accidents or even a few thousand accidents happen each year because the car screwed the pooch? Will you refuse to get into an autonomous vehicle because they have the ability to kill? Can't drive one because you heard your aunts, friend's daughter, was in a deadly accident in one?
Or will you realize that autonomous vehicles don't get tired, they don't get drunk, don't text, put on make-up or eat cereal while driving. Although not 100% effective at driving they will be far superior to human drivers and death by motor vehicle accident will decline from the 1.25 million deaths each year. Nothing is 100% effective.
If vaccines do more good than harm and self driving cars do more good than harm I will take my chances. I don't care what you do as long as you wash your damn hands after the bathroom when playing craps at my table.

Personally I won't ride in an autonomous vehicle because I enjoy driving myself. Whether it's safer or not makes no difference to me.

#1403 4 years ago

Me too. Have you ever wondered if self driving will be a thing of the past? Think maybe insurance companies will charge you more if you self drive? human driving will ultimately have higher risks. Most people are not very good at staying alert, sober and attentive to the road.

I think they'll only truly be safer if the transportation system is redesigned from the ground up with autonomous driving in mind. All cars need to use it. Cars need to communicate with other cars near them. Road signs and traffic signals need to be redesigned to communicate with the cars, etc. My boss and I were talking about this just a couple days ago. Designing software systems to solve complex problems is what we do.

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I saw a guy leave the bathroom stall at a grocery store, never stopped to wash his hands and headed right for the produce section

That was me. Working on my tolerance to e-coli.

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

So, you guys gonna get a flu shot or nah?

Nah. My wife and kid get it every year. My kid also gets the flu every year. A couple years ago he got the shot, then about a month afterwards got both strains of the flu at the same time. I don't get it and haven't had the flu since 2000.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And then I've been self-employed successfully for the last 20 years, have a great family, a beautiful wife and an 811/850 credit score. I haven't been given a single unearned thing for 30 years.. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

811? I haven't been that low in years. Also FICO scores are out of 900.

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Yeah, I guess I remembered it a little low, credit experts, Now should we post pics of our wives?[quoted image]

I'd start with SSN and mother's maiden name.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Also post pictures of your wife and FICO scores so you can participate in this super weird pretend dick measuring contest.

If he starts posting those pics, I'm done reading this thread

4 weeks later
#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Ok, if a vaccine had NO risk to you, and saved a trillion people, are you morally obligated to take the vaccine?

No, the earth is overpopulated.

1 week later
#2098 4 years ago

I got a flu shot two days ago. Our new insurance paid us $2 to get one and I'm a sucker for free money. Now my arm hurts.

#2100 4 years ago

Your insurance company is paying you two dollars so you will get sick and they will have to spend millions on you. It's a giant sigma alpha bear scam.

Most likely. I just met my out of pocket max in the first month of my plan year. Now I have 11 months of free medical care. Hope I get sick a bunch.

Had a hernia surgery and the bill before insurance was $29k for an outpatient procedure that took under an hour. Doc told me wife he thought I had another one, so I'm going back in a couple weeks to find out if I get to go through it all over again.

2 weeks later
#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Doesn't even sound like the flu. Sounds like an entirely different disease, with some similar symptoms, but ultimately taking a different course.
If it's hitting healthy kids, imagine what it will do to overweight, out of shape, smoking adults!

There's a bird flu outbreak in Poland and a viral pneumonia (SARs?) outbreak in China right now. Maybe we have something other than the standard flu going on too.

1 week later
#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Except smokers (and example - people who ride motorcycles without helmets) are a harm only (mainly) to themselves. When you get the flu, you likely spread it to others. Now your misery or death can be shared with unwitting victims.

Those unwitting victims should have gotten their shots

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.